Hypnotized by skepticism

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 plindboe

plindboe

Has a pseudoscience radar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:20 PM

Why does it, more often than not, seem that when reality is offered the skeptics become mute?

I think you will find that skeptics are anything but mute if you post at the right forums. I advice the JREF forums. There are unfortunately a few rude members there, as with any forum that considers free speech a virtue, but I think if you present your case honestly and politely you will receive honest and polite skeptical responses. That's certainly my experience when I'm lurking on the forum.

Here's the link to the " General Skepticism and The Paranormal" forum: http://forums.randi....display.php?f=7
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users