Werewolves

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:51 AM

And with that Ray closes his paranormal enciclopedia, takes of his reading glasses, bows to the crowd and leaves to the right of the stage.

:headbang:

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 6th

6th

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:17 AM

And with that Ray closes his paranormal enciclopedia, takes of his reading glasses, bows to the crowd and leaves to the right of the stage.

:headbang:

Actually its a very different and varied world to those who live their lives as vampires & werewolves.

#18 Dynastgriff

Dynastgriff

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

There are a couple of views on the silver bullet or weapon theory. One concept is that silver being the metal associated with the moon interferes with transformation rendering the werewolf vulnerable to the weapon. The other is that silver is inherently magically sensitive and thus any magic (such as a blessing) placed upon it remains potent and active. However this is only effective if the theory that lycanthrophy is a curse is true, Since a blessing would interact with the curse and render the creature vulnerable. In either case the purity of the silver and not it amount seem to at issue. Thus a silver plated weapon should be effective. However the nature of a bullet is to deform in flesh and silver is extremely soft at the temperatures under consideration, therefore the chance of such deformation interfering with the interaction of silver with flesh is very likely. The conclusion therefore demands the use of solid silver to guarantee the effectiveness of the bullet. Whether the blessing or the silver is the active component is debatable but for safety, the bet is for solid silver.

#19 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:48 AM

;)

Actually its a very different and varied world to those who live their lives as vampires & werewolves.

HUH!!

Is a silver bullet the only way to kiill a werewolf? or is there different methods in different myths and such?

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:50 AM

Understood, 6th, but for most of us who know of them only in the fictional sense, we are left to our own devices to conjugate the most effective means of disposing of them. Much like Bigfoot, until we actually find one, all we can do is draw conclusions based from myth and legend.
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users