EMF meter from Ghost Hunters (TAPS)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 autumntribe

autumntribe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:53 PM

I still have my grumbles about these devices, especially after one was put next to a cell phone, and the investigator's own head. One should not rely on these things soley.

Yeah, but some of the places I am going have no power whatsoever, I'm not even taking my cell, if my meter goes red I will have nite video running anyway, but I will have a voice recorder Active and my team mate will start snapping photos, I'll see how it goes. I bought the actual clear "Ghost meter" one. I'm new to the village, so I will post any results.

Edited by autumntribe, 20 June 2008 - 06:55 PM.

#17 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

So, these emf detectors detect man-made AC fields, correct? I just have a question to brain over...

If these detectors pick up these fields, and it's also thought that entities can drain power sources to help manifest, then wouldn't it stand to reason that these detectors could possibly pick up an entity that has drawn on AC or DC current to help manifest?
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#18 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

So, these emf detectors detect man-made AC fields, correct? I just have a question to brain over...

If these detectors pick up these fields, and it's also thought that entities can drain power sources to help manifest, then wouldn't it stand to reason that these detectors could possibly pick up an entity that has drawn on AC or DC current to help manifest?

Not neccessarily. Energy is often altered in form. For example take light. Electricity travels through wires which can be detected by an EMF monitor. However that same energy when it flows through a light bulb is converted to light energy which is not detectable by EMF equipment.

Now the second part of this, where is the evidence that entities draw any form of energy from the environment? I have measured fields and also monitored for such activity n the presence of batteries and AC fields and never found any evidence of unexplained drains or draw from the sources.

#19 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:46 PM

Not neccessarily. Energy is often altered in form. For example take light. Electricity travels through wires which can be detected by an EMF monitor. However that same energy when it flows through a light bulb is converted to light energy which is not detectable by EMF equipment.

Now the second part of this, where is the evidence that entities draw any form of energy from the environment? I have measured fields and also monitored for such activity n the presence of batteries and AC fields and never found any evidence of unexplained drains or draw from the sources.

Cave,

Can certain areas actually drain batteries faster than other areas? I never experienced an investigation where batteries drained at all, and on one investigation in May, we had 8 devices that lost charges within 5 minutes of installation. Various battery types (lithium, standard, and in unit rechargeables all failed without warning very rapidly). Perhaps when these drains occur it's the location rather than entities.

I can tell you that the house we investigated is near my home...the entire area near and around my house is built atop a large mass of glacial granite deposits, with several natural springs in area. Maybe the area is producing a field of some type naturally that is creating stress on batteries? It's worth noting that in my own home, I've never had a problem with battery drain.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#20 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:10 PM

Cave,

Can certain areas actually drain batteries faster than other areas? I never experienced an investigation where batteries drained at all, and on one investigation in May, we had 8 devices that lost charges within 5 minutes of installation. Various battery types (lithium, standard, and in unit rechargeables all failed without warning very rapidly). Perhaps when these drains occur it's the location rather than entities.

I can tell you that the house we investigated is near my home...the entire area near and around my house is built atop a large mass of glacial granite deposits, with several natural springs in area. Maybe the area is producing a field of some type naturally that is creating stress on batteries? It's worth noting that in my own home, I've never had a problem with battery drain.

I am not aware of any way any natural location can cause battery drain. Possibly in areas of extreme RF fields, etc. such factors may come into play, but the fields would have to be orders of magnitude greater than any we would encounter unless you stood directly in front of a radar antenna or something like that.

Regarding areas placing stress, that should be repeatable. My recommendation would be to set up a controlled experiment in such a suspect location and conduct tests. If a pattern could be established, then further research may reveal exactly what is present that causes this effect. From there more research may open new avenues for study.

But I don't ascribe any such power to spirits without seeing some more concrete proof. As I said I use a power module for my research which allows nme to keep tabs on my power drain and I have never experienced any abnormal effects in 30 years of research.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users