• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bmur

bmur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:43 AM

This a small midwestern town close to St. Louis. Paranormal activity on almost every street corner. Anyone heard of the McPike Mansion?
Posted ImageRIVERBEND PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION SOCIETYhttp://www.myspace.com/rpis

#2 Sentient Bound

Sentient Bound

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:43 AM

This a small midwestern town close to St. Louis. Paranormal activity on almost every street corner. Anyone heard of the McPike Mansion?

That sounds like an awesome place to be! Never heard of McPike Mansion though... Can you tell us a little bit about it?

I'm curious to know though... if you live in Illinois, do you have any research on Kaskaskia, Illinois? Trying to get research on my Great Grandfather Chief Rouensa of the Kaskaskia Tribe and his daughter Marie Rouensa. There is a museum there in Illinois that has a wing dedicated to her. She is supposedly burried under a pew in the Immaculate Conception Church in Kaskaskia.

Anyone with any information leading to Birth, Death, Burial's and other pertinent information, please contact me at:

myspace.com/fourseasonsparanormal

Thanks!

Dawn Mc.

#3 kithrox

kithrox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Aside from the obvious, I love my dogs, shopping, fashion, drawing watching movies and TV, music, concerts, sand volleyball, playing board games and guitar hero<br /><br />I've been into the paranormal since I was about 5. Since then I have been reading and watching anything regarding the paranormal, especially ghosts.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

I live in Chicagoland and have been to Alton, IL twice. I went on a ghost tour each of the times I went and on one of them we stopped at the McPike Mansion and got to explore the grounds. We couldn't go inside the actual house though because it was in very bad shape. It was still pretty cool.

Heres a good link regarding the McPike Mansion:
click here
And a link to Alton hauntings:
click here

You can buy the book Haunted Alton by Troy Taylor on the website! I have the book and it is really extensive. Sooo many hauntings in just one little town.

I hope to go again sooon! :)

Edited by kithrox, 14 June 2007 - 12:49 PM.

Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?Just because you're paranoidDon't mean they're not after you!

#4 bmur

bmur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

I just actually called on the McPike mansion today, It's having some work down to it and I hope it reopens for tours and investigations soon.

I to have read the book Haunted Alton. It's actually on the book shelf right now. Thanks for the links.

When the house opens again, I will definately let you know, perhaps you come on a tour or investigation as well.
Posted ImageRIVERBEND PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION SOCIETYhttp://www.myspace.com/rpis

#5 kithrox

kithrox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Aside from the obvious, I love my dogs, shopping, fashion, drawing watching movies and TV, music, concerts, sand volleyball, playing board games and guitar hero<br /><br />I've been into the paranormal since I was about 5. Since then I have been reading and watching anything regarding the paranormal, especially ghosts.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

That would be awesome. I don't know the last time they were actually open for tours....i think it has been a while. I would love to check out the place again. I took some pictures from when I went there last. I just have to figure out how to get them on the computer.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?Just because you're paranoidDon't mean they're not after you!

#6 pacer

pacer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Im a big TAPS fan. Also love the show Jericho. I ride quads and love fast cars.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:06 PM

It was last open in 2001 but had since been condemed because of a bad roof. However by the looks of things they have fixed it recently. I drive by it almost daily on my commute. Im very excited about it opening back up. Many people have caught in the basement on film what is called an ectoplasmic mist. Its very very good evidence. Quite possibly some of the best. Not saying its a ghost but its certainly paranormal. I will try to find that vid.

#7 bmur

bmur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:25 AM

I believe there some very good photos of the place as well. I'd love to investigate there.

#8 bmur

bmur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

Alton has numerous reported hauntings. There is the Mineral Springs mall, The Love Joy Monument, and throught the hospitals and such.

I'll see if I can get some more information on these spots.

#9 ladoodle

ladoodle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:i love spooky things

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

Alton is such an atmospheric small town, right on the Mississippi. I've been there every fall for the past 4 years now, and there is always some new place to explore. I suggest going on a ghost hunters tour of the city, the ones lead by the Alton Hauntings Ghost Tours, this highlights some great places. They took us inside the First Unitatian church, which is known as being very haunted, and last year we went into tunnels under the Enos Sanitorium. The city cemetery is a lovely, eerie place too. I highly recommend making a trip, spend a couple days and enjoy some of the scenic drives too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users