Thomas Edison's Spirit Communication Device

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

Just for giggles I searched Ebay; sorry, no Edison Spirit Machine! Just makes you wonder though. Look at all the drawings DaVinci did, even though most of his drawings never got actual made. Did Edison leave behind a drawing or sketch of what this thing was to look like? As much of a tinkerer as this guy was, you just want to believe that somewhere, in a closet, or old box, or attic, there is this old machine nobody knows what is just waiting to be discovered! It's whereabout would be just as intriguing to me as if the thing could even work!

Somehow doubt Hollywood will pick up on it...........although, Nicholas Cage...........nah, nevermind!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#17 josetted

josetted

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Edison phonographs, gardening, reading, writing, bicycling, photography, hauntings, spirits, paranormal, ghost hunts, silent films, old music, collecting and reselling antiques.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:50 AM

I have heard of the article describing Edison's spirit communication machine, and then I later read another article that was explained away by his son Charles that is was all a hoax intended to trick a magazine reporter (as was previously discussed on here in other posts I read through). Had this spirit communication machine been real for its time in the early 1920's it would have been amazing for sure and fascinating to own if any of those spirit machines would even be obtainable, then it would be truly a one-of-a-kind purchase. If it did exist then I would say it might resemble one of his more popular phonographs, the wax cylinder phonograph perhaps?

I don't think Edison was a satanist by any means. Had he been, do you think he would have staked ruining his reputation and loose all those grants to over a million patents to his name? Plus loose out on marketing sales on his other various inventions? - Josette
"I have not failed. I just found 1,000 ways that don't work."- Thomas Alva Edison"Although there is nothing supernatural about it..." ~ Harry Houdini about the Chinese water torture cell trick in 1914.

#18 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

I can actually hear his dry sense of humor talking to the reporter. I bet it was one of those kinds of jokes that if you were not paying attention, you'd swear he as being serious. Edison apparently didn't want to ruin the fun and refused to tell the reporter "It's a joke son."

I can see it, I can hear it... I know plenty of people with that kind of humor.

#19 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:59 PM

I can actually hear his dry sense of humor talking to the reporter. I bet it was one of those kinds of jokes that if you were not paying attention, you'd swear he as being serious. Edison apparently didn't want to ruin the fun and refused to tell the reporter "It's a joke son."

I can see it, I can hear it... I know plenty of people with that kind of humor.

*Rayzr, with hands in his pockets, slowly looks away after reading Life's last statment!*

"What??"
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#20 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

Ok just want to clear things up, this topic is referring to the "box" right?
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#21 Ghost_hunter_1954

Ghost_hunter_1954

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Scientific paranormal research, The Rhine Center (Member), the International Paranormal Research Association and the International Paranormal Investigators

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

thomas edison is the topic the invention came from his mind and yes other people are interested in contacting the dead as well

just as well as other people may find it interesting to know edison was a satanist even if you dont

but edison just so happaned to belong to same society of satanist that franklin and washington belonged too

so ON TOPIC would be the fact that the reason Edison may have wanted to invent such a thing and possibly did (cause we really don't know do we?) is because of his interest in the occult particularly with the darker side of such things

so as you can plainly see i am on topic by being a little off topic.

thank you

I was wondering if you would quote your source for this information. I have researched this topic extensively concerning his research in the paranormal and nowhere have I found any evidence to substantiate this claim. I would be interested in reading about this from the source.

As for George Washington, I sincerely doubt he was a Satanist. He was a master mason and member of the grand lodge. The masons acknowledge God, in spite of what you may believe.

I do appologize for straying off topic but since this has been brought up I felt a need to address it further.

Edited by Ghost_hunter_1954, 26 July 2007 - 10:33 AM.

“It is often stated that of all the theories proposed in this century, the silliest is quantum theory. In fact, some say that the only thing that quantum theory has going for it is that it is unquestionably correct.”Michio Kaku

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users