i don't know if .........

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:13 PM

Speaking from experience, I'll have to disagree with you.

Well, I was speaking from personal experience as a storm caller.

Hi...and, my apologies. I didn't intend to ruffle any feathers. I probably didn't quite understand the direction of this thread.

Storm calling and rain making are interesting topics, however. They also have roots in many areas to include Wicca and Native American cultures. We have a NA spirit who stays in our front yard. I usually see him when I look out through the window on our front door. One day he was showing me a dance. He had feathers down both arms resembling bird wings and was dancing in a figure 8. I later learned that this dance is two turtles coming together and is used to summon rain.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#17 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:24 PM

No, no, you didn't step on any toes. I have an unfortunate habit of being quite logical and cold when I'm typing so I apologize if I sounded offended. I wasn't... just explaining a bit more fully the standpoint I'd given.

#18 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

Rrrgh, sorry for the double post, I can't edit my message and had more to say... so here it is, with my apologies.

I haven't studied Native culture very much yet... I've heard of and seen the rain dance in the Lakota/Dakota culture. I would be very interested in researching it more and finding out how the rain callers (because there are specific people within the tribes who can do it) compare with natural teek storm callers.

I know there are a few telekinetic abilities that combine but do not make up the sum total of storm calling... there's aerokineticism (manipulation of air currents) and electrokineticism (electricity) and an unknown quantity that brings them together, probably with a few other things thrown in there. I read as much as I could about storm callers when I was doing it actively (I did it a LOT through my teen years and have "tweaked" the lightning in storms as an adult for a prettier "show") and learned not-a-whole-lot about it when I was researching it recently (it came up in a topic on a different forum and the person couldn't find anything about the ability... it took me probably 3 hours to hit on "storm calling" as the name of it and then only found one or two serious sites that spoke about it at all, and then only in passing). TK/PK has not been my focus of study since I've started my journey... though it may be worth it to study up some more (and I would LOVE to see any links anyone has about the ability... it's not easy to find out there!).

#19 cryptokiller

cryptokiller

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

Weather control?

Yep, that's one of my main 'abilities' actually.

I have called up the wind to order on an otherwise still and calm day, and can at almost anytime create a swirling vortex of air around my hands, or indeed my whole body. It's not enough to damage anything, but it is noticeable.

I have also called the rain on an otherwise dry day, and been answered well over fifty percent of the time, and even called snow down from ordinary rain clouds (but just the once, when my 'abilities' were firing at their near optimum and I was completely 'high' on the power I was tapping into). On that occasion I seemingly stopped an entire storm front over mine and two witnesses heads, and then caused it to snow with such force that it blew a circular hole in the clouds over us.

Felt oddly hyper after, but drained once that 'high' subsided.

The main side effects and limitations of this ability are pretty obvious I suppose. I can only call the weather outside, preferably away from the city where I am able to tap into the energy of nature. I do not need to use any specific ritual to perform this trick, but it does take a heck of a lot of willpower to pull off, which can actually hurt. Oh, and my hair is always flowing, as if caught in a breeze when I go outside, which is actually quite cool.

cryptokiller
London
UK

#20 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:53 AM

Our coven has done many weather workings together and a large part of our coven, as individuals have the abillity to call upon the weather to help us out at anytime.

I remember when I first thought I may have this ability. I was in Boston coming from a commuter train and it stopped at South Station. it was a hot and muggy day with no wind at all. I was feeling really down b/c of some issues that were happening to me at that time. I was walking out of the train and into the station when I thought "I just need a nice whip of wind to cleanse my spirit and help me feel better during my day at work." After I thought this, a huge gust of wind came and swirled around me and calmed me down. Of course I didn't really think much of it, i just though "oh the goddess heard my calls and helped me out". Later that day I was meditating and decided to see if I could call up the wind like i did earlier. Low and behold I did!! it wasn't as strong as the first time but I did it!

Weather working is a great tool but you have to be careful with it too. I have many stories about how during Beltane our group tries to have our ritual outside, but since it's May some years we have to do a weather working to make sure that a storm doesn't come during our ceremonies. Our working always works but you have to remember that you pretty much diverted the storm from it's original course to another course and with it comes the fact that it could now be a stronger storm than originally intended or a weaker one. (I hope that made sense)

#21 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

Weather working is a great tool but you have to be careful with it too. I have many stories about how during Beltane our group tries to have our ritual outside, but since it's May some years we have to do a weather working to make sure that a storm doesn't come during our ceremonies. Our working always works but you have to remember that you pretty much diverted the storm from it's original course to another course and with it comes the fact that it could now be a stronger storm than originally intended or a weaker one. (I hope that made sense)

I remember a couple of years ago, they held Pagan Pride Day in late October, and it was 90+ degrees( that does not happen here that time of year!) and there were a couple of cases of heatstroke. It hadn't been particularly unseasonable weather the week before or after, so though I never heard directly I have sometimes wondered if the weather-workers overdid it trying to keep it from raining on the festival...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#22 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:59 AM

I remember a couple of years ago, they held Pagan Pride Day in late October, and it was 90+ degrees( that does not happen here that time of year!) and there were a couple of cases of heatstroke. It hadn't been particularly unseasonable weather the week before or after, so though I never heard directly I have sometimes wondered if the weather-workers overdid it trying to keep it from raining on the festival...

ahhh yes that's always the hard part. Last Beltane it was raining on and off all day. We did a weather working that day to hold off the rain and it worked, but just barely. We did our ritual on this beautiful lake and we could see that it was raining on the other side of the lake and that the rain would only come halfway to the lake near our side and then fizzle out. Literally right after we had closed the circle and our ritual was finished and we started to eat our large meal the rain came right in from the lake and poured. Thank god we had a tarp near the food, just in case. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users