19 replies to this topic

#1 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:46 AM

Posted Image

The Celtic Cross is the most popular spread. There are many more to choose from, but I like this one because it covers so many aspects of the querent's life. (The querent is the person you are reading for.)

There are readers who choose a card to represent the querent, and lay it to the side. I do not do this because then that card is not able to actually be part of the reading, and I like to have all of my cards be available for use in a reading.

To begin a reading, ask your querent to meditate upon their most important issue as they shuffle your deck. When they are ready, ask the querent to cut the deck (to the left) and return the cards to you.

With your left hand, draw from the top, and lay the cards out as shown above.

A card is considered 'Reversed'. if it is facing away from you, the Reader.

Take an overall look at the cards, because they influence each other in the big picture and cannot be read one by one. They are read in relation to all cards surrounding them.

When you speak to the querent, explain the cards in story form. Let your intuition guide you. As you begin to have a feel for your cards, they will tell you very clearly what they are saying.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#2 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 06:00 AM

Posted Image

Meanings of Cards in a Celtic Cross Spread

Position One: This is the heart of the matter...the issue at hand, the atmosphere that surrounds the querent at this time.

Position Two:  This crosses the querent, and is always read right side up. It opposes the querent.

Position Three:  This card lays beneath the querent. It is a part of the immediate past and has already affected the querent.

Position Four:  This represents influence that is just now passing away,

Position Five:  This card signifies what is very likely to happen in the future.

Position Six:  The card laid here will tell what will happen in the IMMEDIATE future.

Position Seven:  The fears of the querent in relation to the issue at hand are explained here.

Position Eight:  Outside influences on the current situation are clarified in this position.

Position Nine:  The hopes of the querent in relation to the matter at hand are shown here.

Position Ten:  The Final Outcome. It is read as in relation to the nine other cards in the spread.

Posted Image

#3 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 06:24 AM

Following are details of a reading I did this week-end for a member of Ghostvillage:

(If you are doing a reading online, shuffle the cards until the querent tells you to stop. Have them think of their issue/question while you are shuffling. It's sometimes hard to do an online reading, because the querent cannot hear the inflection in my voice.)

This is the spread, along with my condensed interpretation:

Position One:  Ace of Cups    "You are experiencing a surge of great productiveness. Ths serves as a reminder that when the mind is filled with spirit, the spirit will fill the material cup to overflowing."

Position Two:  King of Wands   "You cross yourself. Although you are a man of enterprise,loyal, and come from a good family, you sometimes act in haste and regret it afterwards."

Position Three:  Queen of Wands - Reversed     "There is a woman in your life who is likely to turn against you. She may decide not to assist you. This will be done without cause."

Position Four:  Five of Pentacles   "Until very recently, you did not realize that help was so close at hand. You've had indecision and confusion, not knowing the answer was available at any time.

Position Five:  Wheel of Fortune   "This is a wonderful card for a business reading, which I suspect this is judging by the spread. You will feel the benefits of success with an unexpected turn of luck. There will be new conditions in your life, caused by your creativity."

Position Six: The Hermit    "Very soon, you will receive instruction from an expert in your field. A meeting with one who will guide you. This may require a journey on your part."

Position Seven:  The Star   "You worry that your inspiration for an idea is not good enough. You need to know that it is more than sufficient. If you remain concerned, meditate upon the matter."

Position Eight:   Four of Pentacles  "This card assures you of material gain. Just remember that you must spend money to make money. Do not hold too tightly to material profit."

Position Nine:  Page of Cups Reversed   "You're hoping for a smooth transition, but there will be obstacles, of course. Be careful that others follow through on their word. Even if they don't, the influence of surrounding cards (The Hermit and Wheel of Fortune) will help you to overcome."

Position Ten: King of Swords   "This is a man of many ideas and thoughts. He is both a good enemy and a good friend because he fights fair. He is your final outcome and he is who you will be after you make a decision. He signifies power and authority...things you will have. Your decision will put you in that position."

Posted Image  

Posted Image

#4 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 06:47 AM

Review of the Reading:

The appearance of so many Court Cards and Major Arcana Cards in this reading told me that the issue the querent was thinking of is happening RIGHT NOW. This is not a passing notion. Everything is intense.

The reversed Page of Cups concerned me. While he can be overruled by the Hermit and Wheel of Fortune, he does have the support of the reversed Queen of Wands. Materialistic betrayal accompanied by lessened energy can be a difficult duo to overcome. In additon, the querent's fear of success may make him susceptible to their ploy. The Hermit must be listened to above all others. His words will strike a chord with the querent, and he will be able to identify the Page.

The outcome card (King of Swords) is very positive, and a good card to have in Position 10. And, clearly, the Ace of Cups is a wonderful opening card. The Five of Pentacles in Position 4 encourages discussion with the Hermit, as does the Four of Pentacles. In addition to emotional guidance, the Hermit will offer technical/business guidance.

All in all, this was a positive reading. The querent is encouraged to go forward with plans, while availing himself of all assistance being offered.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:21 AM

Posted Image

The class is turning pretty intresting! and knowledgable too!
Posted Image

#6 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:43 AM

HOLLLLLYYYYYYYY!  I'm still trying to just get my major arcana as well as the opposing and supporting cards memorized!  I haven't even studied the  minors at all!  i've looked thru them but some make sense and some don't.  The spread seems to intimidating to me.  It's overwhelming.  Are you going to talk about any other (simplier?) spreads?
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#7 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:21 AM

Hawker,

I'll post a three card spread ( past,present and future) - It's a quick spread, and a very effective one as well...

Oh, and try this: Just concentrate on learning the meanings of the cards themselves..The supporting and opposing cards will fall into place on their own - You'll see!

Posted Image

#8 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 12:57 PM

AHEM!  Uh, Holly?  Uh, where are you???  I've been waiting.  Patiently waiting.  Waiting patiently.  It's been a while, ya know?  

#9 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 07:57 PM

Below is a three card reading I did for a neighbor the other evening. When I do these simple readings, I use Major Arcana cards only. While she concentrated on her question,she shuffled the deck. I then laid the cards out with my left hand.

Reading left to right, the cards represent past, present and future. (Some readers choose to read them as body, mind and spirit. I feel that those terms only result in ethereal discussions, without giving true guidance)

I did not ask my neighbor what her question was, because I never want to be influenced. As a matter of fact, I usually don't even want to know the question at all unless the querent takes action upon the advice. I ask them to give me a call if my reading affected their decisions in life.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Looking at these cards, it was very easy to see what her question must center around

Her situation was brought about through pressure she has received through a group situation...most likely employment, but,of course, not necessarily. She's been feeling that she has no room to breathe, and is unable to express her own talent and creativity. She'd thought she might like to break free, but worries for her well-being if she makes a break from the group.
Ahhh, but the Chariot assures her that she can make the move and she will be better for having done it. She knows what she wants and must go for it. She will be successful because she has the self-confidence to succeed. She's just been overpowered in the past by the Hierophant.
The Empress allows for the fact that rewards will be abundant if the querent listens to her inner spirit. It may have been stifled for a while, but it remains inside her and is crying to be released. I advised her to keep herself grounded, and approach her issue with confidence and self-assuredness. It's time that she stops short-selling herself.

I received a call from her 2 nights ago...She faxed her resume to Disney and has an interview arranged for the first week in September. She'll be leaving a tedious job which leaves her no chance for advancement. She's been nervous to leave her current job, because it is the "demon she knows", but she knows it's holding her back.
She's ready to make the move now, and take a chance! She has the support of her family and is feeling very sure of herself. She no longer underestimates her skills.

I have no doubt she'll get the job...

Posted Image

#10 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:16 AM

AHHH!  So on a three card reading it's just the major Arcana?  The three card spread is much easier.  I've done a celtic cross and I get overwhelmed.  Maybe I should be learning the Tarot thru the 3 card and then move on to the Celtic Cross.  What do you think?

#11 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 10:56 AM

Hawker---The spirit who sometimes helps me with tarot( unfortunately, he's not always instantly available and I'm not that great with it on my own yet) advised doing that and also suggested trying the three-card when I'm confused by what I get from the Celtic Cross.   At least that's my understanding, though the trouble with spirits is it's hard to know how much is your own head getting things jumbled...Anyway, perhaps I should just let Holly teach the lesson but that thought did occur...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#12 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 01:29 PM

I'm always open to input!  

#13 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 01:38 PM

Holy Bovine! batman, this stuff is complex!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#14 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 03:42 PM

I think it's a good idea to begin with a three card spread. When you lay the spread out, look at all three cards and see the progression from past through future. The cards will tell you a story, and it should be presented as such to your querent.
The connections will come to you through your intuition, and this will become easier as you do more readings.

If you have a friend or family member who would like to have a reading done, then start there. Or, read the cards for yourself. If you see how the cards will tell you the story of an event you're familiar with, then you'll be more comfortable doing a blind reading.

As you start branching out, you'll see that you don't want to know the question you're interpreting for. We're only human, and it's easy to be swayed. It's just my own little quirk that I never want to know the question until my reading comes to fruition. And then, I love receiving calls or e-mails telling me details!

It does appear to be complex,Akthra (aka Boy Wonder!), but you'd be amazed how quickly it becomes second nature!

Posted Image

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:33 PM

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM)
Following are details of a reading I did this week-end for a member of Ghostvillage:

This is the spread, along with my condensed interpretation:

Position One:  Ace of Cups    "You are experiencing a surge of great productiveness. Ths serves as a reminder that when the mind is filled with spirit, the spirit will fill the material cup to overflowing."[/quote]

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM) Position Two:  King of Wands   "You cross yourself. Although you are a man of enterprise,loyal, and come from a good family, you sometimes act in haste and regret it afterwards."[/quote]

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM) Position Three:  Queen of Wands - Reversed     "There is a woman in your life who is likely to turn against you. She may decide not to assist you. This will be done without cause."[/quote]

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM) Position Four:  Five of Pentacles   "Until very recently, you did not realize that help was so close at hand. You've had indecision and confusion, not knowing the answer was available at any time.[/quote]

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM) Position Five:  Wheel of Fortune   "This is a wonderful card for a business reading, which I suspect this is judging by the spread. You will feel the benefits of success with an unexpected turn of luck. There will be new conditions in your life, caused by your creativity."[/quote]

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM) Position Six: The Hermit    "Very soon, you will receive instruction from an expert in your field. A meeting with one who will guide you. This may require a journey on your part."[/quote]

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM) Position Seven:  The Star   "You worry that your inspiration for an idea is not good enough. You need to know that it is more than sufficient. If you remain concerned, meditate upon the matter."[/quote]

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM) Position Eight:   Four of Pentacles  "This card assures you of material gain. Just remember that you must spend money to make money. Do not hold too tightly to material profit."[/quote]

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM) Position Nine:  Page of Cups Reversed   "You're hoping for a smooth transition, but there will be obstacles, of course. Be careful that others follow through on their word. Even if they don't, the influence of surrounding cards (The Hermit and Wheel of Fortune) will help you to overcome."[/quote]

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 04:54 PM) Position Ten: King of Swords   "This is a man of many ideas and thoughts. He is both a good enemy and a good friend because he fights fair. He is your final outcome and he is who you will be after you make a decision. He signifies power and authority...things you will have. Your decision will put you in that position."[/quote]

[quote] (Holly @ Aug 15 2004, 05:17 PM)
Review of the Reading:

The appearance of so many Court Cards and Major Arcana Cards in this reading told me that the issue the querent was thinking of is happening RIGHT NOW. This is not a passing notion. Everything is intense.

The reversed Page of Cups concerned me. While he can be overruled by the Hermit and Wheel of Fortune, he does have the support of the reversed Queen of Wands. Materialistic betrayal accompanied by lessened energy can be a difficult duo to overcome. In additon, the querent's fear of success may make him susceptible to their ploy. The Hermit must be listened to above all others. His words will strike a chord with the querent, and he will be able to identify the Page.

The outcome card (King of Swords) is very positive, and a good card to have in Position 10. And, clearly, the Ace of Cups is a wonderful opening card. The Five of Pentacles in Position 4 encourages discussion with the Hermit, as does the Four of Pentacles. In addition to emotional guidance, the Hermit will offer technical/business guidance.

All in all, this was a positive reading. The querent is encouraged to go forward with plans, while availing himself of all assistance being offered.[/quote]

Holly did this reading for me, primarily before I made some crucial business decisions. 9 months and 15 days later, I got to say, the reading fitted perfectly with whatever I have been going through. On the business front I have had innumerable oppurtunities, but at the same time faced with betrayal from the very person who was supposed to back me up, and eventually led me firing him from my company. Also met with unseen betrayal from people who were supposed to be on my side. With setbacks, the fear of success for me was a deciding factor and further pulled me down. I do also have met the person, who can be considered as the Hermit in the reading above.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users