33 replies to this topic

#1 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:02 AM

As we have seen already, there are several ways to attempt communication with the deceased.  Most if not all of these methods mentioned have been for outward communication or some form of fortune telling, but waht about finding answers about our self from the self?  Has anyone considered, attempted, practiced methods to find out what our subconcious thinks of how we feel, act ad what we believe?  
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#2 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:21 AM

I've been meaning to post about using pendulums.
Has anyone used a pendulum for dowsing for ghosts or seeking yes or no answers for daily situations?
I recently became somewhat curious with a couple I have. The brass one I purchased seems happy to be used, while the quartz crystal one I made doesn't seem quite as responsive.
I've gone thru the typical yes or no questions seeking correct responses to obvious yes or no questions. While I had thought on a couple occasions, that I was having yes or no communication with my deceased dad, others were quick to add that I am only recieving these answers from my higher self.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:17 AM

I do use a dowzer, but not on a daily basis. I say it has worked pretty well, though it is a MIND PLAY. afterall, all kind of such methods depends heavily on OUR OWN mind.

AKTHRA, I AM THE ONE. I have always relied on my own mental faculties for connecting with the other side.
Posted Image

#4 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:05 AM

I've used the Ouija board for these purposes. As a matter of fact, any tool I use is to simply tap into myself, my higher self, my own powers. Sometimes though, I simply don't know what to ASK my higher self!

ana
Don't be a newt!

#5 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:32 AM

I use a pendulum :P
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#6 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:13 PM

I find tapping into my higerself helps me with alot. I also get a lot of help in my dreams.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#7 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 24 April 2004 - 12:58 PM

After reading all of the communication posts about using the divining tools to tap into the self, I decided to use tarot (the only tool I ever use) to ask myself a few questions.
It was the first time I ever got a straight answer out of my cards when I was asking about myself... apart from one bit I didn't understand- but hmmmm.  It was very good for me to centre

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#8 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:21 AM

From my teachings, tarot and meditation can further your opening to developing your psychic and intuitive practices.
I find myself wanting to become more open, and this will slow my process. Spirit will only allow you to gain what they feel you can handle at that time.
When I do my prayer work, or before meditation, I have this prayer I've made, and one of the prayers is to see spirit. I'm starting to see more now, especially in my own home. I recently saw a male with a gray/black fidora walk out of my dining room. Yesterday a shadow walked across my back living room wall, just before my friends daughter walked thru in that area. Kind of freaky. but cool none the less.

#9 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:18 AM

Honestly, as much as I adore the tarot and think it a wonderful tool to reach 'myself', I really like and recommend using the Runes for such introspection. In all the most stressed out, frazzled, and crazy crisis situations, I have turned to the Runes and was thoroughly amazed at the answers they gave, and how much it applied to my life then. I only ask it 'self' questions, leaving the more mundane questions to good old Tarot, lol, so I have no reason to believe that it's not 100% accurate as it applies to my MENTAL or spiritual status. It's been a real life saver and I just wish that I used it more often now in my life.

#10 chiqvicious

chiqvicious

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:20 PM

how do u make a pendulum?

#11 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:43 PM

You can use something as simple as a silver chain with a pendant on it. Then pendant, however, should end in a point, much like the letter V, with the point towards the ground... the weight distribution in this shape makes determining the answers much more clear.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#12 chiqvicious

chiqvicious

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:06 PM

o cool thanks. this is all so interesting hehe

#13 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:51 PM

It is interesting about the runes.  My psychic uses the runes.  When I go for a reading from her, I am supposed to choose a rune and then read its meaning from a book.  I honestly don't pay much attention to it so I can't say if its accurate or not.  
petunia4998

#14 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 05:26 AM

Petunia...seriously, a lot of the times the Runes don't make sense to me, lol. At least not like the tarot does, but it's when I take the meaning INSIDE and apply it to my spiritual situation, I'm usually amazed by its accuracy. I think that the reason why many people don't use the runes is because they expect the meaning to just immediately JUMP out at them or make sense instantly. I don't get that with the runes, and at times, it can be frustrating, lol. BUT...after some time concentrating, really delving into my heart and mind, I can usually see the big picture and it's literally blows my mind away. I use the stones tho, but have wanted for some time to get the Rune Cards...just to see what happens, lol. But honestly, it's worth the while IMO to learn them and add them to one's bag of tools, lol.

#15 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 08:20 AM

Wait a minute... lol.... you go to a psychic yet don't pay any attention to it? And, he/she makes you read the interpretation of the rune out of the book yourself??? Do you PAY this person? lol

Ana
Don't be a newt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users