33 replies to this topic

#16 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:22 AM

It seems to me that the stones don't do much, it's just something for you to focus on when you look into yourself, and a comfort to put it all onto something physical and present and constant and the transience of emotion.
I've always been wary of runes for some reason, it could be because it always seemed like a lot of money for not very much.  

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#17 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:45 PM

No Ana, I might not have written the procedure correctly, but the reading is not just about the runes.  That's done just at the very beginning of the reading.  That's the part I don't pay much attention to and yes, I read about the rune's meaning in a book.  Yes, I pay her.  Is there something else about me readings you'd like to scoff at?  Please let me know because I might very well be doing it all wrong.   I just didn't know there was a proper way to do readings.  How many good psychics have you been to?  She said that her teachers told her to do the runes; she doesn't question them and neither do I.  I am probably missing out, but I understand that that's my problem.
petunia4998

#18 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:56 PM

Ok, Ok... I think what may be a good suggestion for ya then, would be to take some mental notes or to ask questions next time you have a reading done.  I don't think she was scoffing you as bad as you may think... I think you just want to protect yourself by looking into the use of the runes in your personal application a bit further.  Your reader should be open to the questions. If not, then I think you may want to reconsider using them as a reader.  It may give Ana and everyone else a better idea what what you are trying ton convey if you make a mental note of the procedure involved and post about it.  I think it will be much clearer then to everyone.  Just looking to help :)
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#19 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:33 PM

I wasn't scoffing at YOU, and I apologize if it appears that way. I just don't trust readers that would have their clients do the reading and interpreting themselves, that's all. I just found it highly odd that your reader has you read your own interpretation, although she/he might have some spiritual reason for doing so that I'm not familiar with. To me, that just sounds too much like doing my own reading to bother paying someone else for. I go to a reader and I don't really like the idea of doing any work to get the reading done. That's why I'm paying them, basically. It's all about what floats your boat, however. Again, I meant no disrespect ... I just don't consider it professional.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#20 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:05 PM

Of course ana, no offense taken, but this is the procedure, and I've done it for 25 years with the same person so I forget that not eveyone knows what I'm talking about.  When I get the reading I pay her for, I first select a rune and then read the meaning of that rune in a book.  After that's over, I ask my questions.  And it's not about the rune at all.  She taps into my aura, my spirit, all those things. My dead relatives are usually there too and they have things they want to tell me, through her.  I cannot communicate with those spirits.  I talk to them, but I cannot hear what they're saying to me.  On the other hand, I hold conversations with my spirit teachers all the time.  That I can do, but I can't talk to my dead father.  And I know that she can because early one morning, she called me, very agitated, because my father had come to her to have her tell me something.  And she kept asking me: who is Julie?  And I told her that it was me and that was the name my father knows me by, but she has always known me by the name of Jewel.  That's how I knew she had been talking to my father.  But she's very old now and I don't want her to drive so I ferry her around.  We're good friends, too.  I don't get readings anymore but I just call her when I have a question or she will call me when she has something to tell me.  As a Christmas gift, she gave me some prophecy.  So we have a really deep relationship, friends, mentor, I know`in several lives we were related, so we go way back.  I am blessed to have her with me again.  
petunia4998

#21 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:00 AM

I understand. Thanks for clarifying the procedure. I take it for granted that most psychics today are scam artists and tend to focus on the winning lotto numbers instead of anything remotely spiritual. Good to know you found someone you feel is trustworthy.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#22 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:01 AM

:)
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#23 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 10:39 AM

Petunia, that's very cool that you have someone who've you've known for so long being there for you as both a reader and a friend. I wish I had someone like that too...and did, but she died three years ago. I still miss her, and we used to have dinner and then do readings back and forth for each other, lol. But now, it's just me and ana..sigh..altho she does the readings more for me and I for her...altho I'm certainly doing my part by telling her bad things about her chart! ;D

#24 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:40 PM

Shellas, I know exactly what you mean.  So many out there are scammers and posers.  I understand how fortunate I am.  I am sorry for the loss of your friend.
petunia4998

#25 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:53 PM

Thank you. And yeah, I learned a GREAT deal from her...she was a true mentor to me and I thank her for being so kind and generous with me about her knowledge. It's strange, but I think it must have been a past life thing between us, lol. How else can you explain the fact that a 20 year old gurl and a 75 year old woman can get along so well and learn from each other? lol I hope that in the future, I'll be able to meet someone like her again, or even better, continue in the tradition and be a mentor to someone else! :)

#26 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 11:51 AM

Oh Shellas, it sounds like passing on the knowledge is exactly what you're supposed to do.  There's no reason for the knowledge to be contained.  It is meant to be shared.  This is a good place to start doing it.
petunia4998

#27 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:03 PM

Petunia, I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you. I've always felt that as wonderful as it is to be a student and learn all you can, the only way to complete a cycle is to become, in the end, a teacher yourself. That way, you will continue the neverending wheel of knowledge. And so far, in the village, I've been priviledged enough to share and be given a glimpse into other's experiences...which is why I continue to enjoy coming here so much! ;D

#28 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:21 AM

But don't you also think that tapping into oneself throws open unlimited oppurtunities for the Spiritual Growth than leaning on someone else's?
Posted Image

#29 Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 02:10 PM

I don't know anything about the Rune stones. I hope someone would post a new thread about Runes and how to use them etc. Any of the ladies here?  
"I am BAD_WORD confident anyone who stands up and calls out to The Hell positively is in for a huge change in life."

#30 armyangel

armyangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:48 PM

MoonLover here is a link on Rune stones. It has the history and the like I hope this link helps. :D

Runes, Alphabet of Mystery:

http://www.sunnyway....unes/index.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users