• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:16 AM

My dad died the same year my son was born (a few months apart). I lived in Florida at the time, and my dad lived in New Jersey.  I flew up north just prior to his death so he could see his first grandson. They spent a short time together in dad's hospital room. I've always told Jason stories about his grandfather since then, so he would have an idea of his heritage.

This is Jason's first experience of astral travel with my father:
Jason's girlfriend said that right before he appeared to begin this "dream", she heard someone knocking on the window and the door. She actually got up and went to check out the noise, but found nothing. When she returned, Jason was speaking aloud, but so quickly that she couldn't understand him.
He told me that his grandfather came to "get him". He asked Jason to come with him and they travelled to a place totally unfamiliar to Jason. When Jason described the location to me, I recognized it immediately as the dining room of a home I lived in as a child. We moved alot back then and this was my dad's favorite house. I recognized Jason's description of the china cabinet, the wall hangings, the chairs and the layout of the room.
He said he had his hand resting on the table, and my dad reached out to lay his hand over Jason's. Jason said he could feel warmth. He also noticed the ring my dad was wearing. He said it was a very large ring with a deep blue stone. Jason couldn't have known, but this would be the ring my dad had worn since his college days at Georgetown.
Jason, in his dream, was wearing a Fubu brand shirt. This confused my dad, who was asking what a "Fubu" shirt is. He was unfamiliar with the name and the conversation was so detailed that Jason remembers this.
He told Jason that he wanted him to get his medals back, that they were in the wrong place. He also said that he wanted his gun to be in our possession.

(I'm sure this goes back to his military days, but I was unaware of any medals. I pulled out family pictures and papers. Sure enough, he was awarded 6 medals, none of which I have ever seen. I do know that when medals are awarded while the soldier is in combat, they are held until his discharge so as not to be lost, or be stolen by the enemy. I'm wondering now if he ever received them at all, so it looks as though I have some research to do with the U.S. Army. As far as the gun is concerned, I'm not too sure if I can do anything about that. Actually, that may not even have anything to do with the military. My dad was a sheriff until he was shot, and ultimately resigned from the force. This could be the gun he wants back.)

One funny thing...Jason asked where his grandmother was and why she hadn't come along to visit. My dad told him that she was "busy rght now with other things"....And I can just see that happening!
He told Jason how proud he was that he was in school...even told him not to worry about selecting a major yet, something that has been stressing Jason for a few months.

All in all, Jason and I feel real good about this..the 'realness' of the conversation made Jason know that his grandfather is with him always.

Jason has since had other experiences with my father, and also with a shaman. Since my son has no knowledge of shamans and their practices, it was amazing to me when he awoke and knew the symbolism of stones, colors, etc..

Oh, and Jason has said that whle he is in the state of astral travel, all of his senses are heightened - There is a great clarity to everything - "Crystal clear" is how he described it.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:51 AM

some things are...... you never can find explanations! intresting Holly!
Posted Image

#3 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:00 AM

Wow! What a fantastic experience!!

#4 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for sharing!
Very neat!

little light
"You only get 1 shot!"

#5 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:51 AM

My God, you must have been in shock  :o

Thanks for sharing that,keep us in touch if he has any more encounters  ;D

#6 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:05 PM

Wonderful story.  Please tell us more.
petunia4998

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:03 PM

Hey guys.... I had my first consiuous Out of Body experience last night! Posted Image Am so excited about this. I never went far though. First I thought it was another sleep paralysis that was going on...... but then before I knew, I was out of my body, and could see around the room! Just for a while, say 5-10 mins or so, I was walking around the room. But something kept me telling not leave far from where my body lay, dunno, and decided to get back in! But it was such a peaceful feeling, ya know!

Thanks Lamuris and DeadZone Posted Image for the little teachings you have given me on this subject!
Posted Image

#8 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:43 PM

Moon,

That is really amazing. How long have you been trying to get to that point? I would like to learn more about this.
Keep us posted on future travels you may have.

:) Ky

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:37 AM

Moon,

That is really amazing. How long have you been trying to get to that point?

Infact for quite a long, but wasn't quite clear in what I was doing. Yesterday's experience itself was not a planned one - except for the fact that it happened and I was aware. :) It might have happened because of my intense desire and nothing more. First I thought it was another sleep paralysis happenning, but then I saw thigns in a different perceptive. I mean, all around was a white-electric blue light and all things were "kinda glowing". I usually keep a chair by my right side of the bed to keep my mobile phone - and also for my cat to sleep on if she may need. I saw my physical right hand resting on the bed, but also saw the astral right hand standing out. I tried to catch hold of the arms of the chair, and I could. It was when I actually realized that I was having an out of body experience. I got up and "stumbled" around. ;) And for a while I actually layed on my back on the floor, and was enjoying the entire situation. But something deep down told me to "get back" and I started to get back in. Boy! after that, I wanted to log in straight away and post the experience, but it was such a peaceful feeling I was having that I wanted to enjoy howmuchever it lasted ;)

This is exactly how I too felt.

...... start feeling the tingles all over your body . once you get to that stage, you start to feel lost and kinda scared because you start to step into the astral plain,......

10 days back, DeadZone told me a simple meditation/visualization technique, that I was on for quite some time. And also in this thread - http://www.ghostvill...indpost&p=27612 - Lamuris has explained how to achieve Astral Travel. Though I never tried it out seriously, now that I know I too can Astral! :D

It is not yet an Astral Travel as Holly's son has had, but perhaps I too can.... soon.
Posted Image

#10 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:48 AM

Moon, how wonderful for you!! This is only the beginning, I bet...As you become more comfortable with it, maybe you'll be met by those who have passed on and see things you've never experenced before. Are you keeping a journal about this?

Jason has had several experiences with my father, and one interesting aspect of each of them is that he is completely exhausted the following morning. Sometimes his joints ache, and generally he has a headache as well. Still, he remembers each and every detail distinctly and always looks forward to the next time.

These journeys are not something he sought. My dad just comes to get him as though they were going out to spend the day together - the most normal thing in the world.

This is an intersting little sidenote: Jason and I live about 1500 miles apart. In spite of that, we're exceptionally close and speak on the phone often.  When Jason was very young, my mother bought him a toy black car -It is cast iron and is a replica of a London taxi. So, I guess not so much of a toy, but rather, something to be displayed on a shelf. It's a hefty item, about 5 inches long and 2 inches wide. It was the last thing my mom bought for Jason before she passed, and he still has it - on the shelf above his bed.

The other morning, I woke up with my arm outstretched, and I knew I was reaching out because this car was being handed to me...Even though,of course, that was impossible.
I could actually feel the weight of the car in my hand and I knew that's what it was. This was at 6:08 a.m., my time.

That afternoon, my son called - He said he had an  experience - While he slept, he had obviously reached up onto his shelf, taken the car down, and was reaching out with it to hand it to me. He was trying to tell me that my mother had been with him in a dream, not travel. When he awoke, the car was in his hand. I asked him what time this had happened -According to his journal is was 8:08 a.m. - his time.

I actually felt as though the car had almost passed between our hands..I could feel the weight of it, the tires, the doors that open. If I hadn't woken up at that moment, I have to wonder how far the whole experience might have gone.

Posted Image

#11 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 05:36 PM

Bumping this up because I have a couple PM's from members who can't locate it...

Posted Image

#12 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 22 August 2004 - 07:25 PM

Moon:

Glad I was able to help you achieve this, was my pleasure, I teach this locally, and have for the last 5 years, so, its always amazing when I hear the excitement in someones voice when they have overcome fears, associated with this ...Good Job Mate....:)
Posted Image

#13 happeekat

happeekat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:06 PM

:rolleyes: Wow, what wonderful experiences! We should all be so lucky.
Happeekat

#14 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:31 PM

I know the tingly feeling but don't get very far, the first time I tried I heard a male voice say my name right in my ear and I freaked, too bad because I think I know how it was
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:09 PM

the tingy feeling can get a bit scary as Frenchy mentioned earlier, but once you realize what is happenning, it can be quite an experience - unlike Old Hag Syndrome.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users