12 replies to this topic

#1 soul_drifter

soul_drifter

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Many many things =D

Posted 10 August 2004 - 05:30 PM

Me n a bud are goin to try Ouija for the first time this Friday (hopefully) Its gonna be hand made (cuz we both know our rents won't buy us one..and I can't drive...yet.) so I was wondering what your stories of the Ouija are, and what advice you could give. I know don't try it in cemetaries (which would be real stupid if you did try that) and not to trust what they say..mostly. I also know there is a SLIGHT chance for possession, and you are in control in the beginning. I have already warned my friend about that, she still wants to do it,lol. Again, your stories and advice would be greatly appreciated!
"Ignorance, the stem and root of all evil" ~PlatoWe have eyes, but do we see?

#2 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 06:42 AM

Soul,

I put no belief in Ouija at all because they are too susceptible to human reaction.  I don't think it takes a board and a planchette to cause someone to come to you. I guess I've heard too many stories about hysteria caused by people inciting their friends during the use of a board. :-/

However, many people do use them, and they say there are many "dos and don'ts" associated with their use. Use the search engine provided here at gv to find some really good threads about Ouija Boards.

And if you'd ever like to try your hand at communication in any other way, let me know -
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#3 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 11 August 2004 - 04:57 PM

I also know there is a SLIGHT chance for possession,

A slight chance for possession?  You are actively inviting any passing spirit into your body.  How do you think the planchette moves?

Would you leave the door to your house open so anyone passing by can get in?  That's what you would be doing with your body.  You should talk to your parents before attempting something like this.  [smiley=cwm1.gif]
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#4 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:06 PM

I don't recommend trying it...I've posted guidelines before...and I finally found them...and posted them...but the post is gone...so tell me if you want them and I'll post them again...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#5 soul_drifter

soul_drifter

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:37 PM

yea, that would be real helpful Daewen, thanks

#6 Daewen

Daewen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 13 August 2004 - 04:33 PM

I'll post them soon...

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#7 dark_devil

dark_devil

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Location:x0|edmonton|Canada||0|0|AB,Albertax0|edmonton|Canada||0|0|AB,Alberta

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:47 PM

my freind makes them a lots i kinda wanna try it!!!!1

#8 Daewen

Daewen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 04:38 PM

here you go...

Guidelines for a Ouija Board

-Never use a ouija board during a thunderstorm. This is a time when the spirit world is strong and you are unprotected.
-Never use one when you are drunk or sick because your body is weak and therefore easier to possess.
-Never use a ouija board alone.
-When you are using a ouija board, sit cross legged with your knees touching. Do not disconnect your knees or else you might release the spirit. donít use a table.
-If your are making a ouija board, put the letters and numbers in 2 clockwise circles.  This makes it easier to contain the spirit.
-When you have contacted a spirit always be polite. Never be rude to  a spirit.
-If the planchette moves to the four corners of the board, then it is evil. If it stays in the middle, it is good. (Not sure if this is necessarily true, but be aware)
-If you contact an evil spirit, end the session immediately by moving the planchette to goodbye or spelling it out. If the spirit wonít let you, close the board and get rid of it.  Never let the planchette go counterclockwise through the alphabet or numbers.
-Never ask any spirit about the following things: God, the devil, angels, Atlantis, or the afterlife. Also, never ask it to prove that it exists.
-Donít ask a spirit to do a deed for you. It will most likely be done wrong. If a spirit asks you to do something for it, you donít have to do it. Make sure you are polite in telling it no.
-Donít ask stupid questions like, ďwhen will I die?Ē Always remember that a spirit can lie.
-To get rid of a ouija board with an evil spirit, chop or tear it to pieces, sprinkle holy water over it, and bury it. Never throw it in the fire. The board will scream and whoever threw it in the fire will die within 36 hours. ( not sure if the 36 hours thing is true, but the board WILL scream)

once again, I don't recommend using them at all, but if you are going to, it's best to know what you're doing...

#9 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:05 PM

A couple other standard precautions are white candles or a circle of salt (preferably sea salt).

I've heard of using two rings of salt - one around the board and the other arround the participants.  Only your hands and forearms should enter the inner circle.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#10 soul_drifter

soul_drifter

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for the Guidelines guys! I'll make sure to bookmark and tell my friend

#11 the_dude

the_dude

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:49 AM

I've heard that you have to say a blessing after you use one. I've used one a few times, very interesting, my friends contacted my grandmother while I watched! That was pretty amazing!

#12 Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 02:41 PM

Daewen's already taken the lead in posting tips. Here's more tips on using the Ouija board, from a different source:

---Make your surroundings comfortable and seemingly free of negative energies.
---Prepare paper and pencil or a tape recorder to record messages. You can use a camcorder if one is available. Using an infrared camcorder in a dim room is a great way to see the energies of spirit.
---Be sure your board is clean and free of dust. Wipe gently with a clean soft cloth before you begin.
---You do not have to use but is recomended to use 'spooky lighting' or candles.
---It is best not to play distracting music.
---As spirits love flowers - you might want to place some in a vase of water near the area in which you are working.
---Spirits also love water - as they are part of the collective unconscious which is the flow of water.
---Some people like to say a prayer over the board - or do some other ritual.
---Use a protective white light of energy to surround yourself, the board, those you are working with, and even the room. This white light is created by you in your mind. See it coming down into the top of your head (your crown chakra) and completely surrounding your body - then extend it outwards as far as you would like it to go.
---Decide if you want to place the board on a table, upon the knees of two persons, or where it is most confortable for you to connect.
---You can work alone or in a group. If you work with others be sure they are not negative in their thinking.
---Determine who wants to use the board - and who wants to just observe.
---It is best if someone makes notes about the letters and words given.
---Decide which person will ask the first question - and if there is to be an order to follow for asking questions.
---If everyone wants a turn at the board - it is best to go clockwise around the board with each person taking their turn.
---The time for each turn will vary with the spirit you answering.
---People may be contacted by more than one spirit. Soemtimes the spirits agrue over who is to come through.
---Though spiritual energy enters through the left side of your body - most people will use their dominate hand to work the board - which in most cases is the right hand.
---If you have telekinetic abilities and feel you can move the indicator with your mind, then it is best not to use the board as you are guiding the answers.
---You may also discover - as you work with the board - that you can subconsciously control the movement of the indicator (same as using a pendulum). If you are not sure - close your eyes and allow the indicator to go where it will.
---Some spirits move across the board quickly - while others go very slow!
---One of the first questions you might want to ask when you begin to work with your ouija board - is the names of your spirit guides. They are the ones who are here to protect and guide you. Everyone has at least one spirit guide. To find out more about connecting with them - Click here.
---You can start by asking for a message from spirit - or by asking spirit a question - such as, ""What is your name?"
---Always start with general questions. Save the personal questions for later when you are all comfortable with what you are doing!
---Stick to subjects with positive energy to begin.
---Don't ask your personal questions until you are comfortable with the spirit you are talking to.
---Once an answer is given you can ask for more information.
---It is generally best to start with simple 'Yes' or 'No' questions.
---Do not continue to ask the question over and over to seek the answer you want. Ask the question once and accept the answers given. You CAN ask for clarification of the answer.
---Ask simple questions that can be verified in the next few days to determine if your information is from spirit or form your unconscious mind.
---Questions can be about you personally - or universal or about any topic you think the spirit would like to converse about.
---You may get thought forms and mental images as you talk to the spirit - such as an image of the spirit.
---When a new entity comes through - always get its name - who they came to talk to - and what they want go discuss. A word may come through with all of the letters but in the wrong order. That is why it is best to have someone not using the board - wiritng the letters as they come through. A name may come through as ICMAHEL - meaning MICHAEL. Remember that not all spirits speak in your language. Some spirits have trouble spelling words or creating sentences.
---You might get a 'trapped spirit' that seeks help going 'to the light. If this a matter of you releasing this spirit because you have an emotional link to it - you must 'set the spirit free' and forgive whatever it wish you to forgive it from the time you knew it in the third dimension. Many spirits are trapped here and will 'guide' you to a ouija board to tell you to release them.
---If you do not know the spirit who wish to be released - then send it away and say you are not qualified to help them.
---If spirits ask you to do weird things - stop using the board for that session. Anything negative being written on the board means you must put the board away for that session whether you want to or not. The entity should leave by your next session - which can be that day or some time later.
---You do not have to work with the same group of friends each time you use the board.
---Do not ask spirits to bring you things you want but would not otherwise have. All spirit have their boundaries. You must find out the limitations of the spirit you are talking to.
---Never ask spirits to do harm to others.
---Never use the board to control others.
---Do not let others use your board when you are not using it.
---Keep the board in a special place of your choosing.
---Do not get addicted to the board.
---Using a ouija board is not a 'medium' for everyone. Some people get it immediately others never do. This seems to have no bearing on whether one is psychic or not. Many psychics can't work a Ouija Board.
---With experience you can learn to channel your deceased loved ones and entities from other realms.
---Some days the board may work for you. Others days you may get no responses.
"I am BAD_WORD confident anyone who stands up and calls out to The Hell positively is in for a huge change in life."

#13 Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 02:56 PM

If you are Christian, I can post a blessing ritual (meant for protection) that especially suits a Christian. But the point is, if you are a God believer, whoever be your God, just say a sincere prayer asking for protection from harm.

I always cast a circle of protection around me. That just makes me feel a bit secure and also makes me feel that the area I am sitting in is now ready for spiritual/occult activity.

(I don't understand about the point about knees touching and not touching :P I always sit however I feel comfortable and that's it.)

I also have asked the spirit about "banned" things like the devil, Atlantis, and even stuff like crop circles etc... you name it, I asked about it. I don't believe in *all* of those guidelines because no one has has the real authority to dictate the DOs and DONTs of an Ouija. How much do we know about Spirits anyway? And why not use it in a cemetary? Spirits will come if you open the door for them using the Ouija board. Doesn't matter if you do it hiding under your bed or in a cemetary. Just don't be foolish by inviting what YOU don't want to face.

Spirits also tend to lie, they're aren't angels or demons always. Almost all the ones that come through belong to dead human beings, and they carry their personality traits into the spirit world. They can be moody, mean, sensitive, and yes, they can be ignorant. They don't know "EVERYTHING". Trust a spirit as much as you would trust a stranger.

A spirit can also pretend to be your deceased relative, just to gain your trust. Don't believe a spirit if it says it's your grandmother, just because it says so. Check out a few things known only to you, or your family and see if it can answer them right.

You're never safe. But if you want to use it, by all means go ahead. Just try to be on the safer side.

When I was a newbie myself, some really wise people out here helped me on the internet and at GV.
You are probably a youngster and a newbie, so I'll recommend you be careful in the beginning and stick to the rules at least until you are wise and confident enough to research on your own terms.

::)
"I am BAD_WORD confident anyone who stands up and calls out to The Hell positively is in for a huge change in life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users