• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Whitebuffalo

Whitebuffalo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:31 PM

It is MY understanding that a Spirit Walker is one who takes on the body of another living form.
For simplicity sake: A soul that walks the earth, and inhabits the skin of a living being. There are many, many tales of this happening, but to get one of The People to tell you of their personal experiences with dealing with one would be virtually impossible. Unless you share The Blood.
Basically it is an energy that needs another body to show, and express itself. The fog that you refer to, simman, I believe to be your spirit. You may, if you are a TRUE Spirit Walker, speak to the others, share with the others and BE with the others. You MAY NOT see, talk to, be with a PERSON unless you are IN the skin of a PERSON. And likewise for the animal population.
A person who looks into the eyes of a Spirit Walker will be overcome by them. So The People avoid those who have eyes that seem as if they belong to an animal. (The shinning as a light hits them? Yeah, do not look into THEM) When a Spirit Walker chooses it's next "home", it resembles a poltergeist. Only in the noise making capacity.
This was not intended to be used as evil. It was SUPPOSED to be used to help in battle, to confuse the foe by BEING familiar, thus gaining trust. But The People abused the power, and it became something to fear. It is much as that of a possession from a demon, I suppose, though I have a personal problem in understanding them.
Most generally, though, a Spirit Walker takes the form of an animal. And not that of a human.
The problem, from MY view point is this: If you are TRULY a Spirit Walker, than you are not human. You are an energy that is traveling the earth in search of the next "victim". I think you would know if you were a Spirit Walker.

#17 Spirit Walker

Spirit Walker

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:way too many to list but just to name a few... i am a mother and wife as well as an artist and crafts woman of many mediums, singer/song writer/learning guitar hobby musician, writer, poet, tool-belt-diva and so much more. As for spiritually, i am a free-spirit with no set religion but i do lean more towards native american and buddhist teachings. I am clairvoyant and i see or dream things often before they happen... i am also a "spirit walker" as i have been communicating with spirits since i was a kid and have had out of body experiences, lucid dreaming, shape-shift dreaming etc. You can read my blogs for more info on some of my experiences. Like i said, just too much stuff to list here, i will update this with more detail later or maybe just post a more detailed "about me" blog :)

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:32 AM

[this description sounds familiar but not as a spirit walker, it sounds like another term i have heard... skinwalkers. a non-human spirit that can steal a mans "skin". as far as taking the shape of animals i have done this but only in dreams and i am always the owl. the story about being called a spirit walker for me is a bit long but nothing evil about it.

i have seen spirits most of my life, but as a child i mostly just SAW them and never interacted with them. Then, as an adult, a spirit came to me as guide or teacher. i would see him in waking and hear him sometimes and then in my dreams he was much more clear. He always called me Spirit walker, like it was my name. He told me alot of things, but one thing in particular that was tangible evidence. he showed me an eye symbol that was very unique. i started to draw this eye symbol and use it in my art work as i felt inspired to do. My brother inlaw saw it but he just laughed it off and said what a strange way to draw the eye... well about a month or so later he shows up on my doorstep looking stunned. He lifted his hand out to me and said "i think this belongs to you". When he opened his hand it was the eye. In his walks along the bay shore near my house he had found many spear heads and arrow heads in his time, but today he had found a pot shard with the exact eye on it that i had been drawing. and when i held it, i knew it was indeed mine and had been before. anyways, i could tell you some amazing stories, but none of which are evil. all are stories involving amazing animal and spiritual encounters, no posessions.

so is that maybe what you meant ? the skin walkers ?

#18 Whitebuffalo

Whitebuffalo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:14 PM

I am sorry if I misrepresented my thoughts. Sometimes my brain runs in high gear and my fingertips are stuck in first.
I did not mean to imply that they were intrinsically evil. I do not think that so. Just as in everything else, there is a good and a bad side. I meant to say that The People seem to lean towards the idea that to meet with one presently should be met with fear.
In comparing one with a poltergeist, I meant to project the idea of knocking on walls, shaking of doors, banging on floors. Just noises with the sole intent, to herald it's arrival.
When I say "find it's new " 'home ' ", and refer to it's host as a " 'victim' ", what I meant to relay was that the host most generally (aside from that first meeting) does not know fully what is going on. The body is used for whatever purposes and then returned. Unfortunately for some, it was too late to return the body before another suitable replacement host was found.
Th reference to a demon possession was just in the linking it to something that most people seem to picture a possession as. I meant it as nothing else save a picture phrase.

I believe that when in giving the name, oft times it is given as a shortened version of something. Like a nickname for lack of a better term. Walks Among the Spirits, or something of that effect, could be shortened to Spirit Walker. To be able to walk among spirits is a good thing and highly valued.

I could be wrong. And in that, all that I can say is that I am only human. :ghost: If I am, I humbly stand corrected. It is, after all, only MY understanding. We are all here to learn- at this Spiritual place, I mean, and as I am alive, I am still learning.

#19 Spirit Walker

Spirit Walker

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:way too many to list but just to name a few... i am a mother and wife as well as an artist and crafts woman of many mediums, singer/song writer/learning guitar hobby musician, writer, poet, tool-belt-diva and so much more. As for spiritually, i am a free-spirit with no set religion but i do lean more towards native american and buddhist teachings. I am clairvoyant and i see or dream things often before they happen... i am also a "spirit walker" as i have been communicating with spirits since i was a kid and have had out of body experiences, lucid dreaming, shape-shift dreaming etc. You can read my blogs for more info on some of my experiences. Like i said, just too much stuff to list here, i will update this with more detail later or maybe just post a more detailed "about me" blog :)

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

i see what you mean and i understand the use of common terms to relate the subject to. i didn't mean for you to feel "wrong" :) so sorry if i came off that way. i more meant to just give my opinion and ask if the term skinwalker was what you meant instead. i don't know any of this as factual any more than you do, just what i feel very strongly as an intuition and from my own experiences. As far as common term comparrison, i think spirit walkers are more comparible to the title ghost whisperers... but on a subject like this, truly , we both could be right. Spirit walkers, in some paths may be a term for what you were describing, while in another path it means one who communicates with and can have out of body experiences etc. it can mean many things i suppose to different cultures and different people and so no one is wrong... although i do think that for this particular post she is referring to the "ghost whisperer" and out of body experience type person... going on how they described themself. again, i am so sorry if i came off the wrong way :( :hug:

#20 Whitebuffalo

Whitebuffalo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Well, I believe there is a difference between a Spirit Walker and a Ghost Whisperer.
The MAIN reason is that it is a seperate realm in which Spirits and Ghosts reside. Spirits mainly live on the Other Side, but come back occassionally for visits. Ghosts are STUCK here, for unknown reasons. It takes a higher form of Spirituallity to talk to a Spirit, or a higher goal is to be achieved.
Just MY thoughts. We could ALL be wrong, for all we really know. This is in the field of the Unknown, there are jsut too many things that are still hiden from us for us to know all of it. :hug:
Skin Walkers are very similar to Spirit Walkers.

#21 Spirit Walker

Spirit Walker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:00 PM

ya i guess ghost whisperer would be a wrong comparison now that i think of it... in that case i have no idea what to compare it to lol ya a spirit walker is not limited to just communing with earth bound spirits you are very right. the spirits i have experienced have been many visiting from the other side as well as a few earth bound. i have seen the show ghost whisperer and what she does is only a small fraction of what a spirit walker experiences.

Well, I believe there is a difference between a Spirit Walker and a Ghost Whisperer.
The MAIN reason is that it is a seperate realm in which Spirits and Ghosts reside. Spirits mainly live on the Other Side, but come back occassionally for visits. Ghosts are STUCK here, for unknown reasons. It takes a higher form of Spirituallity to talk to a Spirit, or a higher goal is to be achieved.
Just MY thoughts. We could ALL be wrong, for all we really know. This is in the field of the Unknown, there are jsut too many things that are still hiden from us for us to know all of it. ;)
Skin Walkers are very similar to Spirit Walkers.

#22 Whitebuffalo

Whitebuffalo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

Oh yeah, television makes this all seem so glamorous, and cut and dry. It also makes it look like there are majical sparkles of light and zaps of energy that sometimes flow before the actual sighting of a Being that is either a Ghost or a Spirit.
The most important thing to remember, though reading through my last posts, I seemed to have omitted the fact (sorry about that) is that as a Spirit Walker, the body is shared by the two Spirits. The intent is not to completely overcome the person, merely to use the body as a less energy using form of transportation. Often times once the task is done that it wishes to accomplish the person "wakes up" wondering what the heck just happened.
I guess a good comparison would be that of Whoopi Goldberg's character in the movie "Ghost". Ghosts/Spirits sometimes "jump in" their body to relay a message to a loved one. When the message is relayed, the session is over, and they return to the place they were when the contact originated. But, on the same thread there, sometimes the Spirit has the body DO things which it would not have done, should they had been themselves.

#23 Spirit Walker

Spirit Walker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

i found some info on the spiritwalker subject;

i DID see your definition in my searching, where spiritwalkers were listed along with windigos and werewolves etc and described just as you said. but then i also found these that fit my idea of a spiritwalker as well.

"A SpiritWalker is person that can easily walk through the veil between the physical and Spiritual realms" it went on to further describe this as a person who is much comparible to a medicine person because their abilities were more than just spirit sight, but also naturals at counceling, healing, ceremonies etc. Which fits exactly my idea of this title.

see so we were both right after all ;) just a matter of which cultural definition you choose is all

Edited by Spirit Walker, 27 May 2008 - 10:50 AM.

#24 Whitebuffalo

Whitebuffalo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

i found some info on the spiritwalker subject;

"A SpiritWalker is person that can easily walk through the veil between the physical and Spiritual realms" it went on to further describe this as a person who is much comparible to a medicine person because their abilities were more than just spirit sight, but also naturals at counceling, healing, ceremonies etc. Which fits exactly my idea of this title.

see so we were both right after all :)

Interesting. Thank you for posting your findings. I have been wondering if it was one of those instances where there were several explainations. Thanks again Spirit Walker. :D

#25 Waya

Waya

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Books, Paranormal, Wildlife, Herbology, MMORPG

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:04 AM

Osiyo Oginali, ( greetings friends )

I am Native American, Tsaligi / Coeur d'Alene or in layman terms, Cherokee and Idaho Indian. The term " Spirit Walker is indeed Native American, and you have "Part" of the answer to the gentlemen's question.

The term Spirit Walker ( also Skin Walker ) refers to any man or woman who is in direct connection to his or her " spiritual guide or teachers " and cabable of conversing and travelling with them. This refers to both the human and the animal spiritual realm. It is much more than simple out of body experience but can include this as well. A native shaman can tell you more, I am not a shaman, I am a healer, but i am also a Spirit Walker. My animal guides are the Wolf, Orca and Snowy Owl, my Human guides are Asvnoyi ( night hawk)- Dalonige Tsi'sawua (Yellowbird) and Uwasv Waya ( LoneWolf).

As it was explained to me... during specific religious ceremonies and observances, the Spirit Walker can take on the essence of the Animal totem or guide, this includes a certain amount of of the anmial characteristics as well. In the case of the Wolf... the strengh, loyalty, hearing, sight ect. These enhancements only last as long as the person is in connection with his or her animal. This is so that the animal may teach the " Walker" about the power and ability of the animal realm. ( Healing, Scouting an area before battle, locating a food source, ect.. Very few persons have been able to obtain this level of " walker". It is a highly difficult path and is very controlled in all ways. There have been stories and legends of Great Shaman's who have even taken on the FORM of the animal spirit and walked in his skin for a time. Tales of Lycanthropy come from all over the world.. but in Native American Lore they are NOT to be feared, and are not killers. They are protectors of men and animals, guardians of our Mother Earth and can come in ANY animal form, wolf, panther, bird or whale are the most common forms but any form or spirit can be so. This does not mean that a 7 foot werewolf is running around in the woods behind your house ( way too much TV ! ) The form is still human, but with small "animal enhancements and abilities" such as sight, hearing, sense of smell, and the understanding of animal body language and things of that nature. There have been tales of Shamen actually taking on the form of the Wolf, Eagle, and Dolphin to aid his clan, tribe or to save lives as well. To the Native belief... the spirit is neither good or evil - it's what the person DOES with it that makes good or evil... the ACTIONS make the good or bad.. not the essence. Some of these have been mentioned in various movies.. such as Free Willie where the story is told by Randolph of Natchiklanai , who walked with the spirit of the orca and it took him home to his people.

The term Spirit Walker can refer to many many things, spiritual travel, during sleep or awake, speaking with spirits, communing with spirits both within a religious ceremony and without, using the power of the spirit to overcome adversity or obstructions in life, and much more. I hope this helps a bit with understanding. The person who told you this should have been able to tell you in words you could understand.

On a more personal note... I'd be leery of trusting someone who couldn't explain to me in words that are clear and concise. I dont think i would fully trust someone who can not tell me plain up and straight what he or she is talking about. Teachers explain and re-explain until you completely understand the lesson. They dont leave you hanging confused so to speak.

Be Well and Walk in honor
Be Well & Blessed - Walk in Honor

#26 Waya

Waya

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Books, Paranormal, Wildlife, Herbology, MMORPG

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:27 AM

Osiyo Oginali, ( greetings friends )

I am Native American, Tsaligi / Coeur d'Alene or in layman terms, Cherokee and Idaho Indian. The term " Spirit Walker is indeed Native American, and you have "Part" of the answer to the gentlemen's question........

Furthermore, the ability to take on the animal form was used by The People to AID their clan or tribe and that Walker was usually a Shaman or a Man of Power, Native Priest, or Healer. Commonly these were MALE.. but there have been cases of Females with this ability. The ability itself is NOT EVIL... its the actions that made them evil. In past cases the " walker"... did his or her walking for the GOOD of the tribe, clan or people. If the person had a dark intent and MISUSED his or her ability then yes.. they were feared and generally considered evil. True Spirit walkers look no different than your or I. Unless you actually SAW him or her take on a different form, you'd never know he or she WAS a walker. Within the society of the People, Walkers who do not abuse the gift of the spirit are respected. There is a very strict social structure and law for those gifted persons.

There are reasons WHY the People dont talk about stuff like this. Even today with "spirituality" on every corner, just how many would chuckle and snicker or poke fun? More still, how many would be yelling FREAK in fear... or how many would be yelling OH COOL.. show me how to do that! How many would never understand the true spirit of the gift and unintentionally abuse it? or even intentionally for personal gain and power?

The foggyness part can be many things, AURA, SPIRIT, ESSENCE of one self.. or of another. The light in the eyes is also a differnt subject. Have you ever taken a photo and had the whole " red eye effect".

ON that note... if i meet a manlike person or creature in a dark room and his eyes glow... THEN im chanting protection and high tailing it outta there!! Wait.. maybe not.. with my curiosity... i might stick around long enuff to make sure its real and not some kind of halloween prank or mirrored trick... poke it a few times to see if its real... if it snarls at me ..:P .. feet git outta the way n let me show ya how to RUNNNNN !!
Be Well & Blessed - Walk in Honor

#27 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

Hi Waya and welcome to Ghostvillage!

I promise, I for one, will not be snickering and laughing at stuff you chose to share. Where would shape shifting from human to animal and back again during dreams or meditation be in your tribal lore?
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#28 sweet_az_sugir

sweet_az_sugir

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

The light in the eyes is also a differnt subject. Have you ever taken a photo and had the whole " red eye effect".

who hasnt taken photos and had red eye? it happens due to colors and eye pigmentation, normally lighter color eyes produce red eye a lot more often in photos....hence why myself and all 3 of my kids (all blue eyed) turn up red-eyed in 99% of photos.
my youngest daughter (now age 2) had such strange colored 'reflections' in her pupils when she was younger that i ever took photos of her to the DR to see if something was wrong with her...her eye reflections didnt show typical red but a weird yellowish color...kinda like the reflection you get when you take a photo of a dog or cat. The DR said nothing was wrong with her and now it seems to be more normal red 'red-eye' in pics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users