Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Meditation Belts?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:44 PM

I was watching a show one night on the science channel, it had to do with the investigation of a mummy found, this mummy was a tibetan buddist found in a cave..he was in a meditative position with a "meditation belt" wrapped around himself and the part that intrigued me, other than having never heard of a meditation belt was that it was his controlled breathing and wrapping the belt around him in such a manner that led to his death, he was sacrificing himself for the good of the village...does anyone have more information about these belts?
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#2 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:04 PM

interesting...unfortunately, I don't know anything about it...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#3 soul_drifter

soul_drifter

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Many many things =D

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:37 PM

That is interesting! I'll go look it up somewhere n get back to you on that.
"Ignorance, the stem and root of all evil" ~PlatoWe have eyes, but do we see?

#4 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:03 AM

Willow,

I'm familiar with Yoga belts - They offer support for various positions during meditation.

But, since you're speaking of controlled breathing, I have a thought about that as well -

As a follower of Tao, I can say this: Many people breathe in a shallow manner, using only the top half of their lungs. This keeps them in a constant state of "fight or flight" and is not natural.

"To inhale fully is to empty ourselves, to open ourselves to the unknown. It is through a deepening awareness of the ever-changing rhythms of this primal process that we begin to awaken our inner-healing powers - the energy of wholeness." Dennis Lewis

So, I'm thinking that the man in the show you watched used his belt to attain that higher power to an extreme level. When he chose to die, perhaps he thought it fitting to use his belt to cause his demise.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:34 PM

Bless you Holly, after doing an exhausting search of the internet, I found an article about it..http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=6214

I know it takes years to achieve this level of meditation, its so fascinating
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#6 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 05:25 AM

Such an interesting story, Willow.

I'm amazed by the preservation so obvious in the picture - It may have been the surroundings, as the story indicates,but I have to wonder if his state of being doesn't have just a little to do with the way he lived.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users