• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 WolfSong

WolfSong

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:39 PM

Dowsing rods can be made using anything metal, or you can use hazel or willow - a forked piece of wood.  As well as on building sites, I've hear dof it being used at archaeological excavations.  My archaeology teacher (I study it at college) is a skeptic, but she's seen it work.

You can also use pendulums for much the same thing - it's what I use for communication with spirits and plan to use it experimentally on a ghost hunt this summer.

Amber

#17 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:03 PM

thepopular theory is that there is an electro-magnetic field surrounding everything. the dowsing tool acts like an antenna picking-up the sensitive fields otherwise unfelt by people. the dowsing tool will move or twitch when the elctro-magnetic fields of new objects cross under them. Dowsing tools have also been said to be part of a person's untapped psychic ability.

#18 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:varied too many to list

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:46 PM

My Grandfather used to find water for local people when the drillers had trouble locating likely locations. When I was small I saw him do it a few times. He used either willow or apple wood I think.

#19 RainGoddess

RainGoddess

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:34 PM

I've been able to find water before.  Instead of metal rods though, I used a Y-shaped branch from a tree nearby.  It was quite amazing how quickly it started turning towards the ground!  I've gotten my hubby to try it, but he had no luck... seems to work VERY well for me... I remember the sticks breaking in my hand it was pulling so hard!! :o

#20 blueivvy

blueivvy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:29 PM

WOW, kewl beans, ninebeans! ;D That's a very interesting story, and altho I've never used drowsing rods, I've always been curious about them..but I have problems holding chopsticks sometimes (lmao), so havent't tried it yet.

LOL, I can't hold chopsticks either.  I use dosing rods, but I modified them.  I took a straw, cut it in half, and made sleeves for the part of the rod you hold.  That way they can swing freely without my having a tight grip, yet I can hold onto them without dropping them.  I've had pretty good results.

#21 Schoolhouse1864

Schoolhouse1864

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:allittle bit of everything!

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:55 PM

I use mine regularly.  I have pretty good luck.  I've never used it for water though, I would have no way to prove that there was water.  Now when I do use them for an investigation I do find an area that is calming for the rods as to not have water agervate the rods.  They work well to find a spirit and asking questions.
Alas- LMackey

#22 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:59 PM

thats cool Schoolhouse, I don't know anyone that doe's that with good luck,though i'm sure theres lots off them that do

#23 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:51 PM

I took pics while useing mine I haven't finished the roll up yet but as soo as I get them developed I will put them on spiritography if there are any positives and when I figure out how to use my new scanner. we can get the pic on the screen but when we try to put it on the album it won't take it.so as soon as I get it figured out I have a bunch of pics I want to get eveyone's opinion on.

#24 mycall

mycall

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal,cooking,nature,

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:19 AM

There is another version of the dowsing rod it was developed in russia back in the 70s if I remember right I have the plans but never made one. basicly it is a U shape but the top of the u is turned out. that is the handles They are supposedly stronger then the L shape. Dowsing rods have been used for so many things. they have even been used from helecopters in search of drowning victims.. They are used to locate precious metals. I here if you get to know your rod you can even tell if your marking gold,silver and ect. I have used it many times to find tree roots also. they are definetly usefull I have not however heard of useing them for talking to the other side.. That sounds interesting. can any one tell me exactly what you do,and where?  
oh give me strength,or another case of scotch!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users