• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:28 AM

The concept usually involves using two L-shaped metal rods, the user holds one in each hand. Originally dowsers were able to find underground water sources using these rods. Some people also believe you can conduct spirit communication with these rods (thus the "divining" part of the name). For example, the rods may cross for "Yes," and spread apart for "No," when the user asks questions of the spirits. Has any had any experience in using dowsing rods for either finding water or spirit communication?
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:22 AM

oooh  look at Moon with no shirt on ( Whew hoo) ^Whistle^ lol
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:36 AM

lol. I was giving medicines and milk to my cat. was afraid she would make a mess of my t-shirt :) She spits out the tonic :( but she is feeling better
Posted Image

#4 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:28 AM

lol. Hunny, I was thinking the same thing! Half naked men with dowsing rods. Now really... what's sexier than that? Other than fully naked men with dowsing rods?
Don't be a newt!

#5 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:39 AM

You know, I *could* make a really crude remark about men and their 'dowsing rods', but I think I'd best just refrain...:)
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:49 AM

I have never used it for spirit communication as such. But I have got resonable results for what I was asking.  It really works for the questions we ask for. I believe the higher energies are channelised through our own mind to get the YES/NO scenario of the Dowsing Rods.

:)
Posted Image

#7 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

Did you make yours, or buy them? If you're going to make them, are there special metals you should use for the rods themselves? Does wood work? Any specific kind of wood? Curious. Thanks.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:53 PM

mine, I purchased and it is made of BRASS. Am not sure if we can make of wood though.
Posted Image

#9 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 02:31 PM

I've heard of dowsing rods being used to find unmarked graves, and to even determine the sex of a person buried in a grave. I saw a demonstration once using the technique, but on a live body.  Not quite an accurate experiment, and not surprisingly, the results were "positive."  Haven't tried it on a grave myself, tho.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#10 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:13 AM

I've only tried them to find water lines. couldn't say how accurate it was because the water line zig zagged around our boulders out here. I have heard they use it to find graves, we're thinking on trying this on our ongoing investigation to a small historic community here in the pnw.

#11 NineBeanRows

NineBeanRows

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 11:49 PM

My father, who is, I think, a firmly skeptical man, swears dowsing rods can be used very accurately to find underground water, pipes, etc.  I have seen him demonstrate the action of the rods in areas of his yard which he knows to contain underground drainage pipes, and have tried it myself in the same spot with the same results.  We used L-shaped lengths of wire coat hanger, and the rods always begin to draw towards each other and cross as we pass over the right area.  

He was a homebuilder for years and told me about a subcontractor that he had worked with on numerous occasions who could quite accurately locate underground pipes for him using dowsing rods, and could even judge the depth they were buried at by judging the reaction of the rods.  My Dad was so impressed by this guy that he wound up walking around our suburban yard with coat hangers, demonstrating it for visitors...
Your pal, NineBeanRows

#12 NineBeanRows

NineBeanRows

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 11:51 PM

By the way...in Joshua Warren's book How To Hunt Ghosts, he brings up dowsing rods as a possible ghost-hunting tool, and theorizes that they may react to ghost activity and other electrical disturbances in the atmosphere...
Your pal, NineBeanRows

#13 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 04:12 AM

WOW, kewl beans, ninebeans! ;D That's a very interesting story, and altho I've never used drowsing rods, I've always been curious about them..but I have problems holding chopsticks sometimes (lmao), so havent't tried it yet. I prolly should cause then maybe I can find that DARN disk of mine, lol. But I've always wondered HOW does it work? Is it because of some gravitation pull? And do wooden ones work just as well as metal ones? God, can see me chewin' on this one for the next month or so! ;D

#14 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:14 PM

My husband works for a plumbing company and his the owner uses dowsing rods quite often to find under ground water lines and also water streams. He makes his from brass also and he is very accurate with them.

#15 NineBeanRows

NineBeanRows

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:30 PM

Yes--I talked to my Dad again over the weekend and mentioned the discussion here, and he told me a number of more specific stories about the use of dowsing rods to find plumbing lines...

The plumbing subcontractor that he worked with--the one I mentioned previously-- was once on the scene when Dad was working on remodeling parts of an older country club.   The place was old enough for all of the original plans to have been lost, and a new drainage line had to be run from the building across part of the golf course, which, of course, already had plenty of underground plumbing running through it.  Naturally Dad needed to dig as little as possible to place the new drainage line, but also had to somehow find all the pipes, etc that were there, to avoid hitting anything.  His plumbing subcontractor proceeded, pretty quickly, to chart a safe path across the course by using dowsing rods to locate and mark every single water line, sewer line, and drainage tile in the area.   I asked how many spots the plumber had to locate, and Dad laughed and said, "Dozens."

Dad said he was definitely impressed, and he must have been, because he apparently went on to use dowsing rods very often on subsequent job sites.  On a job in downtown Cincinnati in the mid 80's, he needed to add on to the existing sewer pipe below a building's basement, and, again lacking plans, he located the pipe perfectly using the rods.  I asked how big the room was, and he said about 75 feet long, so he obviously had a decent-sized playing field to search.  One thing that I found very impressive was that the pipe turned out to be buried 13.5 feet deep!  He said the rods reacted very clearly, but very slowly.  I guess that could give an indication of how sensitive dowsing rods can be.
Your pal, NineBeanRows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users