• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:40 AM

I have never even touched a tarot deck.  My mother made me promise when I was little to never touch one.  She said something happened when she did and she found out something that I was never to find out.
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#17 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:59 AM

See, it's creepy things like that  that just end up sparking my interest all the more. I take it you never found out then what it was she discovered?

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#18 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:07 AM

No, I sure didn't she passed away almost 10 years ago.  
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#19 SpiritChaser

SpiritChaser

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Pokemon Pearl Version (for the DS), Nintendogs (again for the DS), drawing/painting, reading

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:44 AM

Are there any tips to learning to interpret the tarot more effectively?  I seem to be drawing the right cards, but they never make sense to me directly until someone else interprets them...Then, I've heard it's harder to read for yourself than for others, but I don't know anyone who would want me to read for them until I'm more proficient at it anyway...

Yeah, I've had that happen to me too...I guess all it takes is practice, practice and more practice!
POW/MIAs~YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!!!Life's a witch, then you fly!!!My other car is a broomI wore black before it was cool!If going to church makes you a Christian, then does going to the garage make you a car?Things haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister.....:(

#20 SpiritChaser

SpiritChaser

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Pokemon Pearl Version (for the DS), Nintendogs (again for the DS), drawing/painting, reading

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:50 AM

I have never even touched a tarot deck.  My mother made me promise when I was little to never touch one.  She said something happened when she did and she found out something that I was never to find out.

Maybe she saw something that she didn't like ???  Whatever it could have been, it obviously shook her up enough to have you make that promise.  Whenever I read my cards (I also have a deck of fortune cards), I set my environment up in a positive way.  I got one of those fountain things for the table, and I'm going to try that as well as white candles.  So far I haven't had any bad vibes from my cards or anything.
POW/MIAs~YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!!!Life's a witch, then you fly!!!My other car is a broomI wore black before it was cool!If going to church makes you a Christian, then does going to the garage make you a car?Things haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister.....:(

#21 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:56 AM

I am not sure what shook her up so. . . but out of respect for her, I will never touch a deck.

#22 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:25 AM

I look up the meaning of that card, but I use intuition from there. Go with your first thoughts, whether you feel they're right or wrong. If you'd like, you can practise on me. Inbox me if you'd like.

I have been meaning to do this, BTW, but the fact that my computer is at work and my tarot cards are usually at home makes it easy for my shyness to win out...Just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#23 Kristy

Kristy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:I will be updating my "interests" soon-lol.

Posted 30 April 2004 - 11:09 AM

yeah..logically, seriously, the Tarot cards are not something I count on as being an accurate tool of divination-if ANY of them are truly accurate-fun yes.
Kristy

#24 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 11:10 AM

No I didn't think that because we just got our power back on last night after a couple days. We had a freak storm that knocked out half the county. So didn't see your post til now.

#25 songdeva

songdeva

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:19 AM

I was surprised not to see more responses here.  I'm into Tarot, and own over 50 decks (blush) and think it's fascinating.  I personally read intuitively, and don't pay much attention to traditional meanings, although I feel guided lately to study a bit more.

In fact, the last reading I did (online for a friend) turned into a channeling.  I say you can absolutely communicate with spirit/s via this method.

I loved reading all the posts and opinions here.
Learn the language of your heart, and speak its words.

#26 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:26 AM

Well, you are channeling if you are using your intuition when you do a reading with tarot. I've channeled many times when I've done tarot readings.

#27 songdeva

songdeva

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:32 PM

Good point, MizzMo.
I guess what I mean to say is, the reading took off and took much less ...effort? than I'd ever experienced with tarot.  And was deadly accurate.
Learn the language of your heart, and speak its words.

#28 suze

suze

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:24 PM

I have always wanted a tarot reading done on me by someone who knew what they were doing. I had one done one time at a psychic fair and the lady had no idea what she was talking about. she started talking about my kids and I was like 16, and i am 24 now and still have no kids.. lol  so she just made $5 off me. I tried once, my sister had a deck and the book that went with them, to do one on myself but i didnt understand what the book was telling me that the cards meant. i got confused.. LOL ;)

#29 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:52 PM

Welcome to GV and enjoy the stay suze!
Posted Image

#30 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:56 PM

Welcome to GV suzeen enjoy the stay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users