• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sherbear65

sherbear65

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:01 PM

A year and a half ago my now 3 year old son began seeing spirits. I was never scared or concerned about this. I took him to see a psychic who said that the spirits coming to see him are not harmful and that one is his grandfather just as I thought it was from my sons description of him. Him seeing and talking to spirits has continue and even happened today.

My problem is this...I recently met this guy who claims he is psychic but some of the things he is telling me is way out there from what I have always understood. He said that any time spirits are showing up is bad and they are bad and that they are looking to harm you. He is telling me to immediately get a priest and have the priest come bless my home without telling the priest why I want it done.

He is also saying that something I did in the past probably open a door and that it is not good and that me nor my son have psychic abilities. That did offend me a little. How would he know? And if he was truly psychic wouldn't he be able to tell me who the spirit is that came today and told my 3 year old to get up and go to the potty. And by the way my son did not and had and accident minutes later.

Also a month ago while using the pendulum I got a very loud knowck on my window around 1am in the morning that scared the crap out of me and had me sleeping with the lights on for days. And previous to that I commonly heard tapping on my windows like someone trying to get my attention. Some times the tapping would last for a half an hour at a time. And no it wasn't the wind and there are no trees in my back yard.

Can someone help clear this up for me because I don't understand why this guy would want to tell me things to upset me and scare me including that when I die I am not going to pass over because I had an abortion when I was very young and that is a sin and so I am going to hell.

Thanks for any help of insight you can give me.

Sherry

#2 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

This person sounds disterbed. While I don't know him personaly and can only judge based on your post, my advice would be to stay away from him and not take his advice too much to heart. It is advisible to protect yourself, but this guy sounds a little . . .off.
Just an opion. Good luck.
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#3 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:16 PM

First of all, you will not go to hell because you had an abortion when you were young. If it bothers you, ask God for forgiveness and be a good person at heart.

Secondly, your friend sounds a little finatic. Surf around Ghost Village for a while and you will see why. Spirits means many things to many people. There are good entities mostly and every now and then you get a nasty one. When Spirits tap, they are trying to get your attention and do not like to be ignored whether they are good or bad.

Thirdly, if you experience paranormal activity you could be a sensative and not nessasarily a psychic. Either way, there are ways to develop your natural abilities.

Hope this helps. You came to the right place. What's interesting is reading everyone's story and experiences and coming up with your own system of beliefs on the subject.

#4 sherbear65

sherbear65

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:01 AM

Thank you so much. You are both right. I have never had anyone tell me the things he has. When he told me that when I died I would not be met by anyone and would not crossover I nearly started crying even though I thought he was nuts. I guess just the thought of what he was saying really upset me probably even more than I realized.

Thanks for confiming his nutiness. I have been reading a lot of the posts and it has been really helpful.

#5 sherbear65

sherbear65

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:19 AM

cmraposa,

I will search for more information on spirits trying to get your attention, but this is what scares me the most because the loudest and most obvious noises and things happen late at night. What makes it so scary for me is not knowing who or what is knocking loudly at my window. If I knew it was an entity that meant no harm to me I would feel more comfortable about it. But it gives me a feeling like something is trying to get me. I got so scared I coouldn't remember the Lord Prayer and just kept repeating the first part of it. The next day I was able to laugh about it and how I must have looked sitting there scared sh*tless repeating a part of the prayer over and over.

I started protecting myself, my child and my dog with a bright white light and also putting an imaginary bright white bubble around my house with the intention that no negative spirits can enter. And then I also will say out loud in my house that no spirits are welcome other than spirits guides and guardian angels and all other need to leave immediately because they are not welcome. Once I started doing that things really quieted down. I still hear the tapping on the window almost everyday though and usually late at night. My dog also sees spirits in the house often and will follow them around growling at them until they are gone.

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:38 AM

~I'd get as far away from this guy as possible. He's not "good news" & you also have your little boys' safety to think about. This guy sounds like he's 5 cans short of a 6-pack. Good luck sweety, and keep us informed.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching &quot;para&quot;normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:07 AM

A year and a half ago my now 3 year old son began seeing spirits. I was never scared or concerned about this. I took him to see a psychic who said that the spirits coming to see him are not harmful and that one is his grandfather just as I thought it was from my sons description of him. Him seeing and talking to spirits has continue and even happened today.

My problem is this...I recently met this guy who claims he is psychic but some of the things he is telling me is way out there from what I have always understood. He said that any time spirits are showing up is bad and they are bad and that they are looking to harm you. He is telling me to immediately get a priest and have the priest come bless my home without telling the priest why I want it done.

He is also saying that something I did in the past probably open a door and that it is not good and that me nor my son have psychic abilities. That did offend me a little. How would he know? And if he was truly psychic wouldn't he be able to tell me who the spirit is that came today and told my 3 year old to get up and go to the potty. And by the way my son did not and had and accident minutes later.

Also a month ago while using the pendulum I got a very loud knowck on my window around 1am in the morning that scared the crap out of me and had me sleeping with the lights on for days. And previous to that I commonly heard tapping on my windows like someone trying to get my attention. Some times the tapping would last for a half an hour at a time. And no it wasn't the wind and there are no trees in my back yard.

Can someone help clear this up for me because I don't understand why this guy would want to tell me things to upset me and scare me including that when I die I am not going to pass over because I had an abortion when I was very young and that is a sin and so I am going to hell.

Thanks for any help of insight you can give me.

Sherry

Sherry, there's NO DOUBT this guy is a hack, a quack and a confused individual about everything to do with this... and I would say everything else in life, by the sound of it. DO NOTHING OF WHAT HE TELLS YOU AND RID YOURSELF OF HIM, not the "spirits".

This guy does not have your best interest at heart... no "psychic" helps you by scaring you and telling you if you don't do something you won't "cross over" (abortions or whatever don't keep anyone from "crossing over", that choice was a part of your life path and a personal lesson to learn from). That's a big tip off to their authenticity.

So, in a nutshell... ALL BULL, AND BIG.

Listen to your own intuition and go inside yourself for answers. Tell him to HIT THE RELIGIOUS ROAD.
SpiritDoc

#8 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:16 PM

Sherry, there's NO DOUBT this guy is a hack, a quack and a confused individual about everything to do with this... and I would say everything else in life, by the sound of it. DO NOTHING OF WHAT HE TELLS YOU AND RID YOURSELF OF HIM, not the "spirits".

This guy does not have your best interest at heart... no "psychic" helps you by scaring you and telling you if you don't do something you won't "cross over" (abortions or whatever don't keep anyone from "crossing over", that choice was a part of your life path and a personal lesson to learn from). That's a big tip off to their authenticity.

So, in a nutshell... ALL BULL, AND BIG.

Listen to your own intuition and go inside yourself for answers. Tell him to HIT THE RELIGIOUS ROAD.

Amen Doc, Amen.

Sherry, just like everything else in this world you will find people in the paranormal community who have their own personal biases. This man is a typical example of such individual. What he is saying to you is his own personal beliefs on the matter, and they do not seem to jive with what most authorities on the subject state. Not all spirits are evil or out to harm you. If that were the case, then there would be not such things as spiritguides, and I would have been dead at the age of three because that is when I had my first encounter with MY spiritguide. And as Doc says, abortions are things that are personal life lessons, for both the mother and the child. As others have said, tell the guy to hit the road and don't come back no more no more no more....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:22 PM

Ok. With all that said, I just wanted to add one more thing.

About the tapping. It is always good to rule out the mundane especially when it is coming from outside. Rule out animals etc. But the number one thing to rule out is a person. Please be sure to keep your doors and windows locked up tight and be safe. If it is a certain window on a constant basis, can you set up a video camera for one night? If not, you can get a motion detector light for not a lot of money. I am concerned because that particular noise is coming from outside the house.

I don't mean to scare you. I know what you mean when you say you would rather it be just a nice spirit trying to get your attention but you can never be too safe. On a side note, if it is a spirit, some people here have had lots of luck communicating with spirits this way. Asking questions, tapping once for yes and twice for no.

Take care,

Christine

#10 sherbear65

sherbear65

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:40 PM

I guess I should look, right. Duh. I scare easy at night and its pitch black in my back yard unless the neighbors who house backs mine has their back light on which is a bright flood light and since our houses are close it lights up my back yard to.

But ya know, its a weird tapping. Sounds like someone throwing the smallest little pebbles against the window. Also gotta tell you that one night when a man who my child describe who I sounds like my grandfather came and was talking to him...my son started saying I was a monkey or monkey butt. At the time he was 2 years old and didn't know certain words. I asked him who told him to call me that (it was at night and he just started calling me that out of the blue while laying in my bed. He said that the Doll did (the spirit he calls Doll which is what he calls my father and calls this spirit Doll too cause he thinks he looks similar to his grandfather). I asked him why. He said because of the light. I of course had to go through all the lights with him in the house to try to figure out what he was talking about and then I get to the candle I had been lighting and he says yes that that is the one he talking about. Well, I had been told by a psychic to start keeping one of those tall container white candles lit. But that morning it had finished and I didn't have time to buy a new one that day. I had been faithly keeping one lit for about 2 weeks specifically for him. I asked the pyschic about what my sons had said and he told me something about the spirit wondering if I had forgetten about him already.

Then there is also the growling that I have heard that sounds like it is coming from my bedroom...where my son still sleeps with me. And I can't tell you how many times I hear a child crying and I go running in there and my son is fast asleep...that has been happening since I brought him home. My dog seems to hear all these things too. So I know I am not losing it.

And yes, even my friend has said to take picture or get a video camera. But I have to be honest with all of you. I have read a lot of the post on this board and I envy you all because you don't seem scared of what you might see. If I saw something on film or on video I would probably want to leave my house and never return. I am not sure I am ready and strong enough to face the real reality of all this. I'm sorry but I gotta be honest with myself on that. And I did recently pray to God that the noises stop at night because it scares me and it has quieted down a little.

#11 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:29 PM

~Oh sweety, I got so scared by just a reflection in a picture that I nearly broke my leg trying to leave the room. Although I can handle the frienlier spirits around my home, it's just *that* one at my work that I'm fearfull of.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#12 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:28 PM

look out this guy sounds like he is getting ready to set you up.
He will most likely offer to get rid of the spirits for you for a cost.
Stay away from him he has doesn't seem to have an ounce of knowledge.
If you are scared tell the spirits to go to the light.........with a little gentle help you can get them to go.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#13 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:56 PM

Hi Sherbear, I get scared all the time. The other night i saw a shadow in the corner of my dining room and my heart beat so fast for 15 minutes i was afraid to go to bed. Finally I got up and turned on the hallway light and the light to my bedroom so when I was ready to go to sleep I wouldn't have to see any dark corners. Like Laurie said, sometimes I see my reflection and get spooked too!

Also I agree with everyone here, that guy is a nut, or mean, or a con man, anyway he's bad news and do not talk to him again.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#14 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

I agree about the tapping. Make sure it's not a real person, (Like this guy who gave you such horrible advice) actually sneaking into your back yard and taping on your window.
Also, I know it sounds weird but if your house is older it could very well be the plumbing. At night when the house settles plumbing can make really freaky noises.
I totally understand about being afraid. I have had experiances that have scared the wee outta me.
I think what you are doing is the right thing, to protect yourself and your little boy and your dog.
Keep it up and be firm.
Sometimes they like to play with us and sometimes you have to let them know that the "game" is over.
Good luck. :hug:
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#15 Delvi

Delvi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:32 PM

Weee time for my input, now this is just what i believe :) i think that guy was a lil off too >.< no doubt he probly came to ur house drunk :/ lol but to be honest not all spirits are harmful, or do not wish to harm. Seems like ur just scared of noises and your son talking to the spirits.
As far as ur son goes, i dont believe in ghosts, i dont believe that "people" haunt places or that they walk around and havnt "passed" on. I believe that they are demons.. now dont get the wrong idea by me saying "demon" some of them are here just to scare the crap out of people by moving a chair or making shadows on the walls. I do believe tho that it IS unhealthy for a child to communicate with them. Its delving into something that people arent 100% about and since it involves your son i would rather be safe than sorry. This is a subject that has no garantees which is why you should preceed with caution on anything someone might tell you.
As far as you going to hell... dont believe that because you had an abortion your damned to hell... relax lol If your really worried about your situation it would be best to bless the house, But be careful on who blesses it. Notice in alot of shows on the tv that involves stories of ghosts and hauntings that alot of blessings on a house or property normally doesnt make it go away, alot of times it sturs something up and makes it even more angry. Which is why i caution you, if you do decide to rid your house of whatever it is thats there, be careful as to who blesses your house. If its the wrong person for the job it might just get worse. Not to scare or alarm you or anything but that is what i believe. :) good luck and be safe.

Edited by Delvi, 08 August 2007 - 10:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users