• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

I've never used a photo of an animal to communicate with it - my husband and I like to take walks in the nearby preserves and we do see lots of wildlife there (deer, turtles, armadillos, etc) I'm the one who will usually address an animal if I see one, and yes, many times the animal can "hear" what I say as they can sense if someone is friendly to them or not.

Same thing with farm animals. There's several farms near us and if I pass by a herd of cows and say something, you can expect at least one of them to raise its head in my direction and see who is speaking to them.

Pets have their own way of communicating their needs. For years I had a lovely, sweet cat named Molly who became diabetic in her old age, and at one point, had a stroke. She would look into our face and tell us that her time has come, she was in pain (she was 12 years old) and I look forward to meeting her over the Rainbow Bridge.

#17 Inspirosity

Inspirosity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

I certainly would love to be able to communicate with animals. I think that I have more of an affinity with animals rather than people because I've never been able to understand people or understand the subtle social cues that are easily picked up by others. I'm really interested reading some of people's accounts on here, though. Rainbow Bridge also sounds quite lovely...I hope to see my mini dachshund over there...

#18 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

I talk to animals any time I meet one. Not too long ago I was at a local farm/house museum and saw a group of young steer in a small fenced enclosure. As soon as I see them, one of them comes right up to me, facing me, blinks his eyes twice and lets me pet his face. I spoke to him. He was the cutest thing. Animals can indeed sense someone who gives them kind attention, just as they have the ability to detect someone who may be a potential threat to them. Anyways, as I continued speaking to this steer, telling him how handsome he was (he had a blonde hide) and he grazed for awhile right near me.

I've owned many cats in the past too and do volunteer work at a cat shelter. For me talking to animals is quite normal and natural.

#19 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

That s very special and very neat. I am quite sure you can communicate with them. :kitty:
petunia4998

#20 TiaLeigha

TiaLeigha

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

I feel I have a very close connection and can "read" animals pretty clearly. I don't use it as a hobby or draw attention to it. I feel it is my personal gift and I try to help those I can. I have always been this way since I was a child. Some of my family doesn't understand my love for animals, but they don't have to. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users