• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ms_Falke

ms_Falke

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:44 AM

Iīve gotten the impression that the ouija is looked upon with a lot of distrust. Itīs dangerous, and the spirits canīt be trusted. But when it comes to the pendulum, I havnīt read anything bad about it. Why is the pendulum considered more safe? To me it seems like they work in similar ways.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:57 AM

Well, the major difference - as far as I know - between the Ouija and Pendulum is that, the pendulum works because of our own intuition, whereas the Ouija works because of the outside interference from the other side. Which infact is dangerous because if not properly secured, the portal that is left opened in Ouija seance can actually invite evil spirits or demons to our world (the users). In pendulum such a scenario doesn't exist, since it works on our mental energy channeled.
Posted Image

#3 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:58 AM

I for one think that Quija boards are bad only when the person playing is evil or has bad spirits around them. As far as a pendulum I never played one but I did hear that it was a little different from a Quija board.

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#4 ms_Falke

ms_Falke

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:08 AM

Iīve heard and read that many uses the pendulum to communicate with their spirit guides and other spirits. In these cases it must work in a similar way as the ouija.

Iīve worked alot with the ouija, but Iīm planning to use the pendulum. Just wanīt to find out the differences  ;)

#5 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:11 AM

I don't believe there IS a difference, hence why you'll never hear me talking bad about use of a Ouija board. You're right, though... it IS odd that no one would whisper paranoid warnings about a pendulum even though they work in the same way.

I don't believe they solely work through the subconscious either.... if that be the case, than a Ouija can work the same exact way which makes the risk factor much less (I actually use the Ouija as a tool to reach my subconscious and it rarely has anything to do with outside influences such as spirits).

Interesting question.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#6 arawa

arawa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:40 AM

Ana

I'm sort of interested in Ouija as a tool to reach the subconcious - Can you let me know some more about the ouija's role in this - I've tried using the pendulum, and had some really encouraging results with it, perhaps if you could enlighten me about the ouija, I wouldn't be so hesitant about it (I've really only ever heard of it being used as a way to contact entities)?

#7 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:57 AM

I never played w/Pendulum...But I have used the Ouija before...I didnt have good experinces...So I stoped..That was when I was younger...Now I just look at it as a board game.....But I personaly would not play it and I wont let my children...
"You only get 1 shot!"

#8 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:51 AM

Arawa,

Ana is not the only person who can give you advice on Quija Boards (No offense Ana)

I have been playing with Quija Boards for over ten years now and I am only 23 years old. I basically no all of the do's and don’ts when it comes to communicating with Spirits and Ghosts.

Hunny

#9 arawa

arawa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:17 AM

Hunny,

Thanks, I'll take any advice I can get. The reason I sort of posted to Ana is that she mentioned using it to channel your subcontious, which is something I've been trying to work with with the pendulum (or in my case, some string and a weight at the bottom - I'm a no frills kinda gal :().

As I said, if you have any advice, I'd be really interested to hear it, and that goes for anyone here - you all know tons more than I do ;)

#10 ms_Falke

ms_Falke

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:44 AM

I donīt have as much experience as hunnyfire, but I have used the ouija during a perioud of 4-5 years. Only once I have felt something wasnīt right. I have never really done any protecting rituals before having a session, but I do protective meditations almost every day. The rules I follow is to aproach the board an spirits with respect, never do a session if I am physically or menatally weakened or if I have a bad feeling about it.

The time when I experienced someting unpleasant, both me and my mom got a feeling of horror as we were chilled to the bone. There has hapened a lot of bad things in my parents neighborhood, and I got the feeling that it was the lingering energies we picked up on. The spirit of the board didīn act in any threatening way, but it cept spelling out the word "death" as to mark out the energy of the area. To me the feeling of horror we got was the feeling of death. Not threatening or evil. just a statement. Itīs hard to explain ;)

My best advice to you arawa is to be sure to protect youself, and never ever do a session if you donīt feel right in any way.

#11 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:16 AM

Good Advice all!!!!
Maybe Hunny can give lessons???
"You only get 1 shot!"

#12 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:21 AM

All Quija Boards are different. Each is assigned to one board either evil or not. You can have as many rituals as  you like but who ever was assigned to that board will show up. My very first experience with a Quija Board was scary. I was young and it was played for a joke but the joke turned into a serious threat. We ended up throwing the Quija Board away but the spirit who was assigned to that board stayed in the house.

The evilness spread through the living room and honestly you could feel it's evil presence. As I recall we started to pray for GOD 's protection. Something told us to take out the bible and turn to any page and read it out loud. I don't know what made all of us think of this but it was amazing.

The point I am trying to make is WATCH OUT. Till this day I know that we opened the doors to an evil ghost/spirit. A pendulum is considered to be much safer because of inner thoughts. A Quija Board is totally different. The energy is different and the communication is different. Some Quija Boards lie and some tell the honest future. Whatever spirit/ghost you come in contact with was planned.

Hunny

#13 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:16 AM

Hunny....How did you find out about the Ouija Board having spirits assigned to it?
I have never heard that before...
"You only get 1 shot!"

#14 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:19 AM

I play with one now. She has been in my life for 4 years. She told me about my son and my marriage. She helped through high school. She has told me many secrets of Quija Boards it's not even funny.

I can even play her without even using the board!

Hunny

#15 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:23 AM

Wow!.....
Whats her name?...(If its okay to ask?)
"You only get 1 shot!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users