Seances By Yourself?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 ghostlover26

ghostlover26

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:21 PM

I am curious to know how to conduct a seance by myself. I know that may sound silly, but please hear my out before you respond.

I know all about "regular" seances. The people holding hands, the candles, the circle, the asking for spirits to come forth, the protection prayers, etc. That is all okay for me. Plus I have printed out things I found online about seances, the prayers, and the info I need to know. So I am covered when it comes to that.

But I really do not have anyone that is into this topic like I am. I am told not to have skeptics there, so that pretty much leaves just me. I am interested in contacting some people who have passed on but with no one to help me do a seance, I need to know some options and what I can do. Please help me. I am NOT interested in going to a medium or a psychic because...well, frankly, I cannot afford to do that. So I really need options of what I can do on my own.

What I have tried thus far is to surround myself with blessed rocks from my church, light 3 candles in the circle with me, say my protective prayers, have some items that identify with the spirit I am trying to communicate, and I say over and over, "I am seeking (spirit's name). Come forward (spirit's name) and communicate with me."

I make sure there is no distractions and I try to keep focused. Is what I am doing right or is there other things I could do?

PLEASE HELP!

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:09 AM

Welcome to GV ghostlover26, enjoy your stay!

I too like to have spirit communications by myself, but I am yet to do anything positive in this regard. The prime reason is that I am a person who believes IT IS ALL IN YOUR MIND. Which means, as of now I am not in a situation where I have total control over my mental faculties, and I feel it is dangerous to leave my own soul open to the unknown. Just like Ouija and other methods, seances too can throw up evil / unintented spirits at you and can control you in a bad way.
But if you are too sure about yourself (I mean ABSOLUTE FAITH - without any doubt), there is no harm in trying to do it all by yourself.

the FOCUS part, you have got it right. but better take expert advice......... which is abound in GV ;D
Posted Image

#3 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 09:52 AM

Well, Ghostlover, I think that these types of things are subjective to personal preference and experience. I think what you're doing sounds fine, although I would never attempt something so... ceremonial, for lack of a better word, with the spirit world by myself. It's simply not safe. And, in all honesty, I think it might HELP to have a skeptic present, as that way you wont start reading things into every little thing you see and hear. Skeptics can help the hard-core believers remain in the here and now and not run off on every supernatural tangent that comes our way.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:24 AM

I agree that the ceremonial stuff is not needed; I think it's more for effect than anything else.  People who have passed on are in spirit and spirit is around you all the time.  I know they're communicating with you all the time but you're just not aware of it.  Don't feel bad, most people are unaware of it.  Do you ever get "pennies from heaven?" that's a way of them letting you know they're around, but the easiest thing you can do is just find a quiet and comfortable place to sit in your house, burn some incense, and sit and relax.  Empty your mind as much as possible and wait for what will come.  they might touch you, they might send you mental pictures, they might say something to you.  And it probably isn't going to happen the first time, so don't be discouraged and try it again.  And you also might make a date with them: tell them, hey, I'm going to try and communicate with you on Tuesday, the 12th, at 2:00 pm and I hope you'll be there.  After all, they have things to do where they are too, so if you set a date and time, it's easier for both of you.  And good luck, let me know how it goes.
petunia4998

#5 Sexyinlace

Sexyinlace

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:22 PM

Don't ever try to have a seance by yourself. Things can happen that you would need another person there to help. Seances are nothing to play around with. You must take careful steps when having one. You never know what may happen during one. A seance is not a parlor trick, if you try it by yourself you might find yourself in some real trouble.
[B][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Listen so you might hear.

#6 lalunnaroja

lalunnaroja

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:reading

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:34 PM

i agree with Petunia4998.

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

Welcome to GV and enjo the stay lalunnaroja
Posted Image

#8 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:46 PM

[move][glow=red,2,300]welcome to gv lalunnaroja ;D[/glow][/move]
Enjoy your stay

#9 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 08:53 PM

what about using a pendulum with just a yes and no board in front of you and see how that goes.

#10 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:13 AM

use one of these prayers before you try the pendulum, or any other tool.
http://www.evergreen...om/Prayers.html
and here are some yes/no, and numerical charts you can print out to use.
http://www.ghostvill...86072644;start=

#11 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:59 PM

I think it's kind of like swimming you should never go alone,just in case you need help .Also you need at least one other person to help decifer ,or at as a medium.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:02 PM

Just in case........ yes BARDO, that is the word! you said it right.
Posted Image

#13 Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:24 PM

Hmmm... it seems you are doing it like one should do it. I do my sťances myself too, as I don't have any partners in crime  :) It's better to do it alone than to have negative people or those with closed minds.

I must admit that it always works better if you have a partner or more. Maybe having two people provides more psychic energy and so the communication becomes easier.

Also, what about the safety bit? They say it's safer to have someone else with you.... just in case. I think having someone else around keeps you in touch with reality and the real world, in case you start getting overtly affected by the spirit which could lead to a possession.
"I am BAD_WORD confident anyone who stands up and calls out to The Hell positively is in for a huge change in life."

#14 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:10 AM

does the term, "safety in numbers," come to mind? Investigators generally have a rule of never investigating alone. Things can happen.

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:13 AM

this CAN happen yes, and that THINGS maynot always be good and safe!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users