10 replies to this topic

#1 lisa

lisa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:reading, gardening,fishing and arts and crafts, ghost hunting

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:42 AM

This is one of the most awesome haunted hotels ever!!! :ghost: San Antonio, Texas is said to be one of the most haunted cities in the world and I believe it. We have a blast every time we go. We stay at The Meanger or The Emily Morgan. That one is way Haunted too. Just wanted to hear from some of ya'll that have had expierences there. I have actually captured a form of some kind on film and when I showed it to the staff, they remarked it was the maid that roams the halls. Just so many cool things. Looking forward to hearing from ya'll.

#2 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:34 AM

Put some of your pics up here for us to see too.
Don't be selfish now. LOL

I would like to see what you have captured on film. Would be interesting to hear the feedback you get.

Good luck with your findings. I'll be looking for those pictures.

Blessings,
Angie
Posted Image

#3 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:24 PM

I too ADORE the Menger Hotel. I insist on rooms that overlook the gardens of the Alamo. I only experienced feelings while there, nothing more.....yet. In the oldest part of the hotel, c. 1800's there are creeky wooden slatted floors under the plush carpeting but when you walk you can still hear the boards cracking & creeking under your feet. I always get the impression that someone is going to grab me from out of a sitting area in the hallways or from doorways. Apprehension is the biggest impression that I get there. A very awesome place & a must visit when in SA.
It's just Becca Posted Image

#4 hellpaso

hellpaso

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:paranormal experience/research for over 30 (ouch!) years

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

we had a couple of experiences at the menger. my husband was poked in the arm while we were in one of the gift shops. one time we were seated at the end of the bar (by the outside door), and there was this guy sitting at the opposite end (by the hotel hallway). we were the only people in the bar, except the bartender, of course. this guy just stared and stared at us. he was dressed in a 70s era double-knit polyester suit, 70s haircut, and had a pasty, sallow complexion. sipping on a brandy. now this was in late july--in the afternoon--NOBODY would've been dressed like that! anyway, to make a long story short, my husband and i both watched this man and his brandy dissolve away before our eyes. the bartender never made any indication that he was aware of the apparition. oh, and before you make any smart comments, we saw him before we had our ONE beer!! LOL!!

#5 lisa

lisa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:11 PM

As soon as I get our scanner and machines back up I'll post those pics. (we had a house fire)
My daughter had a crazy expierence. We always ask for suite 2044(it's next door to the King Ranch suite)anyway I was sitting outside our door and her and Shane went walking around. For those who have not been to the Meanger, in the old part of the hotel it built with a three story parlor that all the rooms come off of all the way up. So, if your looking down from the third floor balcony you can see to the bottom parlor floor. Well, I was sitting there and I heard the most God aweful scream, and wondered what in the heck. I stood up and here comes Krystal running full speed ahead. She hit that balcony and almost flipped over. (lost my heart and breath) I ran up the stairs (next to our room) ran over to her and she's completely out of breath. :Spaz: Finally, she says mom it got cold and a solider was coming at me. I was like what kind of solider? She kept saying I don't know I don't know.
She said she didn't feel any evil it just surprised her. Well, the next day in the Lobby we were looking at the civil war display, and she goes ballistic. She pointed to General Robert E. Lee and said mom there he is. :hug: I was dumbfounded. He has been seen there by many people.

#6 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

Sounds good, would also love to see the pics or evidence :Spaz:

#7 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

Sorry, but I have to echo everyone else here, and would love to see some pictures.
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#8 hellpaso

hellpaso

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:paranormal experience/research for over 30 (ouch!) years

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:10 PM

Sorry, but I have to echo everyone else here, and would love to see some pictures.

i wish i had pictures! but the guy my husband and i saw looked real--i could hardly snap a pic, since he kept staring at us!! another thing--everytime we're around the alamo, my batteries in my phones and cameras won't hold a charge. has anyone else had that happen there??

#9 lisa

lisa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

Oh my gosh yes to the batteries! :Spaz: We spent $60.00 replaceing battery after battery after battery. This was in an hour period. We could not keep any batteries in our camera. We still haven't got the scanner up and running but I am going to go put it on disk. Please bear with me a few more days. I'll get those pics up. :clap: We also stay at The Emily Morgan. It was an old hospital. It actually skips the 13th floor. I am going to get some pics of that one up to.

#10 lisa

lisa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:05 PM

Hey guys I have the pictures in my computer and I am having trouble getting them to upload. :) I am going to get someone to come and helpme. We are going back to San Antonio on Halloween for all the ghost hunts.I'll be taking more pics at the menger.

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:25 AM

Hey guys I have the pictures in my computer and I am having trouble getting them to upload. :angry: I am going to get someone to come and helpme.

How to upload photographs!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users