19 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:14 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

It's with a heavy heart that I have to report the passing of psychic Peter James. Peter died last night around 6:15 PM after losing a long fight with multiple health problems.

Peter was perhaps best-known as being the resident psychic on the television show Sightings. Peter also performed many hundreds of investigations on the haunted Queen Mary in Long Beach, California.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Peter for multiple articles, I've spoken on the phone with him many times, and got to sit with him in person during last fall's Queen Mary ghost conference. He was a dear sweet man who will be sorely missed by the paranormal community.

I will pass on more details as they come in. You can read my first interview with Peter James here: http://www.ghostvill..._02082003.shtml

-Jeff Belanger
Ghostvillage.com
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:21 AM

Sorry to hear of the loss of your freind Jeff. I recall emailing you years ago about him, telling you about a little ghost girl he would talk to on the QM ship. Jackie her name is. And then you told me you knew him and would ask him about it. Hes got great websites too if anyoens interested. Lots of EVP's. From what I seen of him he was/is a nice man. My thoughts go out to his family/freinds.

Simmy

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:26 AM

What a tragic loss. Of all the 'celebrity' mediums/psychics, I always thought of Mr. James as being the most honest and sincere - definetly not someone in it for the money or fame. My condolences to his family and friends.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:51 AM

My sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends, he will indeed be missed a great deal...
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:56 AM

He will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted Image

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:47 AM

~Such a sad day indeed. He will be greatly missed and forever remembered.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:53 AM

Jeff, sorry to hear the news! I remeber sending him an e-mail a few months ago, from one of your posts about his condition. Those in the Village who knew him or of him, like myself, will miss him, and my prayers are with his relatives. Though a loss to the paranormal community, his memory and legacy will live on! Thanks for all that you've given us, Peter!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#8 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

We have truly lost one of the best with this passing. Peter James will be loved & missed forever in my heart. My prayers are with you Jeff & his family.
It's just Becca Posted Image

#9 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this, Jeff. This is very sad news, indeed. My thoughts on Peter James as a person and a psychic mimic Redhead's. He seemed like a genuine and great guy.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Amanda

#10 hellpaso

hellpaso

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:paranormal experience/research for over 30 (ouch!) years

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

so sorry to hear about peter. blessed be.

#11 Teri

Teri

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:03 PM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

It's with a heavy heart that I have to report the passing of psychic Peter James. Peter died last night around 6:15 PM after losing a long fight with multiple health problems.

Peter was perhaps best-known as being the resident psychic on the television show Sightings. Peter also performed many hundreds of investigations on the haunted Queen Mary in Long Beach, California.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Peter for multiple articles, I've spoken on the phone with him many times, and got to sit with him in person during last fall's Queen Mary ghost conference. He was a dear sweet man who will be sorely missed by the paranormal community.

I will pass on more details as they come in. You can read my first interview with Peter James here: http://www.ghostvill..._02082003.shtml

-Jeff Belanger
Ghostvillage.com

#12 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

This a great loss. He was at the top of his field, and will be missed by many.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#13 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:37 PM

I thought of Peter just yesterday as a matter of fact, wondering how he was doing after I had asked you at the conference Jeff. Perhaps I knew? With the time you posted of his death, was in fact the time I had this thought. Just making me want to cry so much right now.

I never missed the show "Sightings", it was during the run of the show, my daughter Kellie at the age of 4, was telling us so much that was going on in her room. I even called the show looking for help. The producer of the show did call me and speak with me personally. The show happened to be canceled at that time, so nothing came of my questions etc.

Anway...I finally met Peter on the Queen Mary this past November. As I was checking into my room at the desk, I saw him standing there. I went over and introduced myself. His first words to me were "medium?" That sort of freaked me out. I did answer "well in a matter of speaking"...lol. He invited me to his lecture. I hurried to my room, which wasn't easy with my hand in a cast, and unloaded my suitcase etc. I rushed back to find where his lecture was and made it just in time. I stood in the back with the crowd that gathered. Listening to what he had to say to those "newbie ghost hunters" was quite funny. I caught him looking at me with a smile that told me he knew I knew what he was talking about. I could also at that time tell he was not well, which bothered me a lot. I wanted to talk with him more as I sat outside and he came and sat near me. But I just knew how ill he was feeling and let him be to rest.

I will truly miss him. He was the first psychic/medium I knew was the real deal. He did what he did with his whole heart and with the truth about the otherside. An amazing man. My heart goes out to all his friends and family. I hope they know he is still with them, with what he knew on this side, I'm sure he will stick around a while.

Thank you for the news Jeff. Do you know when his services will be held and where? It would be nice to know and perhaps send something for the family.
Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#14 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:52 AM

Peter was a great guy...I recently had interviewed him for the radio show and talked with him several times and emailed back and forth. I didn't know him as well as I would have liked but from what I did know he was honest and sincere. At least now he has all of the answers that he had been searching for. We will miss Peter and my thoughts and condolences are with his family.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 AnimaSoucoyant

AnimaSoucoyant

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

Posted Image

Peter James - Paranormal Investigator

R.I.P Peter James. You will be missed.

As Jeff already posted, Peter James passed away on July 31, 2007.. He died peacefully in his sleep, at the end of a long illness... He will be dearly missed by so many... at this time funeral arrangements are being made, yet we do not know the location and date.

I also wanted to let everyone know that, for any of his friends or fans to leave a well wishes for Peters family, they can click on the link and sign the guest book. Peter's friend, Tuesday Miles, will be updating the web page when there is funeral arrangements set.

http://www.portaltal...com/Peters.html

He was a great person and investigator.. best known in recent years for his work on the Queen Mary, as well as doing tours there. In 2004, GHOST! Magazine's very first In Print issue featured Peter in our "Chasers" section (alongside Hans Holzer and Janice Oberding). It was always great working with him.

Edited by AnimaSoucoyant, 02 August 2007 - 07:43 PM.

-----------------Matt Ferrell - http://www.myspace.com/mfparanormalMember/Founder of: - Ghost Tracker Investigations - Ghost Tracker Radio - GHOST! Magazine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users