Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Is a house binding preventing Ouija from working?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 04:03 PM

I made an Ouija board out of cardboard but it didn't work. Then I made a proper one out of wood and it still doesn't work! My home has had a history of minor eerie occurences and we always believed there was 'something' out there and never really paid attention. Few years back I had had a nightmare where a dark, short creature was reaching out to me on the bed and I felt overpowered, suffocated. (I'll post my dream in detail in another post in the proper place).

When I told my mom, who's always been very religious and believing, she got a religious man/priest from somewhere who told that inded our place was haunted. He prayed and binded the house. Since then we never had any seriously scary experience or nightmare.

However, years later, not that my Ouija board refuses to respond, I am beginning to feel if the binding is preventing any spirt from entering the house. I thought bindings were meant for evil spirits, while I always play it safe with the Ouija and seek positive entities. I have tried it for at least 5 nights during the past few weeks and it doesn't respond.

I am not a sceptic but continuous failure might make me one some day!

By the way, I am doing it alone. I know the dangers etc and insisit I still want to do it on my own.

What could be the reason for it not working? The binding that the religious man did, or is it because I am doing it alone??

!!
"I am BAD_WORD confident anyone who stands up and calls out to The Hell positively is in for a huge change in life."

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 26 June 2004 - 04:19 PM

The problem I attribute it to your own MIND! If the mind doesn't channel properly, nothing works. I have this problem myself, and it is the price I paid for coming over my fears. My mind just blocks all the energies, and I don't consider myself a sensitive. Maybe the same case for you too.
Posted Image

#3 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:42 PM

for me, when I tried to use the board several times, is my guides overly protect me, so you could also attribute it not working to this as well.

#4 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:04 AM

A binding COULD cause this, but also, when you work a board alone, I've seen people do a particular thing that makes it not work for you. Although I wouldn't suggest doing it alone until you've had some experience under your belt working with others, the problem alone usually arises because the person barely touches the planchette. Alone, it works like a pendulum would, or automatic writing. You have to firmly place your fingers on the planchette... don't expect it to move by itself or you'll be waiting a long time, ESPECIALLY after a binding. Touch the planchette and let the spirit guide you. If nothing else, intentionally start moving the planchette in a figure eight pattern or a cirlce across the board and let it fall on whatever letters it falls on, even if it seems it's not making any sense. This will get you started and open you up a bit more to spirit contact. Hope that helps some.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#5 Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:05 PM

Ana: I did place two fingers on the planchette  very lightly as I didn't want to prevent it's free movement. Hmmm, maybe I should have been a bit more firm.
What do you mean by saying "let it fall on" when speaking about intentionally moving the  planchette across the board. If I am moving it around, then won't it keep on sliding? How would it fall/stop on a certain alphabet? Please clarify that bit for me.

By the way, I'll also try to get hold of someone to partner me on the board.
"I am BAD_WORD confident anyone who stands up and calls out to The Hell positively is in for a huge change in life."

#6 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:16 PM

Sure, I basically meant to stop the planchette if you feel compelled to do so. Seriously, don't expect it to stop on it's own. It rarely, if ever truly works that way, or like in the movies where things just start zipping across the board on their own accord. While you're moving the planchette, don't even look down at the board, just look straight ahead and keep mentally visualizing contact. When you get the urge to stop moving or to settle over a letter, do so, don't question it. Look down then and see where you are. It may seem like a lengthy process to go through, but once you get the hang of it, it can move along quite speedily.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#7 Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:17 AM

IT WORKED!!!!

Today I first tried the Ouija board with a friend, and within 5 minutes we were contacted  by a spirit :P Ah, I feel elated.

I will post my complete first experience in a fresh post called 'My First Ouija Experience' but later.

Meanwhile, thanks to all you guys for keeping my spirits up (no pun intended :-P)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users