• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:49 AM

I have heard the most about the "Gateway Voyage" program. It's a 6 day program that you do there at TMI. Here's an excerpt for you Ghost Villagers.......

"We do not provide a new belief system at the Gateway Voyage. Individuals from all walks of life, professions, and a wide variety of religious backgrounds have attended without encountering conflict regarding their beliefs. The only philosophical point we ask you to consider as a serious possibility is that you are more than your physical body. However, there may be times when you are asked to look at different overviews. It will be your choice to evaluate and accept, reject, or remain undecided as to the validity of those overviews; and through direct experience to realize your own Knowns.

The out-of-body state and tools that may be utilized to achieve this particular state of consciousness are covered in the Gateway Voyage, but that is only a small part of the program's overall scope of self-awareness and self- empowerment. We cannot guarantee a conscious out-of-body experience during, or subsequent to, a Gateway Voyage Program - but we do offer tools that can help you toward that end. "

Despite the statement above, I recall reading a 3rd party magazine not affiliated with TMI interviewing people who did go to TMI for the Gateway Voyage program, and those people said that it's just a clause, because everyone they knew in their classes experienced OBE while they were there learning.

:weeee:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#32 tkite

tkite

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:08 PM

Make sure you check out their CD's..... at $15.95 they are the cost of a regular music CD, but you're getting more for your dough. There's one I am thinking of getting myself, it's called "Deep Journeys"

:weeee:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#33 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

Whoa, that Monroe Institute sounds awesome. I looked through and read that excerpt above, and it sounds Cooooooool.... I really want to buy one of those CDs and try this astral travel thing.

#34 cristi

cristi

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:20 AM

I have only successfully traveled astrally once, and didn't get very far before my sisters boyfriend barged in and turned on all the lights and exclaimed "What the heck is going on in here?" lol. I had candles going and was laying prone on top of the covers on my bed. It freaked him out. Haven't been able to do it again since.

I've always heard that you should envision a silver cord connecting your astral self to your physical body, in case you get lost in your travels. It would be like following a trail of bread crumbs home. I've also heard (and experienced that one time) that if you return to your body too quickly, it CAN cause some physical discomfort, almost like whiplash, where you are sore and stiff.

I've successful bi-located several times, which is a form of astral travel while still conscious of the environment around you.

Good topic.

Ana

Hi Ana my name is Cristi, I would love to do the astral projection how exactly is it done? Do you go into a meditative state firist or just go to sleep leaving your subcocious open. Please give me some feedback since you have done it before. I'm new on this site so i did't see when you were talking about it another time. thanks cristi

#35 AnythingButNormal

AnythingButNormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Science, history, museums, and the technical aspects of investigating the paranormal.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:21 AM

I have done astral travel (not projection) before and want to warn/enlighten those who may attempt to use my method. It is simple, but the most important part is to remember that you are all powerful much like in a dream. If your confronted with a problem visualize yourself having the equipment you need to overcome the situation. I will now relay my story and method to you.

The method is to visualize yourself staring into a well filled with a pitch black liquid. Stare into the liquid until everything else but blackness drifts from your mind. When you only feel blackness, then relax and let your astral self release from your body. You should see a silver cord trailing from your body and be engulfed in a world of blackness and mist. The mist will have shapes and forms that remind you of the physical world. I once soared over misty mountains, but have no idea where I was.

Now a story and a warning...

The silver cord is your life. Protect it from being severed at all costs. If it is broken, you may well find out why people die in their "dreams." I decided that I would take my wife with me once, so we held hands and laid on the bed while following the above method. In order to protect her, I tied our cords together. After doing so, we were hijacked. We ended up in a realm of absolute darkness, a void if you will.

I suddenly got the sensation that something wanted her soul. I tried to remain calm and she screamed saying, "something is after me!" I looked around the void (you seem to float in the Astral plane) and noticed some entity that looked like a ring wraith from Lord of the Rings flying towards her in the darkness, and I knew it was going to sever her cord. I visualized holding a sword encased in a glowing light, and took swings at the creature while flying towards it. It fled in absolute panic. I immediately followed the cord back to my body. We awoke, and she was able to tell the same story I have just told you from her viewpoint without my prompting. For those skeptics, if we were both "asleep" at the very least, we experienced a shared dream phenomenon; however, I know it was more than that. We were in the astral realm.

I urge anyone attempting astral travel to exercise extreme caution.
Investigator/Technical Manager: South Coast Paranormal Society, Augusta, GAwww.southcoastparanormalsociety.com

#36 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

What's the difference between astral travel and astral projection?

For some reason, I can't really help when it happens to me. I'll get a tingly feeling, and it gets more intense until I roll away from my body. It's been happening to me for a long time, and I usually don't get far, but I taught myself how to ignore physical barriers, like doors and walls, because it used to take me a long time to get out of my room and my house. Now I can usually just float away pretty easily. The last time that I did this was the first time that I meant to do it, creating that tingly feeling and leaving my body. I created a hole that I went through, and it led me to a large house on a rocky shore. I was on a deck by the shore, but I got scared when I saw someone standing on the deck, so I went back to my body.
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#37 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:14 AM

Daewan, in astral project it so happens that our astral body gets projected out of our physical body, this is of course the first step, astral travel means, we actually use that projected astral body to travel to fare away places.

Edited by MoonChild, 01 April 2010 - 03:18 AM.
those darn typos!

Posted Image

#38 Kristy

Kristy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:I will be updating my "interests" soon-lol.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

I've actually done this a few times and once had the presence of mind to look in a mirror! wow you can see your "self" and it's amazing- I saw a white thick mist figure (no shape to it at all) with tiny black hollow areas for "eyes" it wasn't scary looking at this but very peaceful-there were a few other "entities" behind me looking in the mirror too.
-geez reading this it sounds really crazy but I swear to you it's very real and true! :D

Kristy

Edited by Kristy, 05 April 2010 - 07:55 AM.

#39 Kristy

Kristy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:I will be updating my "interests" soon-lol.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:03 AM

I've actually done this a few times and once had the presence of mind to look in a mirror! wow you can see your "self" and it's amazing- I saw a white thick mist figure (no shape to it at all) with tiny black hollow areas for "eyes" it wasn't scary looking at this but very peaceful-there were a few other "entities" behind me looking in the mirror too.
-geez reading this it sounds really crazy but I swear to you it's very real and true! :D

Kristy

I have never ever met anyone horrible or "evil" maybe just a few lonely beings meandering around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users