• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:21 AM

what are the possibilities any of the people here used Atral Projection for Spirit contacts? What are precautions we need to take so as to "successfully" do the Astral Travel? I have heard where people have encountered the dark spirits who actually would try to take over our body if we are not careful while doing the Astral Projection? Does anyone have some concrete stories in here? What are your thoughts? What are the necessary needs to successfully accomplish the Astral Projection?
Posted Image

#2 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:23 AM

I have only successfully traveled astrally once, and didn't get very far before my sisters boyfriend barged in and turned on all the lights and exclaimed "What the heck is going on in here?" lol. I had candles going and was laying prone on top of the covers on my bed. It freaked him out. Haven't been able to do it again since.

I've always heard that you should envision a silver cord connecting your astral self to your physical body, in case you get lost in your travels. It would be like following a trail of bread crumbs home. I've also heard (and experienced that one time) that if you return to your body too quickly, it CAN cause some physical discomfort, almost like whiplash, where you are sore and stiff.

I've successful bi-located several times, which is a form of astral travel while still conscious of the environment around you.

Good topic.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#3 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:41 AM

I knew a guy who could project himself astrally, and the farthest he ever got was across the atlantic.  As far as I know he never ventured into the spirit world or used it as a method of spirit communication.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:43 PM

hi Ana, that is great! What were the "feelings" you had when you did the astral? What was it like?

hi Mel, did your friend told you how it felt like?
Posted Image

#5 MirkwoodMaiden

MirkwoodMaiden

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:19 AM

It's happened to me several times  ::P I hate it, for some reason it scares the crap out of me.  I've never even left my house in these instances because a lot of the time, it seems so real you don't even realize you're doing it until you really "wake up".

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:22 AM

well, but can't you try "consious" astral travel?
Posted Image

#7 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:25 AM

I never asked... which thinking back I should have done.  I did however ask how he did it, and I know it took a lot out of him.

He told me that he started off meditating then kind of visualised stepping out of himself and then the place he wanted to go...

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:21 AM

i guess visualization actually makes our mind DO things that are considered impossible!
Posted Image

#9 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:27 AM

It's pretty hard to describe what it feels like. I was laying there, imagining a small white light beginning at my toes. I'd imagine this until my toes would actually tingle a bit, then the light would expand and engulf another part of my body, and I would hold that image until I was tingling... so forth and so. It was a lengthy process, but in the end it felt like I was a puppet essentially, that I was moving without making myself move. I don't think I can describe it any better than that.

Bi-location was a bit different as you don't feel your body seperate, because, well... it' doesn't. All you are really doing is projecting your mind to a specific destination, but your astral body stays with you. So, it doesn't feel MUCH different from meditation.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#10 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:35 AM

ok... worried now in that I might have managed partial projection... I was doing as my friend had told me worked for him, and basically began to feel tingly- but instead of doing it gradually, it was all over.  Then it was like being very drunk, my limbs and head were heavy, but light at the same time.  I felt at the same time both bound and completly free...  but I didn't open my eyes so hmmm...

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:46 AM

wow, intresting! I am too to do astral someday soon. but basically am afraid if our mind is not strong enough, anything can happen, so I will better wait a while longer before trying it myself!
Posted Image

#12 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:varied too many to list

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:13 PM

I've tried astro projection maybe 4-5 times without separation, but was able to project my mind to a coworkers house, with their permission. Frightened them when I told them what they were doing, and where,lol. Bi-location I guess. (thanks for explanation of this Ana) never heard of this before.

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:19 PM

wow! what methods did you adopt to achieve this Lamuris?
Posted Image

#14 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:varied too many to list

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:21 PM

Hi MoonChild, hope this helps.I waited until no one was home to disturb me, so that I would feel secure from any distractions if I was able to separate. To begin, I relaxed and prepared myself by cleansing and further opening each chakra from the root to the crown by using visualization, while lying on my back on my massage table. My feet were facing South, the direction of Earth. I then pulled energy from my crown down to my root and grounded myself. At this time I started thinking of this person and imagined that I could easily be there. I allowed myself no doubt that this was not only possible but as easy as looking into the next room. Then I had a picture of this person as if I were observing what was going on. It was not like I astrally projected there but, more like my mind had expanded to be aware of this other place. My advice is to leave no doubt in your mind that you will succeed, and as in meditation, if doubt or stray thoughts invade let them, give them no energy.  

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:08 AM

yup, I will try it out. yeah, you are right on the "doubt" part :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users