• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:59 AM

What kind of experiences have you had with a Ouija/Talking/Spirit Board? Do you believe you successfully made contact?
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:03 PM

a good communication tool, provided we follow the basics right :)
Posted Image

#3 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:19 PM

Tried the online ones a few times, but nothing even slightly happened, and I can't visualize how anything ever would, online or not, so I guess it's not my kind of tool, but I'm not going to argue with those who get results that way.  Am I the only one who just uses dandelion root tea and meditation?  It seems a lot easier and you don't hear of people freaking themselves into becoming born-agains over it, either. Then again I've rarely heard of anyone besides me trying the obvious simple approach... Ordinarily I'd be skeptical of an herbal tea that makes you see spirits, but after researching and finding that it has no known hallucinogenic effect and is used in herbal medicine as a diuretic and vitamin supplement in much larger doses than for spirit communication, I decided to try it, figuring it would just be more of a symbolic thing that puts one in a more receptive frame of mind, but actually found it quite dramatically effective...I guess this should be in a different thread but I'm too shy to start one...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#4 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:29 PM

There is an online Quija Board????
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#5 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, I think there are a couple of them, actually...I can't remember the URL just now, but I found one of them on the same links site (darklinks.com) that I found GV on...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#6 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:56 PM

And they are supposed to be real spirits, but on line?
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#7 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:58 PM

I'm pretty skeptical of the online boards. But here's one of the many: http://www.cryptique...rtualboard.html
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#8 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:59 PM

Well, I figure the spirits aren't supposed to be attached to the board itself (though sometimes they can be), so they'd just talk to you through whatever board you're trying to use.  It doesn't specifically state either way, though.

#9 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:45 PM

I used a ouija board twice when I was in high school and thought it was a game and I had a bad experience with the board. And I myself would be thinking hard before touching another one.

If you are not ready for the board or you don't understand what doors it can open it can lead to touble for you.

#10 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:51 PM

I refuse to be in the same room with one and if I can avoid it, the same house.  I have had a very, very disturbing experience with one someone was playing with.  I don't ever want to be exposed to one again.  Even by accident.
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#11 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:04 PM

Online boards... that kind of made me laugh until I realized, what is the Internet but energy traveling from computer to computer? And what are spirits but energy?

Yosei... yarrow is a great herbal spirit concoction as well, although I've had great results with Dandelion. And dandelion tastes better  :)

I agree that it's always safer to try spirit communication via your own inherent abilities than through the use of outside tools, but I seek out danger and tend to go for those things that most people scoff at for lack of understanding.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#12 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 15 April 2004 - 07:40 PM

I was torn between a good comunication tool and a dangerous portal.

The danger increases if you feel uneasy about the board.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#13 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 08:09 PM

YAY! I agree totally. If you believe it strongly enough, it just might exist based on your will alone.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#14 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 08:27 PM

I have used a board, but I also found out you do not use one with someone who is joking around with it. I have seen the planchett go crazy if someone is not taking the board seriously.

#15 RCGH

RCGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:53 PM

Danger Danger Danger   Big Bad Wolf gonna blow your house down.  I've never been around the board but have heard about people playing with them and the outcome was not good.  so I'll stay away
It would be easier to rub a bobcats BAD_WORD with sandpaper than make me go up there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users