:)
Posted Image

#17 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 03:52 AM

Hey RCGH, trudy, and snoopymom, what exactly happened? What did you see/hear about that led you to your conclusion that they're dangerous?
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#18 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 05:33 AM

Well my quija board will proboly talk to me even thru the internet
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#19 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:38 AM

Online boards... that kind of made me laugh until I realized, what is the Internet but energy traveling from computer to computer? And what are spirits but energy?

Yosei... yarrow is a great herbal spirit concoction as well, although I've had great results with Dandelion. And dandelion tastes better  ;)

I agree that it's always safer to try spirit communication via your own inherent abilities than through the use of outside tools, but I seek out danger and tend to go for those things that most people scoff at for lack of understanding.

BB, Ana

Well, not only that, but since it's still your hand on the mouse moving( or being moved), why would it matter that the letters it points to are on a screen and not a wooden or paper board? Unless you just have technophobic ghosts... I have some yarrow at home, I just put it in a sachet since I wasn't sure how to prepare it.  Dandelion tastes *delicious*, though, I could drink that for pleasure if I wasn't worried that doing so would dull the effect.  I just tend to figure it's *easier* to rely on innate abilities and dislike making things complicated, quite apart from concerns of safety.  It seems like it'd certainly be easier for the *spirits* to talk directly via telepathy than to move my hand around...Maybe I just lack a flair for drama. :)
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#20 saneguy

saneguy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:34 PM

What I've always wondered about Ouija boards is if there's a difference between one that was made by someone with a connection with the spiritual world and those made by a toy company and sold at places like Toys R Us? I would think the ones that are mass produced like a board game would be harmless.
Posted Image

#21 SakuraRavenloft

SakuraRavenloft

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Location:x0|Central|USA||0|0|NY,New_Yorkx0|Central|USA||0|0|NY,New_York

Posted 16 April 2004 - 05:17 PM

Ouija boards are just plain trouble! You never know who you are contacting with until it's too late!

-Sakura

#22 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:26 AM

What's interesting this time around, is that I chose "not sure"  I say that because it is not based at all on the material part - The board itself.  It's based on you funneling through the board.  You can use a scratch piece of paper to the same degree of success as a "game" board ora  finely crafted one through some ritual.  I normally choose to say Dangerous- it's a no no, but if I truly think about it, then it would mean all forms of mediumship are a no no and dangerous.  This is something I don't feel is comepletey true.  True yes, all forms can be dangerous, but they can also be helpful.  I have had people I know use the board very effectively and frequently with no ill effects.  They took every conceivable precaution there could be and it seemed to work.  It always takes a ton of focus to not only allow them to work, but to allow them to work safely.  This is not a form of communication that one does alone.  This takes a group, with the majority doing nothing but making sure board user stays safe.

Great topic forum Jeff  now I have somewhere to post my pendulum info and report on my experiences!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#23 Diva

Diva

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:32 AM

I am a Psychic Medium and Spirit Communication is my specialty. Some friends wanted to try a Ouija board....I refused to use one that someone else owned and therefore bought my own.  I own an Angel Board. It's a fancier version of the Ouija. I don't care how it looks....it's just the same.

Ouija/Angel boards are not a toy. They can be a good tool for communication, however it depends on the people using them. If you are not trained, you can open up a whole can of worms that you might not be able to close!

I do a prayer of protection and ask my gatekeeper (used if you do channeling) for only the highest and finest spirits to communicate. Some times the board works, sometimes not. You see, that is a physical phenomena that occurs....it takes quite a bit of energy for a spirit to move the planchette. Because I am a Medium, the spirits normally choose to communicate through mental mediumship, it's easier for them and doesn't require as much ectoplasm.

People need to be aware of the fact that the board is a tool...how you use it is all that matters. If you are drinking and or getting high in any way, shape, or form, it will alter your aura and leave it looking like swiss cheese....this allows a lesser evolved spirit the opportunity to attach itself to you where there is an opening in your aura. This is how problems occur!

Whether you choose to use this tool or not, everyone should be either trained or aware of the rights and wrongs of using any tools to communicate.

#24 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:47 AM

Welcome to our wonderful world, Diva. Enjoy your stay with a great smnile :)

You have wise words. Without preoper knowhow, isn't anything a mess? But are people putting effort to KNOW?
Posted Image

#25 Afoxmorel

Afoxmorel

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Location:x1|Abilene|USA|usa|237|250|x1|Abilene|USA|usa|237|250|

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:39 PM

I think that if you don't  know what you are doing that a ouija board, or any other tool, would be dangerous.  It all depends on the person behind the tool.

#26 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:47 PM

I agree it is all in the way a board is used. I will not ever use one with someone who is not a true believer or who wants to joke around, it's just not safe. But I have used one with someone I knew I could trust and I was able to convey a message to a family from their son who had been killed ina car accident. They verified everything I told them so I knew the board had worked for the good on that occasion.It isn't something you want to joke around with ever!

#27 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:45 AM

I've been told by a psychic to use one to enhance my skills. So I purchased the pathfinder board. I 've tried it alone, and with others and never could get it to work. my guides must be protecting me.
But my biggest pet peeve is that parker brothers sells this as a game, and we all know how many people have used it without protecting themselves. I've done many investigations where the kids in the house have used it, and opened up some doorways best left unopened. Why can't parker brothers or other makers of these boards use a little common sense and add in the directions to protect yourself. grrrrrrr

#28 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:58 PM

This IS true MizzMo. But again, the large percentage of people who look at it as a game have nothing at all happen other than pushing the planchette around themselves as a joke. Most of the time, if you see it a certain way, that's the way it'll be.

I, personally, never use the board with someone who sees it as a joke, but that's not out of fear. It's more a respect for those who communicate through this tool.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#29 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:46 AM

I've used the board in the past, and although have had some good AND bad experiences, the good has far outweighed the bad. To be honest, I'm always amazed when I hear of the 'horror' stories based on using the board, cause I'm going, well, hell...why didn't I ever get something that interesting to happen?? lol Not that I'm an adrenline junkie by any means (I AM a rabbit, after all, lol), but my experiences are rather tame to others I've read and I've often wondered just what kind of person 'attracts' these less than placid spirits, lol. But I do agree that you must always show respect for any tool you're using, and also, that the board is much like a car...in the proper hands of a knowledgeable soul, it is a great means of getting to a destination, but in the hands of someone who's NOT all there, or refuses to abide by the rules, it's very dangerous and potentially harmful. But yeah, I'd love to hear any and all stories anyone wishes to share of their experiences! ;D

And cool, yos and ana...never thought about using dandelion tea before...lol. Gotta try that as I love me some teas! :)

#30 Frozenmolecules1

Frozenmolecules1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location:x0|Fayetteville, N.C.|USA||0|0|NC,North_Carolinax0|Fayetteville, N.C.|USA||0|0|NC,North_Carolina

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:58 AM

Ouiji boards are bad. My surrogate mother has the ability to channel spirits, and I can usually see and hear them, and we decided to experiment with a Ouiji board several times. We have never had a problem getting spirits to communicate, although we found that those we usually do get are easily frustrated (due to the added strain of having to communicate in such a fashion) and some have even become violent.
It created a door into our home, and through it a wraith (evil spirit who feeds off suffering) was able to enter and possess two in our household. We have since destroyed the board, which was not easy.
For those of you who wish to use one, I suggest you follow certain steps.
Cast a permanent circle in the area which you plan to use the board. Light white candles for positive energy and only call to specific spirits, those whom you knew in life. Never remove the board from said circle.
If seeking to destroy a board in your home, make an x with rosemary oil across the surface and weight down with a rock before tossing into a large body of water.
I know that sounds kind of extreme, but after what my family went through, I've learned not to take chances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users