• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:35 AM

I agree with Ana, you will hear many different answers when it comes to Quija boards. Personally mine is with me even when the board is not around. I could use a piece of paper and draw it out and it would work just as fine.

I just wonder sometimes who is she but I know she was sent to me for good reasons. Kind of like my very own angel.
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#62 Brianna

Brianna

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Location:x1|Canton|USA|usa|505|93|CT,Connecticutx1|Canton|USA|usa|505|93|CT,Connecticutx1|Canton|USA|usa|505|93|CT,Connecticutx1

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:42 AM

I was a skeptic of Ouija before, but about a year ago my mom told me how she used to use one with her family all the time. We decided to try it and it became a nightly thing for a while, we came into contact with a spirit claiming to be my grandfather (I say claiming because you can never be sure!) Still, even though we are pretty comfortable with the whole thing we are very careful with it and we don't play games!
.·:*¨ `·-.· .·:*¨¨*:·.-.·:*¨ `·-.· Brianna .·:*¨ `·-.· .·:*¨¨*:·.-.·:*¨ `·-.·

#63 raychel77

raychel77

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:51 PM

can anyone help me out? i cant stop thinking about it and its drivin me crazy- is it possible for "future" things to happen on oiuja? see my postings above - i would love to hear any feedback or info anyone has - thanks :)

#64 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:38 AM

i would never ever use a ouija board - i'm not sure if they DO work or not but i really wouldnt want to try it.

if you contacted a loved one that has passed away, and you get this spirit coming through on the board - how do you know for sure it is your loved one???

i have heard too many story of people getting really messed up by using them.

i had read something years ago about this woman had been using a ouija board and had contacted this spirit boy called tim who wouldnt leave her alone and she kept hearing him telling her when she would die - eventually her mind got so messed up she ended up in the loonly bin.

if someone said they were bringing a ouija board over to my house - i wouldnt let them in the door!!!

im sure some people have had good experiences with them - but how long is it until you get a bad experience???
Posted Image

#65 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:38 AM

can anyone help me out? i cant stop thinking about it and its drivin me crazy- is it possible for "future" things to happen on oiuja? see my postings above - i would love to hear any feedback or info anyone has - thanks :clap:

Hi darlin, It seems possible to me, here is a familly story of the Ouija:
Early on in my grandmothers third pregnancy in 1951 she, my great
auntie Loretta and my great grandma used an old ouija board to ask if it would
be a boy or a girl. The planchette moved and spelled out T-W-I-N-S. They asked
several more times and it wouldn't give them any other answer but twins.
7 months later my Twin uncles were born. Here is the real catch, never during her
entire pregnancy did her doctor detect twins! Until that is, they were born.
My great grandma never went near a board again, she just thought it was a fun game
until the boys were born...

Edited by spooksareus, 19 March 2006 - 11:40 AM.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#66 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:08 PM

What I've always wondered about Ouija boards is if there's a difference between one that was made by someone with a connection with the spiritual world and those made by a toy company and sold at places like Toys R Us? I would think the ones that are mass produced like a board game would be harmless.

It doesn't matter how it was made or who made it.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#67 lissasoldhouse

lissasoldhouse

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Cheerleading,Tumbling,Music,SystemOfADown,Supernatural Stuff,GHOSTVILLAGE!<br /><br />THE JONAS BROTHERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:19 PM

last weekend my friend marisa jenny and i were using a oujia board. we asked it wut its name was and it said Matt. at first i thought they were pushing the maginifying thing..Then it asked if i was a cheerleader. i had gotton on the cheerleading team the day before and hadent told them yet. I did even tell them i tryed out! it was a little creepy :Spaz:
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" name="flashplayer" src="http://i251.photobuc...Disney World!!" quality="high" width="260" height="210" swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="samedomain"></embed><br><a href="http://www.wishafrie...com/countdown/" target="new">

#68 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:25 AM

spooksareus - that is a really good story about the ouija board knowing that she was going to have twins.

i dont blame her for not going near another one again!!!

cool story :)
Posted Image

#69 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:52 AM

spooksareus - that is a really good story about the ouija board knowing that she was going to have twins.

i dont blame her for not going near another one again!!!

cool story :)

Thanks Rat Girl, yeah my gran loved to share that story whenever great gran was around, just to watch her squirm :(

Edited by spooksareus, 20 March 2006 - 10:53 AM.

#70 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:44 AM

im sure some people have had good experiences with them - but how long is it until you get a bad experience???

Not long sometimes...

Edited by spooksareus, 20 March 2006 - 11:45 AM.

#71 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

I think there is a place for them. Our group has used them successfully. I actually didnt believe they worked until I used it and experienced it for myself. You can tell the difference when someone is faking it and when its the real deal. When it is actually spirit yoiu can feel the twitching power come from the planchette and it feels different. You also experience other sensations at the same time. For me, my head starts tingling on the left side and then I feel a pulsating in my finger that runs through to the planchette and then the planchette starts to twitch a little at first and then it starts to move slowly a few centimetres left and right and then it starts to move around the board slowly and then settles. This is what happens most of the time unless you get an idiot(spirit) on the board and then it behaves stupidly and spells stupidly and then we say bye bye. We do have a naughty tapper spirit come on sometimes and he pretends its not him. He gives himself away because he taps on top of the board first and then the planchette moves. The answers he gives are typical of this spirit. When we ask if it is him he then 'fesses' up lol

I would never allow my teens to use it. I have had the 14yo question me on it when I was discussing it and I just said nevermind. It must be used sensibly.
I feel that the ouija is just another means of communication just the same as spirits tapping or doing whatever they will to get answers across. I think there is a real stigma attached to them which is a little over the top. So what if the planchette goes berserk and flies off the board. If you have been on a really active investigation you will get spirit doing the same thing with other stuff. Some personalities just dont quite know how to conduct themselves. :lol:

#72 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:09 PM

I would never allow my teens to use it. I have had the 14yo question me on it when I was discussing it and I just said nevermind. It must be used sensibly.
I feel that the ouija is just another means of communication just the same as spirits tapping or doing whatever they will to get answers across. I think there is a real stigma attached to them which is a little over the top. So what if the planchette goes berserk and flies off the board. If you have been on a really active investigation you will get spirit doing the same thing with other stuff. Some personalities just dont quite know how to conduct themselves. :(

Some people don't have the ability to cope with it and shouldn't ever
be on any investigation let alone messing around with automatic writing etc.
Teens never should, people on certain meds never should either.
Nervous types it goes without saying never should, nor should overly cocky
people who don't know anything about spirit chaneling automatic writing or
ouija boards. Anybody who thinks it a childs game should think twice.

#73 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

I feel that the ouija is just another means of communication just the same as spirits tapping or doing whatever they will to get answers across. I think there is a real stigma attached to them which is a little over the top. So what if the planchette goes berserk and flies off the board. If you have been on a really active investigation you will get spirit doing the same thing with other stuff. Some personalities just dont quite know how to conduct themselves. :Spaz:

Some people don't have the ability to cope with it and shouldn't ever
be on any investigation let alone messing around with automatic writing etc.
Teens never should, people on certain meds never should either.
Nervous types it goes without saying never should, nor should overly cocky
people who don't know anything about spirit chaneling automatic writing or
ouija boards. Anybody who thinks it a childs game should think twice.

I used to enjoy my oujia board, now i don't use it. i realize with all of my meds, and health issues i am extremely vulnerable. while i miss uising it, i am aware of the risks associated with anyone using a oujia board, let alone someone in my position.
i have a story... i was at a party and we were doing all of the light as a feather stiff as a board, and sand man, cat scratch thing. we got bored of that so i pulled out the oujia board, some girls were really scared so they told us to leave the lights on, we started communicating and the power went out. was it coincidental, or what. we'll never know, but it sure did give us the creeps!!
Love life.

#74 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:41 PM

Good for you kiddo...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users