Haunted places in/around Carlisle, Pa

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

A friend of mine is coming out from Ohio next weekend, and wouldn't mind seeing some haunted places in the area (Read: I'm dragging his arse around the area). I've already told him he and his mom are going to see the McCollough house in Newville, Newville itself since it's a nexus, Dykeman's Pond in Shippensburg, and Children's lake in Boiling Springs. I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas for places he shouldn't miss while he's here. It might help if I let ya know beforehand that I'm not completely familiar with the area, even though I've lived her for 18 of my 20 years.

Thanks in advance!
Kat

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#2 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

Thanks to an unexpected workload, he'll be coming out Nov. 3rd...

Posted Image

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#3 allege

allege

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:42 PM

How about the old Indian school. I actually want to visit that as I have family members that attended the "school".

And your not that far from Gettysburg what 20 miles or so?
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -Edgar Allan Poe

#4 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

Thereabouts. And funnily enough, live 'bout a quarter to half a mile from the Indian School. Dunno if we'd be able to get a tour. But thanks for reminding me about Gettysburg. I'll have to get them both out to Devil's Den, and of the major hills. (forget what they're called off hand...)

Posted Image

#5 allege

allege

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:10 PM

Little Round Top, Big Round Top, and Culps hill were the big ones. Might want to take them to the railroad cut there on the battle field because just a few years ago they found even more soldiers bodies there at the railroad cut. (Well actually a tourist found them)
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -Edgar Allan Poe

#6 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

Ooo, cool! Gettysburg is definatly gettin' a day of it's own when he manages to come out. Nov. 3rd is kinda iffy atm... :weeee: But thanks for the hills! I might take him out to the Eisenhower farmhouse. (Yes, it was owned by them for awhile, just don't know if it's haunted, seein' as I was there like, once.)

Posted Image

#7 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

Wyatt's coming out Nov. 10th-12th. Still like to know if there's any decent haunted places in the area.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users