Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

How open are you about believing in ghosts?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Believing

When it comes to admitting to others that you believe in ghosts/spirits, how quickly do you do it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 SpiderMeema

SpiderMeema

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:42 AM

I picked number 3, but it isn't quite true of me, either. I WANT it to be true because I don't fancy people thinking me crazier than they already do, but then I'm not overly concerned how people I barely know view me. I keep it quiet in the apartment complex where we live, because the "ghosts" I see live here, too, and I don't want peopl.e looking at us oddly, but even more don't want people to be to know the place is "haunted" for the sake of the "ghosts." (I put the words I put in quotes because I'm not real sure whether what we have is ghosts or visitors from outer space or what, but I have no doubt they're here. I don't doubt what I've seen . . . and my boyfriend has seen them, too. At least one other person who lived h ere saw them and WAS branded crazy, but there are certain people who know this place isn't "normal."

Anyway, I would LIKE to be reticent about it, but I'm a chatterbox and since we moved in here in April I have blurted it out to the girl at the photo dept at Walgreens (because I wanted every picture on the film I was having developed to BE developed.) And I told my doctor (GP not psychiatrist) who seemed quite interested in the news and not just because he was mentally measuring me for a straitjacket, I hope. The "ghosts" are better than the neighbors elsewhere I used to tell him about, lol.

DonaQ

Good to see you here!

Hopefully this will al workout!

Spider
http://thehauntedpickle@myblog.com

#32 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:52 AM

I picked, I tell only those very close to me, only cause the other options were not there. I do talk openly about it but I don't just go outside and yell how I believe in ghost and spirits. If IM with friends I might joke "OH lets go to a cemetery tonight" I do tell friends and my neighbors for the most part know, but being I do foster care sometimes people are closed minded and consider you weird or ready for a therapist if you tell them about this so there are times I have to watch whom I tell.
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#33 SpiderMeema

SpiderMeema

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:05 AM

I picked, I tell only those very close to me, only cause the other options were not there. I do talk openly about it but I don't just go outside and yell how I believe in ghost and spirits. If IM with friends I might joke "OH lets go to a cemetery tonight" I do tell friends and my neighbors for the most part know, but being I do foster care sometimes people are closed minded and consider you weird or ready for a therapist if you tell them about this so there are times I have to watch whom I tell.

I can understand completely! I am a a retired medical social worker, and this is just not acceptable by the mainstream. I have so many experiences to share, yet I have to be careful whom I tell.
People are just not ready to face that there is the possibility of an active "afterlife", whether it is due I don't think this has just to religious back grounds, or just plain old ignorance. I am just happy there are places like this that one is able to utilize. We have only to remember, we have just touched the tip of the proverbial ice berg. the possibilities are endless.!!!

#34 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

I honestly didn't pick any of them. I mean, if somebody asks, I'll tell them, but I don't go around, broadcasting it. I don't believe in ghosts, per se (like, you know..."bedsheets" or Caspar kind of ghosts...?), but I do believe in spirits. I believe in the next life, rather than the after life. Spirits you can feel or see or just become aware of are pretty much spirits or souls that haven't continued to the next life. There is another thread, where a member posted the question about what "you" would want to do, as a ghost. Most of the people responded that they'd do something mischievous, and that's how most people become aware of spirits that haven't continued to their next being. Then, there are other souls that are just plain angry or evil, and they want to hurt someone for one reason or another. Those are the most famous "ghosts", because they are more than willing to let their presence be known. They get the most publicity.
Beannacht ort

#35 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:34 PM

I am not really open in talking about my beliefs unless its on a site such as this. If someone told me they were a believer I may tell them too. Then again I am very new at all this. Just came aboard in the believing side since April, ask me a year or 2 from now I may be more open to tell people. Then again I have a family of disbelievers! Well, one that may come around the other one I will not try to convince! :weeee:

#36 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:20 PM

I'm not afraid to tell, if someone thinks I'm crazy so be it!
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#37 Sweetspirit4ever

Sweetspirit4ever

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

I'm a believer, and I like to tell people. I don't tell them the first time I meet them, but it doesn't take me long. I don't care if people think I'm strange lol. If they do I don't want to be around them anyways. I like to be myself. :ghost:
Posted Image

#38 shashimi

shashimi

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:31 PM

lately i've been having a lot of ghost/supernatural conversations. i'm not hesitant at all to tell people i am a believer!

#39 Ditz

Ditz

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:drinking, smoking, tattoos, piercings, drawing, recording, witchcraft (im wiccan)

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:41 AM

I'm pretty open about being a believer but I will wait until I've got to know someone first. My housemates ridicule me for believing (they are die hard skeptics) but another guy who came round, a friend from college, also spotted our resident spook and thinking it was our house mate he went to investigate just to make sure. It wasn't until I told him that the house was haunted that he mentioned he'd seen a guy walked around downstairs in either a long coat or a robe. Our house mate always walks around in a robe but does not give off a golden aura so we decided to try to catch something on camera. Unfortuantly the motion sensor camera our house mate lent me in order to catch our other house mate stealing has stopped working and my camera is at my dads at the moment so I wont be able to catch something decent until after xmas. Most of the people I've told about my believing has been more curious than skeptical though. The fact that I live in a haunted house causes them to be sympathetic bless 'em lol. VCery few people have had a laugh at my expense so I remain open about it all.

#40 Willem

Willem

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:37 AM

I voted "I tell only those very close to me". I still haven't quite sorted iout my own beliefs in things like ghosts, so I only talk to those closest to me about them.

#41 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:52 PM

I didn't vote, because none of it applies to me really. I don't go to people and tell them ghosts and demons are real unless they bring it up first, or the situation demands the bringing up of the subject, like when a teenager is terrified of getting scratched up while saying their nightly prayers, etc.

Normally, when I encounter somebody who hog-washes or is filled with an abundance of skepticism during such events, I am very envious of them, and I tell them so.

"I really envy that," I say. And then I explain usually, "Unlike you, the ability to choose to believe or not has been taken away from me for a long time. I can't disbelieve in ghosts and demons anymore than you can disbelieve being here with me right now."

And yes, I envy it considerably.

Usually people are ready for the discussion by the time they get to me on it, because they have been involved with the paranormal a lot too. I don't go trying to convince people, I have no need of it. They usually get convinced themselves, and most of the time, in an unpleasant environment.

#42 Electra Rain

Electra Rain

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I'm a writer of the Horror, Goth, Dark Fantasy genre.<br />You can check out my poetry at:<br /><br />http://www.editred.com/electra73<br /><br />or visit my Writer's Portfolio (My Webpage)

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

I guess my occupation says it all, so why would I hold back, why not tell people regardless wither they believe or not. I've come to realize that skeptics fear what they do not know, most of the time they avoid me or shrug their shoulders, confused over why I would want to waste my time writing about what they consider to be grabbage, but sometimes I'm fortunate to come across people who open up and tell me their encounter's with the paranormal. Although, we're all human and entitled to our own opnion's, I do not feel ashamed or scoff what other's think about what I do for a living. :) To each their own is my moto

'Creative Dreaming'Author: Electra Rainhttp://www.helium.co...t-motion-follow

#43 midnightangel

midnightangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, anything Paranormal, graphics and having fun.

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

I agree Electra, it's up to them whether they want to believe or not. I do believe, though I've never had any of my own experiences really, other than a few possible orbs I've photographed and feelings I've had.
Yours in Darkness, Midnight AngelPosted Image

#44 sleepyguy

sleepyguy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

I voted that I tell people after meeting them a few times, but it isnt something I just bring up. I know lots of people whom I have known for a while that I have never discussed something like this with. Granted, I would be much less likely to tell a complete stranger than I would someone who I knew a little bit. If the topic comes up, I let my stance be known. If it doesn't then I usually do not bring it up out of the blue.

#45 Electra Rain

Electra Rain

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I'm a writer of the Horror, Goth, Dark Fantasy genre.<br />You can check out my poetry at:<br /><br />http://www.editred.com/electra73<br /><br />or visit my Writer's Portfolio (My Webpage)

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

Telling someone right away, later or not at all is really a form of preference. I know and respect that some people are weary of how another person will or would react to such a subject. I myself on the other hand had came to a conclusion long ago that accepting who I am and what I'm most passionate about outweight's anyone's judgment about my frame of mind. If someone considered me crazy just because I highly believed in something they did not, than I would have to respect that and move on, but I do not allow what other's think to altar my preception. I am who I am and I do what I do.

'Creative Dreaming'Author: Electra Rainhttp://www.helium.co...t-motion-follow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users