21 replies to this topic

#1 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 16 April 2004 - 06:19 AM

I am a bit "long in the tooth" compared to most of the members here, but perhaps that allows me to step back and honestly evaluate what is involved in paranormal research.  I have had interaction with spirits, but am of two minds in shareing the experiences.  I do not want to encourage our younger members to lightly experiment with spirits, or to accidently choose a path without thinking about the possible results of their actions.

A wise friend once told me, "Be careful what you wish for.  Once the door is opened it cannot be closed again!"  I freely chose to open that door,  to research what was and wasn't true about the dead.  Armed with an infrared camera I jumped into paranormal research.  Since that time I have photographed the dead, recorded evp and helped spirits cross over.  The involvement, and the ability to perceive the dead deepened into physically seeing, physically hearing, physically touching and being touched by spirits.  One can never really can know what is "being careful", or "not going to far" in the unknown world of the dead.  

I have held spirits in my hand, with IR photos taken, and I have allowed a few spirits to "merge" with me.  They have intertwined while within and touched my very soul to the point of becoming "one" for limited periods.  When certain things were communicated to me from the dead that wasn't to my liking, I tried to withdraw completely from spirit contact.

It doesn't work that way at all.  Remember, Once the door is opened it CANNOT be closed again!  Think about what you REALLY want before you decide to open that door!  I went into this with my eyes open to this very possibility and will now probably continue my research.  Not really that much choice left when one finds themself on a oneway street.

I will share this much.  The driving question that I originally asked when I began paranormal research has been abundantly answered.  That is:   There is no death.

If you try some of the things that will eventually be presented on this board, just be aware of what you are doing- it's a choice.  ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:29 AM

I am a bit "long in the tooth" compared to most of the members here,

hello looooong tooth ;)

A wise friend once told me, "Be careful what you wish for.  Once the door is opened it cannot be closed again!"

Nothing could have been wiser inwords buddy. WE ALL SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT WE ASK FOR, for it is what we get. Whether it is in life, or in the spiritual realms.

When certain things were communicated to me from the dead that wasn't to my liking, I tried to withdraw completely from spirit contact.

I guess what we need to achieve is to elevate our own strengths, the POWER OF THE CONSIOUS MIND - THE GATEKEEPER, so that the outside interferance could be neutralized.

If you try some of the things that will eventually be presented on this board, just be aware of what you are doing- it's a choice.  ;)

CHOICE - the greates and most powerful of the God given gifts to man kind. We do have a choice always, but are we wise enough to realize the power of choice?
Posted Image

#3 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:19 AM

Great words Flying, and truly the words I must think about myself before I come to the final decision about my method of mediumship.  
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:42 AM

Usually what happens for MOST people is that, "curiosity-killed-a-cat" syndrome. Without preoper indepth knowledge, nor a will to know things right way, they get into all non sensical approach and end up at the wrong side.
Posted Image

#5 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 10:54 AM

Hm..for me it went the other way...seeing, touching, and feeling spirits( not *that* often, if it had happened outside of specific places/situations where it made sense to some degree I'd have been obliged to conclude mental illness) led to paranormal and (more important from my view) spiritual study.  The scientific side is something I don't think we have the ability to really work with effectively yet unfortunately...I mean the problem, for instance, with photographing ghosts that I've noticed is that, even if you see one manifested in front of you, it tends to look either like one of several common camera malfunctions/errors or( I've often heard) like a regular living person, so how would we ever know which is which?  So I'm obliged to just go with 'if other people saw the same thing as I did without me telling them what I saw, then I must not have imagined it'...this is getting far afield from what the original poster was talking about, I guess...just a lot of ramblings triggered by the( to me) surprising thought that some people have to intentionally open a door...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#6 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 02:30 PM

Oh, but Moon...curiosity may have killed the cat...but satisfaction DID bring it back! ;)

But yes, overall, I DO agree that caution will be your most valuable tool in time. And once you open that door, know that as wonderful as what may be shown, keep in mind that not ALL is what appears to be. For me, I KNOW that there is no death, for there is no such thing as an absolute 'end'...and truly, I think it's marvelous and that knowledge gives me hope everyday in my life.

#7 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:03 AM

Hi Yosei,

I also considered mental illness, but the voices in my head kept telling me I was normal ...........................
.........................JUST KIDDING!

Actually, IR photography opens up a whole new world that was technically unavailable to the average working Joe till a few years ago.  Spirits seem to reflect and/or emit near infrared very well indeed.  If you are curious about what is possible with near infrared equipement, check out my site www.phantomsinthedark.com . You might be surprised.  ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:28 AM

yup Shellas, opening the door can be very dangerous, when you are not too sure what to ask for. There is another thread where someone has mentioned that the door is always open. I too agree with that. But the way I see it is - the door is always open, but the DOOR within ourself is the one we are mentioning here. The opening of the door is like having an intrest in something, and what happens when we play around for the thrill, and not with enough knowledge?

as for phantomsinthedark site, am not surprised at all - ;) I was when I first saw it more than an year ago ;)

I am also planning to take up spiritography in the coming days when I get my digicam. lets see what I can encounter with lol
Posted Image

#9 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:49 AM

Of course you are right Moon. The "Door" is a metaphor for the ability to focus (meditative state)and the ability to accept what comes through it.

Once you develop the ability to truly perceive what is around you, the spirits will try to communicate through you - whether you want to or not.  So the "door" cannot be closed again.

I am looking forward to seeing the pics you take! ;D

#10 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 11:07 AM

Hi Yosei,

I also considered mental illness, but the voices in my head kept telling me I was normal ...........................
.........................JUST KIDDING!

Actually, IR photography opens up a whole new world that was technically unavailable to the average working Joe till a few years ago.  Spirits seem to reflect and/or emit near infrared very well indeed.  If you are curious about what is possible with near infrared equipement, check out my site www.phantomsinthedark.com . You might be surprised.  ;)

IR photography does seem like it would perhaps work better than normal photographs for this kind of thing.  I have a great deal of experience with regular photography, so that's  how I'm familiar with how easy it is is to fool a normal camera...of course you're still having to trust the investigator's word that there isn't something physical there, but it would eliminate so many of the ambiguous things that come with regular photos.  BTW, while we're on the subject of spirit communication...several times while I've been typing here on GV I've looked back at my sentences and found something totally different than what I've been typing...so far nothing that amounts to a real 'message', but not gibberish that would result from mistyping, either...I'm beginning to wonder what's up with that!  
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#11 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:21 AM

Opening doors is one thing, but how many of you actually protect yourself from spirits who follow you home? If you are a sensitive, your chances for spirit contact is great, but whos to say that once that spirit, or others who know you can sense them, whether good, bad or lost, won't follow you home. I am guilty of not always protecting myself before and after investigations. But my guides do take good care of me, not always can they stop attachments from happening, and I have brought things home with me. This is something that really needs to be taught to those who decide, hey ya, I wanna go into a creepy ol cemetery at night just for the experience.
Some simple ways would be to imagine yourself in creators white light. Ask that light to protect you, to guide you. Simple prayers depending on your belief system before you go into an aleged haunted area. Grounding yourself beforehand by imagining a white cord leaving your body, going into mother earth, spreading, making roots, going deep into the ground. Or holding some black tourmaline, or hematite beforehand also helps ground you. But don't pack or wear the grounding stone while investigating if you want to experience spiritual contact. Now don't knock tools, but wearing amethyst will also protect you. Burning some white sage, or any dry sage if you don't have the white sage before you climb into a car, will also cleanse you from any attachments. Burn this sage, and run it around your body, and everyone elses. They will and do get into the car with you and go home.

#12 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:12 AM

OH yes they do ;) , in fact Whisper was aware of "Roy" who tagged along for the ride form one end of a cemetery to another ;).

It's something that should be taught first quite honestly. and it's not a solo thing either.

#13 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:13 AM

It is definately not a toy.  I would nver consider it if my low self was not willing or not prepared for it.  

#14 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:33 AM

I completely agree, it is something that should be taught to those who go on these kinds of adventures of hoping to make some kind of contact with entities. But, will they listen?

#15 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:36 AM

I pretty much smudge everything in my house including my hair and clothes on a monthly basis anyway, just for the negative energy from daily life.  Maybe that's why most of my paranormal encounters have been pleasant experiences?  Well, that and I kind of suspect paranormal investigators, like cops, would tend to run across a disproportionate number of the nastier types.  No one calls an investigator to see about unexplained good feelings in a house, after all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users