• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 12:59 PM

I don't think any kind of tool is necessary for spirit communication at all.  Since spirits are around us all the time, everywhere we are, they hear everything we're saying, and thinking and doing.  It's not an invasive kind of thing, it's just the way things are.  And there are certain spirits who WANT to communicate with us, like your spirit teachers or relatives who have passed on.  And communication is going on all the time, you just have to be aware of it.  The communication comes in the form of raps.  The code is usually: 1 for yes, 2 for no, 3 for something set in motion.  It's not setting out to communicate either, how many times have i heard raps when i'm talking to someone, or heard raps when I'm thinking.  You just have to be aware of them, but you can easily condition yourself to notice these raps.  It happens ALL THE TIME.  And thoughts that are put into your mind, kind of like hearing someone talking to you.  

This is not meant in any disrespect to flyingorb or any other, but I think saying "Once the door is opened, it cannot be closed" is rather melodramatic.  The door has never been closed.  The portals exist, the links exist, there's nothing special about it.  Awareness is probably the key, but anyone can do it.  It is not just for special people.

And if you're really lucky, and your spirits are loving and strong, they will touch you.  Just light, little strokes, or caressing your hair.  To me, that's the ultimate communication.  Because it's done with so much love.  
petunia4998

#2 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:56 PM

I can be sitting here at my computer and I can feel someone touching my hair or my left hand when I'm not using it or a slightly harder breeze across my face or neck and I love it. That's why I have never been scared of the spirits I have in my home.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:20 AM

This is not meant in any disrespect to flyingorb or any other, but I think saying "Once the door is opened, it cannot be closed" is rather melodramatic.  The door has never been closed.  The portals exist, the links exist, there's nothing special about it.  Awareness is probably the key, but anyone can do it.  It is not just for special people.

you are right there. And also that when we talk about opening the door, it is not literary opening of the door, but making use or focussing on how to use it.
Posted Image

#4 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:35 AM

No offense taken, GV is about sharing your opinions and experiences with others.  We all learn in our own way and our own time and only accept that which is within our personal belief structure.

The "Door" is closed to most people.  It's a matter of being able to focus and become calm within yourself to the point of perceiving the whispers of the dead around us.  Some folks need a "tool" to focus into this medative state, such as a crystal or reflection in a bowl of water (it can be many things), others can achieve it without an external "tool".  It is also necessary to amend your personal belief structure so that you can accept whatever is offered to you! LoL Once you can achieve this state the "Door" cannot be closed again.  Spirits seem to be able to perceive those who have ability and will strive to get through to those individuals.  We are all special people petunia, but most folks are too involved in their daily lives to really perceive that which surrounds them.

"Raps" are not the only means of communication with spirits.  Many of them will readily use technology such as photography, EVP, ITC, or clairaudience and physical manifestations just to name a few.

There are many folks who do NOT want to deal with spirit communication, such as my wife *snickers*!  My post was intended to make folks think before embarking on a path that they really haven't thought through fully.  Once you are open to spirit communication (contrary to opinions considered stylish by some)not all the beings you encounter will be loving, or relatives, or spirit guides.  They are in death as they were in life and some are quite nasty and wearing.  Some were never human.  Food for thought [smiley=cwm1.gif]
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#5 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:52 AM

Aye Flying, I think there are many forms, Rapping is just one more form. A spirit or ghost will use whatever forms it feels work best or feels will work at that point.  Giving a spirit or ghost (especially ghosts) a conduit in order to communicate through usually will "open them up".  I suppose you could also give them a choice- rapping, board, pendulum, medium, etc..

This is the part I can't wait to deal with ;)
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#6 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:50 AM

I wouldn't look at it like the door is closed. Look at it as the door is ajar.
I believe we are all born with the ability to see, to hear and to feel spirit. We just need to fine tune some of these senses in more. Here are some ways to practice fine tuning our senses in. You can do this whenever you think about it, whether doing housework, driving, or shopping.

Working on our seeing: When you're thinking about it, try to see further than your visual. Notice the tree line a mile away, try to see what kind of buildings are there. This next one I don't recommend while driving.
Now that you've noticed things further, focus on looking forward, but now you are trying to see whats on either side of you without moving your eyes from the forward position. With practice, you'll be able to focus more on the side stuff. We see shadows and such from the side vision, right? Well fine tuning this in, we'll be able to see these shadows and such better.

Hearing: You notice sounds happening around you. Cars, dogs, birds, kids. Now try and hear whats beyond these sounds. Can you hear those cars 4 blocks over. Tune in on the dog barking a half mile away, one mile away. Extending ourselves further beyond our range, will increase our hearing abilities more to hear the low ends sounds not always heard with our ears.

Feeling: Most of us can feel the presence of a ghost or spirit already. When you go thru the list of what your feeling, and know its not wind, a fan, or cold house, you'll be able to recognise the feelings as not human made. When your scalp tingles, or itches for no reason, either right or left side, this is most likely your guides making contact.( my understanding is left side for female guides, right for male guides) When  a ghost or spirit comes near, you will shiver, almost with electricity. This can happen on either left or right side of your body, depending on the approach of the entity. You'll be able to recognise a touch. When something all of a sudden makes sense, or you've answered your own question, (theres many different ways to get here)you may feel a whole body shiver. I call them chivers. This is called a validation, and its from our guidance. Guides, teachers, divine beings. They validate to you the that thought, or realization you made is correct.

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:54 AM

my idea is that the door is closed from our side, where the eternity is always open. depending on our own belief's we open the door to a place where we receive what we hoped for.
Posted Image

#8 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:16 AM

I guess Moonchild, this would depend on our teachings.
When we are born, the door is wide open. We see, and hear much more than when we get older because we were just in the spirit world. For the most part, we are taught as we grow up, that those things are just our imagination. Our imaginary friends, are just that, imaginary. When this happens, often times, we miss the boat on continuing to see and hear spirit depending on our upbringing. Theres been recorded events where young children have seen their deceased relative in spirit around them. Even when they've never met them.
So my thoughts are, the door is wide open when we come into this world, and slowly begins to move towards the closed position unless we acknowledge whats around us spiritually. I don't feel it completely closes, but remains open a bit for when we do wish to learn about spirit. We all will have our own beliefs and interpretations about this, so its this we have to put our faith in.

#9 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:23 AM

Yup, I think the machanics are the same, but the analogies are going to be different.  The Beginning, middle and end are all the same, just different analogies to get there.

Or is ith the machanics that are different, but the foundation is the same.... I'm so confused!  Like that takes any work ;)
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#10 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:45 AM

Yeppers, my thoughts exactly.

#11 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:23 PM

I guess that I am very lucky, because my parents would talk about seeing ghost or spirits especially in an old farm house we lived in when I was a child. My father told us about seeing an elderly gentleman open the attic door in my parents room and go up the stairs and once in a while it sounded like someone walking around. Nut I was never frightened by this I guess because it didn't frighten my parents and I just figured if they weren't bothered by the gentleman then why should I be.

#12 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:52 AM

I personally think that the door is always open...it's just a matter of if you want to take notice of it or not, lol. I've never been bothered by the thought that there are things unseen that exists out there...in fact, it's the one thing that will never cease to intrigue me or stir my imagination. For me, I'm glad that that door's open! ;)

#13 songdeva

songdeva

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:58 AM

Orb, I've really enjoyed your posts and your website.

My question is, what makes you think you can't "close the door" again?  I mean, many of us closed it at a young age and struggle to reopen.

I would think there is nothing to stop you from closing it down again if that was what you really wanted, by closing and refocusing your awareness.  However, I don't mean to suggest this would be comfortable or effortless.  It would probably also feel like reverse growth and denial.
But I believe it could be done.

I'm certainly not gonna be the one to experiment.  That is not my goal at all. ;)  My guides are helping me to open at the pace that is right for me, and so far, only to certain kinds of entities, though as I've mentioned to whispers, I feel that field is expanding.

sd
Learn the language of your heart, and speak its words.

#14 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:06 AM

Like Shellas, I believe the door is always open until we are trained or otherwise learn to close it ourselves. And from that point, we are able to open it again should we chose.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#15 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:04 PM

Hi Songdeva,

Yes, you are probably right.  I normally don't talk about it, but as a child I experienced repeated "attacks" from an unsavory entity.  I did close the door for 30 years in a effort to protect myself.  Then a few years ago I felt confident enough to "reopen the door" and seek answers and the truth.  If we really try, I think we all have abilities that can, with practise, be developed to surprising levels of perceiving the unseen world around us;  However, some spirits are persistant and wearing and some entities are a bit unsavory.  The difference now is that although I can make the choice to ignore them, I can no longer block perception of them and their efforts at communication. , or harassment.  Who knows?  Perhaps deep down I really, really don't want to block everything again?   ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users