New Paranormal Society, Buffalo, NY

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Buddharat

Buddharat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Music (listening and attempting to make)<br />Films (watching and attempting to make)<br />Books (reading and attempting to write)<br />All Things Paranormal<br />

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:11 AM

Greetings everyone,

I am one of the founders of a new paranormal research society in Buffalo, NY. We are based out of North Tonawanda and am currently recruiting new members. We're based more in scientific research but will be sympathetic to the client's religious and personal beliefs. Our biggest goal is to help people. We will investigate and offer advice for free to anyone who asks.

If you're interested you can send me a personal message or just respond to this post.

Thank you.
"There's UFOs over New York and I ain't too suprised. Nobody told me there'd be days like these." ~John Lennon

#2 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:21 AM

May I take this opportunity and ask you about credentials? ....

... like how many group members hold degrees in Parapsychology and from which schools did they receive them?

Also.... have you performed experiments in cemeteries using different tonal pitches or music in general?

peace...
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#3 Buddharat

Buddharat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Music (listening and attempting to make)<br />Films (watching and attempting to make)<br />Books (reading and attempting to write)<br />All Things Paranormal<br />

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:31 AM

Since we're still a fledgeling society, none of the members so far have a degree. If someone in the area has one and wishes to join, I would love that.

As far as credentials. Both my wife and myself have been independently investigating ghosts for most of our lives. As well, we are well read in many different forms of investigation (both paranormal and scientific), types of common occurances that may be mistaken as paranormal, psychology, and religious beliefs. I also went to school for video production so I have a lot of knowledge with the equipment.

We haven't done any experiments using tones. We've decided to stay out of cemeteries. Personally, i wouldn't want someone trudging over my relatives just to see a ghost (no offense intended to anyone who does go to cemeteries, it's just my personal belief). We're not out to prove ghosts, just to help people who are scared or concern. Both my wife and myself grew up in haunted houses and have personally delt with some oppressive paranormal situations and we took our knowledge from that (and our research) and want to use it to help others.

We're also hoping to get a wide variety of members for our group, hopefully bringing knowledge we don't have or have yet to research. We believe the more people with different basis of studies, the better the society will be.

Did I cover everything? Do you have any other questions? :-) Thank you for the ones you gave.
"There's UFOs over New York and I ain't too suprised. Nobody told me there'd be days like these." ~John Lennon

#4 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:40 AM

We haven't done any experiments using tones. We've decided to stay out of cemeteries. Personally, i wouldn't want someone trudging over my relatives just to see a ghost (no offense intended to anyone who does go to cemeteries, it's just my personal belief). We're not out to prove ghosts, just to help people who are scared or concern.

I'm sorry.... I think you misunderstood me.... When I speak "experiment", I'm not refering to a "ghost hunt"... I'm speaking professional, scientific in natural with controls, etc.... I would be concerned if a bunch of researchers were running around atop graves like a pack of hooligans myself....

Certain tonal levels are thought to help with an entity's manifestation..... or possibly our visualization of them.....

peace...

Edited by peepers, 22 August 2007 - 02:41 AM.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#5 Buddharat

Buddharat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:47 AM

Ahh, I'm sorry. I'm still new to this whole forum online things, so sometimes I interpret things wrong. I haven't done much with tones to help manifest a spirit. There is something I want to research more before I work with tones. There was an interview I heard a while back with someone who was researching how certain frequencies can cause hallucinations. I can't remember the name of study off the top of my head, but if you give me some time I think I can find it out. It was really interesting.

I have been experimenting with the idea that if you try to get EVPs in the same place, at the same time, every day, that your chances for getting one increases. Sadly, I think my place is completely void of spirits, but I'm getting another member of the group to try it at her house.

:-)

#6 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:52 AM

Ahh, I'm sorry. I'm still new to this whole forum online things, so sometimes I interpret things wrong. :-)

Oh, that's ok.... sometimes it's hard to determine the cadence and inflection of a voice from type written word... ;~}

....your evp experiment sounds cool.... keep us updated..... and good luck!!

Edited by peepers, 22 August 2007 - 02:52 AM.

#7 Buddharat

Buddharat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:53 AM

Thank you very much :-D

#8 tommy1

tommy1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

Greetings everyone,

Hello my name is Tom and I Live in the south towns( orchard Park). I am interested in communicating with u . I am 30 and am getting ready to graduate with a degree in psychology. Seeing things has run in my family for as long as can be remebered. In all honestly it sometimes freaks me out. I have seen some things either full body or shadow people not sure. I have always been sensitive to my surroundings and have a ton of questions. The subject both entrigues me and scares me. If you want to contact me my email is tommyh78@gmail.com

I am one of the founders of a new paranormal research society in Buffalo, NY. We are based out of North Tonawanda and am currently recruiting new members. We're based more in scientific research but will be sympathetic to the client's religious and personal beliefs. Our biggest goal is to help people. We will investigate and offer advice for free to anyone who asks.

If you're interested you can send me a personal message or just respond to this post.

Thank you.

#9 Savvymoon

Savvymoon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

Greetings everyone,

Thank you.

Hello, I am new to this site. Are you still looking for others with intrest? I am located in the NT/ wheatfield area. I am trying to learn more about this field b/c I also have interest in helping others.
LMK. Thanks

#10 Aericka

Aericka

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:21 PM

Greetings everyone,

Thank you.

Hello, my name is Erica and I live in Cheektowaga, NY. I would be very intrested in joining your group. I however do not have any past investigation experience. I have always had intrest in the paranormal and would really love to experience paranormal activity. You can contact me back here or at (716) 341-9951.

Thank You!

#11 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

Since this was origionally posted almost a year ago, you might want to PM this person.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#12 JadeLopez1109

JadeLopez1109

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:48 AM

Im jade from williamsville . . . beyond interested.
:)
do you have aim or yahoo ?

#13 LaurenA

LaurenA

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

Greetings everyone,

Thank you.

My name is Lauren Altemus. I have been quite interested in the paranormal since I was a child. I have had my own experiences and would love to have to oppportunity to work with different technologies that document these activities! I have always wanted to do more research on my own, but was never equipt to! I live in Tonawanda so I am not that far from you! I would love to do some research with you! If you need more information from me my e-mail is laurenaltemus@gmail.com! Please feel free to contact me at any time!

sincerely,
Lauren Altemus

#14 matt dolina

matt dolina

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

hi my name is matt dolina im 19 years old and im ready to discover the truth and have fun while doing it, i live in south buffalo,ny. i would really enjoying bringing a group of people to local haunting spots like the grand centeral terminal, the insane asylum, the orphange, etc. i really have no experience except for going to these places with my friends with a flashlight and being scared.but im tired of being scared and ready to communicate, if anyones interested please add me on facebook just type in "matt dolina" or text/call me at 716-400-6273

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users