#1 sasori3

sasori3

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

heres one for ya...

Nicholas Flamel born 1330 died 1417
see nothing weird about that right? well if it wasnt would i be posting it? I THINK NOT! lol sorry bout that....now back to the point!

Nicholas flamel was born into a normal life (if you call life in the 1330's normal) but this all changed when he was said to come across a 21 page book which was written in a old and foreign language/s. And was later indentified by a sage to be the book of abraham the mage known as the codex. And that Nicholas and his wife translated enough of the book to find the recipe for the philosophers stone which he used to create silver and then later gold. and then eventually he and his wife discovered the secret of eternal life inside the book.

now you must be saying but he died!!
im getting to that part lol. :Spaz:

After the death of both Nicholas and his wife a robber decided to rob the graves for there riches.
but there in lied a problem. There was nothing in the graves...in when i say nothing...i meen no riches, no bodys.
and over the course of time people have said they've seen the couple any many many places.

so what do you think?
did they find the secret of eternal life? :lol:
or were they buried in secret graves? :)
i'll let you guys take it from here ;)

Edited by sasori3, 27 August 2007 - 03:17 PM.

i chose the wrong path, but this time i will change the rules, i will turn around and go back to where i came from. And from there make my own path

#2 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

Oh, what a great topic for this board, kudos sasori!

I have to admit i've never read alot about Flamel but found this great Story
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:57 PM

I know that this is the Nicholas Flamel talked of in the first of the Harry Potter books. Rowlings assumes that Flamel truly had made the Philosopher's Stone (Sorcerer's Stone in the American editions) and regularly drank the Elixir of Life produced by it. It was only after Voldermort's thwarted attempt at stealing the stone was it destroyed and Nicholas and his wife died.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

Wait you mean there really was a Nicolas Flamel!?
Cool!
Okay, that explains that book my husband and I found. We were trying to figure out how the auther had gotten around the copy right for Rowlings books . ..now if I could just remember what it was called. It was something like "The life and times of Nicolas Flamel" or something. I know's it's fiction . . .I will have to find it.
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#5 sasori3

sasori3

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:44 PM

the secrets of the immortal nicholas flamel?
thats the one i have =]
and yes he did actually live and well heck might still be living lol :)
i chose the wrong path, but this time i will change the rules, i will turn around and go back to where i came from. And from there make my own path

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

Neat. That's the first I heard about the grave robbing attempt in the Nicholas Flamel story. However, the book I have that mentions him might have found that a tad....morbid or something. It's a pretty old book.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#7 Buddharat

Buddharat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Music (listening and attempting to make)<br />Films (watching and attempting to make)<br />Books (reading and attempting to write)<br />All Things Paranormal<br />

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:30 AM

Do you know of any books or articles about him? The story sounds fascinating (I'm really into weird history) and I'd love to read more. I'd be interested to see if there's been any research into family lines and such.

I can't remember the movie but I recently saw a movie where the character was immortal and they would change their name and profession every generation so no one would know. I wonder if that's what Nicholas and his wife did and that's why people see them from time to time. Just a thought.

Great topic! :) (man I love that icon)
"There's UFOs over New York and I ain't too suprised. Nobody told me there'd be days like these." ~John Lennon

#8 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

Great topic. Love the mystery! I see everyone mentioning Harry Potter but what Flamel College... Hmmmm I know a lot of folks getting paranormal tools and education from there. Wonder if there is any influence. The site was down bu here is one that tells a bit about it. Flamel College
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#9 sasori3

sasori3

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

famous as he was.....you actually have to dig sometimes to find anything on him =/.

#10 khinkle

khinkle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:30 AM

Wow.. That is AWESOME.. I knew that Rowling did a massive amount of research for the characters in her books.. She is amazing, there is a story {usually myths} behind everything in her books.. even the creatures in the black lake, that grabbed Harry in the Goblet of Fire.. That was taken from a Scottish {I think} story that was told to children to keep them from getting too close to the water!
Wow.. and I didn't think that woman could be more amazing!!!!

#11 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:54 PM

Interesting. I've heard that about Flamel. What I want to know is: did he have kids?
In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallows’ Night.

#12 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

I must find this recipe. If I had the philosophers stone, I would do the same thing as Flamel is said to have done.

#13 LadyWolf

LadyWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I have pretty eclectic tastes so most anything interests me.

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:25 PM

His home in Paris is now a restaurant.

http://en.wikipedia..../Nicolas_Flamel

Would be an interesting place to investigate. The History Channel did a documentary on him
Suz"Fear conscripts its own armies, takes its own prisoners."

#14 Electra Rain

Electra Rain

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I'm a writer of the Horror, Goth, Dark Fantasy genre.<br />You can check out my poetry at:<br /><br />http://www.editred.com/electra73<br /><br />or visit my Writer's Portfolio (My Webpage)

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:51 PM

I watched this program on TV about Nicholas Flame, and the Philosopher's Stone. Some one reported seeing him in Italy.....If that's true, than that would make the man over 6,000 years old.

'Creative Dreaming'Author: Electra Rainhttp://www.helium.co...t-motion-follow

#15 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:31 PM

Sorry, that's more like 677 years old. 2007 minus 1330. Interesting story, but I don't buy it.

I love the show about immortals someone mentioned above, but they have to cut off the heads of other "bad" immortals to continue living. That's not very nice now is it?
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users