Can ordinary objects be haunted or possesed

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:47 PM

Another photo of it...

Posted Image
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#17 Zulphur

Zulphur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:My interests span from a huge variety of things some of these are..
    Music, B - horror Movies, HI - FI, Reading, Travelling, computers, meeting new interesting people like you?

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:08 AM

I am dealing with this topic in my home at the moment. My husband and I love antiques, we have many, from ones handed down to us from family to ones bought in antique shops. My husband has always wanted an old wooden wall phone, the kind with a mouthpiece you talk into and a hand held receiver you put to your ear and a crank that rings. We found the perfect one while browsing about 4 years ago in a huge antique flea market type of a place in our town, great price and the nicest one we have ever seen. It is just for show, it is not hooked up in any way. We found the perfect spot in our kitchen on a beam near the entrance to our front hallway. Just after we put it up, I woke up in the middle of the night to hear it ringing. I thought no way, and there was no way I was going to answer it, lol. Nothing has happened since until the other night, once again I heard the same ringing that only that telephone makes when you crank it. Today, I just happened to look at the telephone, which has not been touched for a long time, and the reciever was placed upside down, not the way it has hung since we put it up, it shocked me. I asked my husband if he had anyone over while I wasn't home that may have touched it and he said "no", in fact he was shocked by it too.

Did a spirit try to use the phone? Did they recognize the "old style" as a phone and try to use it? Obviously they hung it up wrong, or maybe right, I may be hanging the receiver wrong. The only spirit that I sense in my home is my grandmother, she comes and goes, and does like to use telephones. She was born in 1902, so she would recognize this style. I am not sure the age of this phone, possibly 1940's?? Here are some photos below. I took them tonight after I turned the receiver around and hung it the way it usually is. Is anyone familiar with this type of old phone? Is the receiver (on left) hung correctly or is upside down?

Posted Image

nae it hangs the right way.
"That is not deadWhich can eternal lieYet with strange aeonsEven death may die."'(H.P. Lovecraft)

#18 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

GhostCat

If you don't mind my observation, based on my experience with military artifacts, I have detected slight latent energy from the image. Considering your knowing that the presence of your grandmother is in the home, I would be more inclined to believe that the latent energy may not be residual to the telephone itself but rather, since it is slight, remaining from your grandmother attempting to communicate.

This is a possible example of a combination of residual and interactive energy. In fact, it may be considered a phase of this combination. By this I mean that energy is residual, only in that it has remained from the times when your grandmother has attempted contact, rather than being connected to the actual artifact itself. The interactive part may be considered to be the attempts of communication by your grandmother.

I realize that I'm drawing a fine line here but, if you wouldn't mind, I would like to send this image to one of my Psychics to see what reaction they receive from it, as it may prove interesting?

Richard

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 31 August 2007 - 09:16 AM.

"He who asserts must also prove" - Aristotle

#19 GhostCat

GhostCat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:42 PM

GhostCat

If you don't mind my observation, based on my experience with military artifacts, I have detected slight latent energy from the image. Considering your knowing that the presence of your grandmother is in the home, I would be more inclined to believe that the latent energy may not be residual to the telephone itself but rather, since it is slight, remaining from your grandmother attempting to communicate.

This is a possible example of a combination of residual and interactive energy. In fact, it may be considered a phase of this combination. By this I mean that energy is residual, only in that it has remained from the times when your grandmother has attempted contact, rather than being connected to the actual artifact itself. The interactive part may be considered to be the attempts of communication by your grandmother.

I realize that I'm drawing a fine line here but, if you wouldn't mind, I would like to send this image to one of my Psychics to see what reaction they receive from it, as it may prove interesting?

Richard

Thanks for the reply. Please send the photo to anyone you like. Let us know what your psychic thinks. Thanks alot.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#20 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

GhostCat

Will do and thanks. I will post the findings or if you wish we can keep them private, since it is your grandmother who may be involved? At times information comes forth of a personal nature, which may be good or not.

Richard

#21 GhostCat

GhostCat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:57 PM

GhostCat

Will do and thanks. I will post the findings or if you wish we can keep them private, since it is your grandmother who may be involved? At times information comes forth of a personal nature, which may be good or not.

Richard

Feel free to post the findings on here, that is ok. After I posted the photo of the telephone, something else strange happened making me think it is not my grandmother but someone else. Let me explain... I noticed the phone receiver upside down yesterday (Thursday) late afternoon. I am always walking past that phone and looking at it because there is something about it that just gives me the creeps after I heard it ringing just after we got it and it is not hooked up at all. I know whatever moved that receiver did it that day (Thursday) or possibly the day before (Wednesday). After I posted the story and the photo yesterday, I watched tv and got on my computer before going to bed to check in on Ghost Village. As I sat at my computer, a "pipe smoke" smell filled the room and it was very strong. I knew that smell, it was the pipe smell that my mother's friend, named Richard, always smelled of. If anyone has been following my stories and photos on here, you will know who I am talking about. For others I will explain. My mother grew up in N. Andover, MA and her family was friends with another family who had a son, Richard, he was a little older than my mother. My mother and Richard lost touch, as WWII started, Richard went off to war. He fought in the Battle of the Bulge, was wounded, and was a Purple Heart from the war. He came back and eventually married a woman. My mother eventually married my father, he was in WWII as a Marine and fought in the Battle of Gaudalcanal. After the war, Richard and my mother never saw each other and never communicated, each had their own families and own lives. For some reason Richard tracked my family down to visit my grandmother when she was getting old and ill and passed away, and then shortly after that so did my father. Richard was on his own and so was my mother, so the "old friends" became "new friends" again and filled in all the years they missed. She decided to sell her home and move to NH so they could be together. They picked out a place of their own and were living happily ever after for about a year or so. Richard had to go in for a heart operation that should have went well, but it didn't. He died during the operation, they did bring him back but he never regained conciousness, he was on life support for about a week, then passed away. At the time he was being operated on, I was home folding laundry and I smelled the same "pipe smoke" smell that I smelled last night, that is why I think it may be him. Another strange coincidence, my mother just sold her home, "their home", 2 days ago
(Wednesday). I just picture him seeing their home empty, her gone, and him wondering where she went to and coming to my house like he did before for answers. When I smelled that pipe smell last night, I just felt like he was there and I realized why. So, I spoke out loud and told him my mother was fine, she was staying with my sister and Sunday she would be moving into her new place and I stated the address. He should be happy, she is moving back to N. Andover, the town they both met and grew up in and he is buried very close to where she is. That is the cemetery where I have had paranormal things regarding him happen and I think I captured him in a photo, in his Purple Heart jacket, which I posted on here. So, any feedback from the psychic you get, feel free to post on here. I don't mind sharing it with GV as so many have followed the stories I have written about my grandmother and my mother's friend, Richard. If it's not them, that is ok too, lol, I would love to know who is trying to use my antique phone and not hanging it up right. Thanks again.

#22 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:32 AM

GhostCat

Your story is great, peaked my interest even more because of the WW2 connection. Have you had the opportunity to view my website yet?

I use a tiny wood cross attached to a piece of cotton string as a pendulum. It is a blessed cross and according to Jeffery Wands my deceased mother had something to do with my receiving it. Jeffery was at the taping of one of my daughter's group investigations for a segment on the MAURY TV Show earlier this year.

Due to the cross being of wood and attached to a cotton string, the possibility of it being affected by EMF is eliminated. When latent energy is detected the pendulum will begin to rotate at various degrees of intensity, depending upon the strength of the energy.

There is much more to what I do after latent energy has been detected from an artifact, the pendulum is just the initial stage. Psychic intervention is the next step.

Richard

#23 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:13 AM

GhostCat

This is the initial impressions that my Psychic Lisa (daughter's group) received, keeping in mind that she knew absolutely nothing of the phone's history nor of the story about your grandmother, mother or of your mother's friend Richard.

However, from these initial impressions, there seems that there may be more to this artifact than has initially surfaced!

I am going to ask a good friend Psychic Jane Doherty who has been working on some major investigations with my daughter's group to view the photograph of the telephone. Should you not be aware of, Jane has been named one of the top twenty Psychics in the world by Hans Holzer. She has helped me out considerably in the past.

Below is the exact quote of the email received back from Lisa. There is something that you may wish to check into, the part about if someone died in the house?

This may be only the beginning concerning this situation.

Richard

"Richard,

My first impressions are there is a man there. So its a male spirit ringing the phone. Is or was the phone last owned by a man also? Very strong male presence. Also did someone die in that house? I get two people, one on the other side ringing the phone trying to reach someone who stayed on the earth plane.

Please let me know what you find out.

Lisa"

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 03 September 2007 - 09:15 AM.

#24 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:49 AM

GhostCat

One other thing that you may wish to check into is the mention of who may have owned the telephone last or where it originated? I know, from past experience, that sometimes this type of information is not the easiest to track down however, it's not impossible.

Richard

#25 GhostCat

GhostCat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:51 AM

Thanks, very interesting. No one died in my house. It was built by my husband in 1987. He has lived here since it was built, I have lived here since we were married 7 years ago. The home is on what used to be a section of my husband's parents farm land. I don't know who owned the phone.
We bought it about 5 years ago at an antique marketplace in Newburyport, MA, where I live. Thanks again, I can't wait to see what Jane Doherty has to say.

#26 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

I think we have had this topic before ??

And I answered yes then, and my thoughts and knowledge of this hasnt changed

:headbang:

#27 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

GhostCat

During some of our investigations we've found that a death of someone may have been on the site before the present structure was built. Are your husbands parents still living? They or another family member may be able to provide some information?

Richard

#28 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:25 AM

I think we have had this topic before ??

And I answered yes then, and my thoughts and knowledge of this hasnt changed

:headbang:

Hi Mark

If you wouldn't mind, since I may not have been a member at that time or some other's reading this topic, would you be kind enough to summerize your previous thoughts and knowledge on the subject of this topic? ... Thanks.

Richard

#29 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:32 AM

Hi Richard

Im referring to objects being haunted or hold some sort of residual energies from the past.
Especially with things you deal with Richard with WWII etc.

Alot can be told from objects as they still hold the imprints of a particular person or people.

Obviously a proven medium or something should be able to do this quite easily.

Hope that sorts of answers this

Mark :headbang:

#30 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

Yes ... Thank you Mark for being in agreement.

Richard

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 03 September 2007 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users