Remakes of horror/paranormal movies?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 CourtneyDee

CourtneyDee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:My husband<br />My dogs (puggle and golden retreiver)<br />New cities<br />Sports<br />USMC<br />Paranormal<br />Xray<br />Beach<br />Summer<br />

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:31 PM

I'd be a little weary about and updated Changeling. The original is great. I'd have to think about that one.

I think it really all depends on the director.
"It didnt feel like the pain had weakend over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it " RIP Amanda Taylor"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret." Robert E Lee

#17 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

I'd be a little weary about and updated Changeling. The original is great. I'd have to think about that one.

I think it really all depends on the director.

I think you're right.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#18 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,367 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:01 PM

They are remaking HELLRAISER...I think its due out next year. There are some movie that should never be remade, I'm sorry. They are remaking ENTER THE DRAGON. Anybody with a brain knows that Bruce Lee is the only person to do that movie. You can not remake a movie that defined the sandard for martial arts movies. That is the movie that showed the word who Bruce Lee was. Thats like remaking GONE WITH THE WIND...do think they will do that...I doubt it.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#19 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:57 PM

They are remaking HELLRAISER...I think its due out next year. There are some movie that should never be remade, I'm sorry. They are remaking ENTER THE DRAGON. Anybody with a brain knows that Bruce Lee is the only person to do that movie. You can not remake a movie that defined the sandard for martial arts movies. That is the movie that showed the word who Bruce Lee was. Thats like remaking GONE WITH THE WIND...do think they will do that...I doubt it.

A remake of Enter the Dragon? Now some things just shouldn't be touched. Just my opinion. Have to wonder if anyone can come up with anything knew. It seems lately that anyone can remake something or bite off something someone else has done. It seems the hard part is being original. Let me have a stab (no pun intended) at Hollywood and the movies. ;)
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#20 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:53 AM

All,
I am writing in the process of writing a screenplay for the remake of " THE SCREAMING SKULL"!!! It's my all time favorite horror film!!!

Anthony

I love that movie!!! I think A re-make would rock.
I'm not so hot on re-makeing newer movies, like Hellraiser and Nightmare (Sorry to me they are still "newer" because I like to watch OLD horror movies. From the 50's,60's and 70's)
But there is one old movie from the 70's Isaw that I think was one of the most awful I have ever seen. It was called "The Hearse". It was badly done BUT I thought the story line was pretty good and I would love to see someone re-do that one. There a lot of older movies out there that were so poorly made they were a joke but, they still have good concepts and good story lines. Why can't they re-make some of those? Then maybe the re-make would be worth something and not someone's ego boost . (Ahem. The Halloween revision is not included in that. Rob Zombie did it because he LOVES that movie)

Also re-makeing Enter the Dragon has got to be some kind of movie sacrilige!!!
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#21 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:50 AM

I'd like to see a really great remake of The Shining!!! That would be awesome!

I must say that TNT's remakes of Stephen King's movies have been pretty good. The Shining in particular, follows the book a little closer. I think it was Steven Weber from Wings who played Jack. I also liked their remake of Salems Lot. Still just as freaky as the original.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#22 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:59 AM

Its got to be the hellraiser films for me !!!

#23 CourtneyDee

CourtneyDee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:My husband<br />My dogs (puggle and golden retreiver)<br />New cities<br />Sports<br />USMC<br />Paranormal<br />Xray<br />Beach<br />Summer<br />

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

Well Mark, like a few have said they are remaking it, which is awesome!!:headbang:
"It didnt feel like the pain had weakend over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it " RIP Amanda Taylor"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret." Robert E Lee

#24 Frogbat

Frogbat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:18 PM

I'd like to see a remake of The Howling, as long as it was done well. I'd also like a remake of Stephen King's IT- it was the first tv adaptation they did of one of King's books and while I enjoyed it I wish that some scenes from the book had been included, maybe instead of two nights like they did it should have been three or four.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

#25 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

Well Mark, like a few have said they are remaking it, which is awesome!!:ghost:

Ahh but I heard from Pinhead himself that he will most likely not being playing that role. Doug Bradley was at Univ-con and of course we couldn't not ask him about the remake. First he said don't listen to IMDB. IMDB says they are in talks. He said if they are in talks they are so quiet he can't hear them. Second of all can anyone replace Doug Bradley as Pinhead? Those are some awful big pins to fill.

#26 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

In my opinion (oh geez, here it comes!), some horror movies should never be considered for remakes. A lot of the older movies, and some newer ones, like "The Sixth Sense" tell a suspenseful and sometimes spooky story without having to sink to making a movie that's 3/4 gore, 1/8 story and 1/8 acting. Even "Blair Witch" became a classic, because it was suspenseful (they could have really cut out a huge chunk of the middle, and still have a good film). The only thing accomplished by rewriting or remaking a horror film with a lot of blood and gore is desensitizing people.

Edited by meanderer, 31 October 2007 - 08:21 AM.

Beannacht ort

#27 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:47 PM

No I agree. I think they aren't even calling them remakes anymore. I can't remember the word they are using. I do think that some could be remade and it would actualy make them better but some need to be left alone for sure.

#28 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:00 AM

I'd love to see remakes of Clash of the Titans or The Odyssey. Should they ever make them, you'll see me dance.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#29 LadyWolf

LadyWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I have pretty eclectic tastes so most anything interests me.

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:00 PM

I think if it's a HORROR movie then Rob Zombie is the director du jour. I love him and I love his music.

I love the old Vincent Price films. When I was a kid we watched them every Sunday. Buckets of Blood was my fav. Plus all the old Lon Cheney & Boris Karloff films. I have them all on DVD and I love them. Those shouldn't be redone - they're classics but they could be updated under a different title. I loved the Hellraiser movies. I sincerely dislike the Nightmare on Elm Street movies but I'm not a "gore" person. I prefer implied horror like The Changling.

Exorcist would be great redone by the likes of Rob Zombie. I do realize that saying I don't like gore and then saying I like Rob Zombie as a director is a contradiction but he's graphically realistic which I don't mind as much as just blood & guts everywhere.

Edited by LadyWolf, 12 November 2007 - 01:05 PM.

Suz"Fear conscripts its own armies, takes its own prisoners."

#30 LadyWolf

LadyWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I have pretty eclectic tastes so most anything interests me.

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:09 PM

Also, if you like serious "B" horror movies my brother has been a write/director: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0909770/ and has worked on dozens as writer, director, actor, musician and more.
Suz"Fear conscripts its own armies, takes its own prisoners."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users