Photo

Remakes of horror/paranormal movies?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 shikigami

shikigami

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Shojo, the spirit world, and god.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:43 AM

I would like a remake of the polterguist series, as long as they keep some parts of it kinda reminisant of the originals. I hate when they make remake and just use the same plot instead of keeping the originality of it.

Even more then a reamke of the polturgiests I would like a new instalment set when the main character (BethAnn or something like that) is a teen. As long as they make it more like number one. ( Then again they may be afraid of the curse).
It doesnt matter if you believe. The only thing that matters is if "They" believe.

#32 Chrltt

Chrltt

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Urban Legends, taking photoes, the sims2, but theres so many to think of

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:40 PM

I'd like to see a remake of IT :Wall:

#33 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

Attack of the killer tomato's.

American werewolf in London.

Thing.

Dorian Grey.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#34 deye

deye

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:all things supernatural, supernatural the tv-show, shooting, music (mullet rock), sports &amp; reading.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

I don't really like remake movies, but I'm looking forwards to Friday the 13th remake. I just hope they won't ruin a good movie.

Edited by deye, 06 June 2008 - 09:18 AM.

Posted ImageAll things bright and beautiful...avatar by toodelicious at livejournal, thank you.

#35 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:53 PM

I didn’t care for the recent remake of 13 Ghosts, but I love the original. I would like to see a director/producer like Mel Gibson run with that... the guy is a master producer. I thought The Passion of the Christ was the most intense and disturbing movie I ever saw. There were widespread reports of people fainting and buggin out in the theaters, and I believe I read at least one person had a heart attack. I think if he can do that with a story about Jesus... if he did The Exorcist they’d have to station EMS crews in the lobbies...

I would like to point out that this was most likely how it was during the crucifixion. Most of the movies I've seen regarding Christ's last days only sugar coat the story. The pain and suffering was what happened and it wasn't pretty.

One of my favorite horror movies is "Christine", I would like to see a remake. Maybe follow the storyline of the book a bit closer. John Carpenter is excellent and I'd like to see him take on the "new" project. I really don't like movies that overuse CGI. If I wanted to watch a cartoon, then I'd watch one.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#36 CASEY WELLS

CASEY WELLS

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

carpenter is making two new movies. L.A. gothic, with rumors of kurt russell playing a vengeful priest. and a movie called the prince, not to sure what it will be about or who is rumored. cant wait though.
Under the wide and open sky, dig the grave and let me lie;Gladly i've lived and gladly die, away from this world of strife;This be the epitaph for me- "Here he lies where he longed to be, lies in death by the nineteenth tee, where he lied all his life"

#37 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

The Nightmare on Elm Street remake is coming out the end of this month.....I'm like....say What?????

Am I the only one asking myself why they would even touch / remake that????

#38 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

The Nightmare on Elm Street remake is coming out the end of this month.....I'm like....say What?????

I've known for a while this is coming out. I finally saw previews a couple weeks ago....NOT IMPRESSED. If they screw this one up there is no hope. Though your right, they shouldn't have tried in the first place
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#39 AnythingButNormal

AnythingButNormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Science, history, museums, and the technical aspects of investigating the paranormal.

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:28 AM

I absolutely loved "The Others", but as far as remakes go, I would like to have seen "The Shining" remade with Heath Ledger playing Jack Nicholson's role. Sadly, Heath has passed and his performance as the joker leaves him on top of Nicholson IMHO.

Other movies, hmm...The Exorcist would top my list!
Investigator/Technical Manager: South Coast Paranormal Society, Augusta, GAwww.southcoastparanormalsociety.com

#40 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

I've known for a while this is coming out. I finally saw previews a couple weeks ago....NOT IMPRESSED. If they screw this one up there is no hope. Though your right, they shouldn't have tried in the first place

I feel the same way... Hello?! Johnny Depp (sorry but he is just really.... YUM, and my hormone riddled young adult brain can't get past that)... And you just don't mess with a Wes Craven... Except I did watch the remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" last night and thought that was mucho better than the original (not like that was a hard feat... The original is CHEESEY!).
Love life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users