What would you do if you were a ghost?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:00 AM

Id pants rich important people.

How about:
- Blowing back Trump's comb-over at a large, public function?
- Hiding all of Britney Spear's alcohol lollipops and wigs (I guess you'd stuff them in her underwear drawer -- she seems not to check there too often).
- Giving Paris Hilton a nice, big, red pimple on her nose.
- Making Posh's hair turn green.

I think these are worthy goals.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#17 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:52 PM

I would want to hang out with Carlotta - her two posts are great :weeee:
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#18 john8750

john8750

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Electronics

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:13 PM

I would haunt my x wife.
The way she haunted me when I was alive.
John SmithI know I'm not a good speller. I have a low IQ.Keep the fun in it>

#19 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:34 PM

Well according to my mom I am the reason that she believes in ghosts because I am one...

But what would I do? Pull guys pants up... Seriously... Nothing ruins a hot guy more for me than when his pants are down around his ankles (I sound about 80 not 18)... But how am I supposed to tell if he has a cute butt or not if it's obscured by his baggy pants that don't fit? That and take back all the jewelry and makeup Lizzy (little sister) has stolen from me in the past couple of months "because I'm too sick to use it anyways..."

And I'd kinda like to spend some time with the Myth Busters (I love that show... I'm watching them try to blow up trousers...). They can't call security if they don't know that I'm there...

And go on a *free* cruise...

Of course keep an eye on my family...

BTW... Carlotta I've heard that the lollipops the Brit prefers are fetynal, although from the pictures I seen THOSE ARE NOT fetynal (I know from personal experience...). I've also read that they're marjiauna... Guess in the long run it doesn't matter.... She's sick and needs help, period.
Love life.

#20 amymyers1973

amymyers1973

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Small Town Ghosts investigation team.<br />Metaphysics, New Age, Occult, Religion, Mythology, Psychology, Science. Literature, Movies, Music, Beads, Tribal Style Belly Dancing.

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:06 PM

id fart a lot in crowded rooms. Id flush toilets and id take drunk drivers keys and never return them.
Id also raise cheerleaders skirts at half time and Id pants rich important people.

LOL.
Im just kidding thought id lighten things a bit.

:Spaz:

You would be at home at Hogwarts. Or perhaps they'd send Mr. Weasley to investigate you.

What about making kids' toys hover or float down the hall?

We had an ongoing joke during a long investigation which involved a sock monkey. The homeowner said if he ever saw anything hovering around the room, he would leave and never come back. In our sick imaginations, we came up with the idea of the hovering sock monkey and names for horror movies about the haunting.

"Monkeyshines: The Hovering"

:hug: Whirly Dude

Don't you know yet? Fling the emptiness out of your arms into the spaces we breathe. Perhaps the birds will feel the expanded air with more passionate flying. - Rainer Maria Rilke, "First Elegy" from The Duino Elegies. Trans. Stephen Mitchell

#21 Banshee_Medium

Banshee_Medium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, 4 wheelin, motorcycles, and my TeenyDude.. (my son)

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:21 PM

thats awesome.

#22 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:06 PM

Cute. Probably (my biggest fear) would be doing about the same as I now do. Hopefully I would have much more information to work with. Pretty sure I would have more time.

#23 JimDe

JimDe

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:26 PM

I know this is a lighthearted thread but, my thoughts are similar to thesameones in that... not realizing that Iím dead (a ghost) and continuing my activities as if I were still alive (the movies the sixth sense and the others comes to mind). I hate when that happens...
Posted Image

#24 amymyers1973

amymyers1973

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Small Town Ghosts investigation team.<br />Metaphysics, New Age, Occult, Religion, Mythology, Psychology, Science. Literature, Movies, Music, Beads, Tribal Style Belly Dancing.

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

I know this is a lighthearted thread but, my thoughts are similar to thesameones in that... not realizing that Iím dead (a ghost) and continuing my activities as if I were still alive (the movies the sixth sense and the others comes to mind). I hate when that happens...

To thesameones and JimDe,

What makes you think that you could possibly remain an earthbound spirit and ignorant of your bodily death? That's an interesting, but sad idea. Is there something in life that you are strongly attached to?

Perhaps paranormal investigators, who have more experience and knowledge in ghostly occurences, will be less likely to become stuck in a repetitious cycle of reenacting our daily living lives in our afterlives.

It's my opinion that the stories from mythology, religion, and fiction, including our own personal experiences with ghosts, serve not only as lessons about the afterlife but also as metaphors for how we live our lives now. Some ghost stories have motivated me to resolve personal issues. I don't want to haunt some location for a hundred years before I cross over and then later be reincarnated to repeat the same lessons.

Anyway, those are just some of my thoughts, for what they're worth, if anything at all.

Amy
Don't you know yet? Fling the emptiness out of your arms into the spaces we breathe. Perhaps the birds will feel the expanded air with more passionate flying. - Rainer Maria Rilke, "First Elegy" from The Duino Elegies. Trans. Stephen Mitchell

#25 Banshee_Medium

Banshee_Medium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, 4 wheelin, motorcycles, and my TeenyDude.. (my son)

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

But we love Miss Amys thoughts!

#26 JimDe

JimDe

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:30 PM

What makes you think that you could possibly remain an earthbound spirit and ignorant of your bodily death? That's an interesting, but sad idea. Is there something in life that you are strongly attached to?

What makes you think that you couldnít, or do you think ghosts become ghosts by choice?

Perhaps paranormal investigators, who have more experience and knowledge in ghostly occurences, will be less likely to become stuck in a repetitious cycle of reenacting our daily living lives in our afterlives.

I donít think so...

It's my opinion that the stories from mythology, religion, and fiction, including our own personal experiences with ghosts, serve not only as lessons about the afterlife but also as metaphors for how we live our lives now. Some ghost stories have motivated me to resolve personal issues. I don't want to haunt some location for a hundred years before I cross over and then later be reincarnated to repeat the same lessons.

Since youíre the one who started this thread, Iím glad it works for you...

Anyway, those are just some of my thoughts, for what they're worth, if anything at all.

...for what itís worth ...Iím gonna go with not anything at all.

JD
Posted Image

#27 73Shovel

73Shovel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:There's nothing like being under the great southwest sky...an experience that proves we are not alone. Around 2am on an old v-twin, with a pocket full of sticks, puts you in touch. You have a band of brothers that are in it for the speed, travel and respect. Spirits are cool. <br /><br />~ Radio<br />~ Speed<br />~ FLH Shovel Head<br />~ Guitars<br />~ Cadillac's<br />~ Hillbilly Music<br />~ Spiritography<br />~ My Life<br />~ Friends &amp; Family<br />~ Art<br />~ Creative Energy<br />~ Life

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:34 AM

I think being a spirit is very lonely, so I hope this doesn't happen anytime soon.

Laurie Ann,

Just curious...why "lonely?"

Funny how things work out...

#28 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:04 AM

I think being a spirit is very lonely, so I hope this doesn't happen anytime soon.

Laurie Ann,

Just curious...why "lonely?"

...sometimes, I get the feeling that...well, this is going to be hard to explain. Sometimes when I'm at my computer, I get a sense that someone is leaning over my shoulder, watching what I do (spirit wise). He just seems so alone & lonely. Like when I'm also at work & I get the feeling of presense even in the elevators when I'm in them alone...I get the feeling that they're all by themselves. They don't know each other exhist because they're on different plains as one another. I know this sounds confusing....I'm sorry, my coffee isn't working as well as it did a week ago. LOL!!! Seriously though, I just feel like many spirits out there are by themselves and stuck where they're at, that they have no way out. I just hope I don't end up like one of "them". You can be in a crowded room and still feel like you're all alone....this would suck.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#29 73Shovel

73Shovel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:There's nothing like being under the great southwest sky...an experience that proves we are not alone. Around 2am on an old v-twin, with a pocket full of sticks, puts you in touch. You have a band of brothers that are in it for the speed, travel and respect. Spirits are cool. <br /><br />~ Radio<br />~ Speed<br />~ FLH Shovel Head<br />~ Guitars<br />~ Cadillac's<br />~ Hillbilly Music<br />~ Spiritography<br />~ My Life<br />~ Friends &amp; Family<br />~ Art<br />~ Creative Energy<br />~ Life

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:23 AM

JimDe and thesameones make excellent points.

I'd do just as I am doing now...living in the moment. For me, it's about comprehension...simultaneously living in multiple dimensions.

Personally, I find it odd that a majority of people think that being "dead" is different than being alive...maybe that's why so many people seem clueless, scared, open themselves up as prime targets for a good hoax and chase their own tails. Seems to me that most people hinder their own ability by not fully grasping reality. Not judging...just an observation.

My experience with my so-called "dead" friends and family has been amazing...learning quickly that all they want to do is establish that NOTHING has changed between us.

Maybe that's why so many "ghost hunting" projects and so-called psychics yield zero results?

I personally would not want to waste my time (as a "ghost" and a human) trying to prove to some idiot that I exist.

Funny how things work out...

#30 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:11 AM

You sure nailed that on the head 73Shovel!

With what we have experienced with the spirits we know and have met over the past 25 years in this house alone, we know there is more to it than what people really think they understand about it.

There is nothing lonely, or really sad about passing, unless it is in some traggic and unexpected way, they want to be where they are and do pretty much as they did prior to their death. Some finish things they didn't get to, because they can now, with freedom of movement. Heck ya don't have to pay for things and you don't have to eat or buy clothes. We know many spirits that are quite happy being on the otherside. We have met many that died traggic deaths, and are quite upset or very confused. We have helped them understand what has happened, they calm down and accept it and usually move on to where they wish to go from there.
Crossing over or telling a spirit to go to the light....thats not it, your actual passing is the white light and the crossing over. It takes place at the time of death. Moving on to your next destination is the only other step to take. For some it may take more time to understand what to do once they have passed, that is all it is.
There are those people who claim to have all these past life experiences but yet are afraid of the otherside. If they had these lives they would have no fear of it, that knowledge and feelings are there in your soul if you have. That understanding of the otherside comes thru for those who have truly been there. Its really quite awesome. Knowing how to cross to the otherside comes almost naturally and you can even do it as you are in this life living. That is part of the so called astro travel experience in IMO. Past knowledge is the key to many things we do in this life, we learn from life to life and come back to try again and not make the same mistakes. We are to learn and continue to learn and grow ever stronger. We also have free will. We are not destine to stay and haunt a place because we have to as a punishment, we do because we wish to do so for the most part.

Open your mind to this that I have said and go past it and you will see...

Les

Edited by leslie_dragonlvr, 07 September 2007 - 11:13 AM.

Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users