Can a ghost affect physical health?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:24 PM

I was wondering if it was possible for a ghost to affect the physical health of the living.

This is aside from the typical feelings of cold, having energy drained, and watery eyes.

I've had some issues with a presence in my apartment, and shortly afterwards, I've been having weird body temperature problems. I'd have a significant raise in temp from 98.0 to 101.5. My doc said it's probably just my fibromyalgia acting up again, but it only happens around spiritual encounters.

I feel great when I'm not home, but the time I decide to leave my apartment, I get to feeling really bad again. However, when I'm away from home for at least an hour, I start feeling fine again. I really like my apartment, so this is very concerning to me.

A friend of mine thinks a spirit is trying to attach itself to me, since this has happened shortly after the presence arrived.

I sense a very dark shadow-like presence in my guest bathroom. Neither cat will go in there anymore, and they both used to spend lots of time in there. The usual spirits that used to visit often (familial ones) haven't been around since this all started.

I am a sensitive to all things spiritual, and usually they end up communicating with me. This one just watches everything from the bathroom, and essentially stares right through me and others who come over. It won't communicate back. I've even tried smudging with sage to no avail.

Several of my friends feel very uncomfortable coming over, as they can sense the presence as well. I'm wondering if it is a shadow-spirit.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your help. :)
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#2 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:47 PM

Yes most definitely

If you have a spirit that is attached to you and drawing energy of you all the time then your energy field can be weakened and this can lead to more attachments from spirits and more energy drain.
You need your own energy field to keep you healthy physically,mentally and spiritually.
Earthbound spirits can draw energy from you because this is what they are wanting and they dont have. If you interacting with them they will draw more to do this

Read up on spirit attachment.

Also ,never underestimate what a spirit with bad intentions can do. They can use energy to inflict harmful forces. They are capable of pushing and pulling and creating sensations that are not nice.
If you are sensitive youi run a higher risk of being affected by this type of spirit if you do not take measure to protect your energy field

#3 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:12 PM

Thank you so much for your response, feusurlaneige.

I will most definitely read up on spirit attachment, and report any findings back here.

About 3 years ago, I had a spirit attach itself to me and my brother. Weird thing is that at the time my brother lived in San Diego, and me here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. I was able to successfully remove it when doing a smudge around my place, and for whatever reason was able to remove it from my brother at the same time.

I may need to smudge longer, and try to spend more time outside of my apartment. It's tough, as I have a home biz I put lots of hours into. I do schedule days off where I can go out and walk around a lovely park nearby - which is oddly enough haunted. <grin> River Legacy Nature Center and Park in Arlington, TX. It's been a few months since I've gone out there as summer gets hot around here. Perhaps I need some nature, fresh air, and some healthy activity to help remove this spirit.

This is a wonderful place to post. I've encountered nothing but positive people here at GV and I truly appreciate all of you.

The presence is still here - it has extended it's area to include the hallway, front door, and the patio. Unfortunately, the only way out of my apartment.

Does smudging work outside as well as inside?

you know, I just got over a bad sinus infection a couple months ago, and forgot to fully smudge our apartment. I wonder if the spirit came in on that? Hmmm
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#4 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:34 PM

If a spirit is truly attached to you , you will feel it in your own energy field. I have never done a smudging so I dont know too much about it. I would say that if you had a spirit attached to you and in your energy field, then you would need the help of a light worker to help the spirit move on. Sometimes it isnt easy. It can take a good counsellor to convince the spirit.

Spirit attachment and just having a spirit residing in your home are 2 different things. With spirit attachment you can actually feel the spirit in your energy. Some people call this possession but I wouldnt go this far. I think there is a difference between attachment and possession.

In attachment you will feel physical sensations around you that are in your aura that will come from the spirit. You may hear the spirit talking to you either through telepathy or an actual audible voice. You will emotions that may not be yours. Youi may desires that you didnt have before and think about things you didnt before. You may feel the spirit touching you a lot. You can feel tingling around you in your aura. You can also get all the things as with a usual haunting.

The difference is that the spirit wants to be with you and share you life in a way that is a lot more personal to that spirit. It will want to feel your emotions and experience things through you.
Not all attachments are bad though. Depends on the spirit and depends on whether you are aware of it.
You can knowing or unknowingly invite the spirit to be with you.

Personally, I beieve that unless you have sensitive and are able to communicate and counsel the spirit, you will have a difficult time in helping the spirit to move on and leave your energy field. They are there because they feel comfortable with you and its a big step to move on out to the light.

Spirits in haunted houses can lead their own existences. They may not intervene in other peopls lives at all. They can obtain energy through different sources.

As I said, there is a big difference. Attached spirits can affect your health. They can make you take on any physical symptoms that they had in their physical lives. They can also sap your energy field when they draw energy which weakens the immune system and leads you wide open to psychic attack and other spirits joining you also.

I have also seen first hand a poltergeist on an i nvestigation, take his spite out on one of our members and force him to leave and go home quite sick. He was hit with negative energy and nearly passed out and was nauseous and all the usual things when a spirit does this. They are quite capable of doing this if the spirit is that way inclined.

That is why it is never a good idea for investigators to goad spirits into a reaction. They have no idea what they are up against. Spirits can 'knock' us with energy just like they do other spirits in their world.

#5 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:36 PM

If a spirit is truly attached to you , you will feel it in your own energy field. I have never done a smudging so I dont know too much about it. I would say that if you had a spirit attached to you and in your energy field, then you would need the help of a light worker to help the spirit move on. Sometimes it isnt easy. It can take a good counsellor to convince the spirit.

Spirit attachment and just having a spirit residing in your home are 2 different things. With spirit attachment you can actually feel the spirit in your energy. Some people call this possession but I wouldnt go this far. I think there is a difference between attachment and possession.

In attachment you will feel physical sensations around you that are in your aura that will come from the spirit. You may hear the spirit talking to you either through telepathy or an actual audible voice. You will emotions that may not be yours. Youi may desires that you didnt have before and think about things you didnt before. You may feel the spirit touching you a lot. You can feel tingling around you in your aura. You can also get all the things as with a usual haunting.

The difference is that the spirit wants to be with you and share you life in a way that is a lot more personal to that spirit. It will want to feel your emotions and experience things through you.
Not all attachments are bad though. Depends on the spirit and depends on whether you are aware of it.
You can knowing or unknowingly invite the spirit to be with you.

Personally, I beieve that unless you have sensitive and are able to communicate and counsel the spirit, you will have a difficult time in helping the spirit to move on and leave your energy field. They are there because they feel comfortable with you and its a big step to move on out to the light.

Spirits in haunted houses can lead their own existences. They may not intervene in other peopls lives at all. They can obtain energy through different sources.

As I said, there is a big difference. Attached spirits can affect your health. They can make you take on any physical symptoms that they had in their physical lives. They can also sap your energy field when they draw energy which weakens the immune system and leads you wide open to psychic attack and other spirits joining you also.

I have also seen first hand a poltergeist on an i nvestigation, take his spite out on one of our members and force him to leave and go home quite sick. He was hit with negative energy and nearly passed out and was nauseous and all the usual things when a spirit does this. They are quite capable of doing this if the spirit is that way inclined.

That is why it is never a good idea for investigators to goad spirits into a reaction. They have no idea what they are up against. Spirits can 'knock' us with energy just like they do other spirits in their world.

#6 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:00 PM

I definitely feel an energy drain, especially when I sense the spirit.

it started touching me the other day - mostly playing with the ponytail in my hair, and a light touch on my forehead, almost like a gentle kiss.

My energy severely drains when I need to leave the house. When I've been gone for about an hour or so, my energy levels return to normal, only to be zapped shortly after returning home.

My husband and I tend to argue more when the presence is strong, too.

I am going to try and smudge the house this week and see if that helps.

I'll surely post back with the results.

Thanks for your help. :weeee:

#7 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:52 PM

Well, for whatever reason, the presence is not as strong as it was before.

I've had many errands that had to get taken care of, therefore, I couldn't allow for something to get a stronger hold on me.

I also asked it very nicely to just leave my home, as I'm the one living here now. It's still here, just not causing nearly as much trouble.

I'm hoping that by not letting it get any closer to me, and for me to stop paying attention to it, this may be the way I can rid my home of this spirit.

Thanks everyone for the help, it seems to be working for now. :P

#8 allege

allege

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:20 PM

I for a while had a negative non human entitity attached to me and I became very ill from it.

But other than that I have noticed people in haunted houses being more prone to illness/injury than others, I think it may be more to do with the stress of the haunting than the actually spirit itself but that will take a lot more research to determine.
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -Edgar Allan Poe

#9 Skully

Skully

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hey allege,

I hear ya on the things that are going on...I also had sickness with a spirit..(if that is what it was) (smile)...I do beliveve it was...but I also think that they are in these human bodies as well! And I get the same feeling sometimes with people..you know that feeling of someone who you know you need to be aware of???
littlelight is back!

#10 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:22 AM

I would like to add something as a bit of an aside. One should always eliminate any normal physical causes of suspected paranormal activity before making any conclusions. I'm not saying here that you're not experiencing a spirit, Maelinde. I just think that people in general shouldn't always jump to conclusions. Allergic reactions to severe mold in an apartment can also cause the same physical reactions as was described in the first post. The mold isn't always easily detectible, but breathing it in, especially at night when one is asleep, can make for a lot of health problems. Maybe I am so aware of it because of the recent flooding here - the Red Cross has been making sure that we all scrub/wash the floors and walls of homes and businesses with disinfectantsk, etc. You don't have to have been in a flood for mold to grow, either. Damp, moist conditions over a long period of time will cause growth, for example.
I'm not saying here that you're not experiencing a spirit, Maelinde. I just think that people in general shouldn't always jump to conclusions. When you mentioned a health condition, it made me think of things like mold or other conditions that can cause people to experience what you described without any paranormal activity going on. Just something for folks to think about.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#11 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:16 PM

I have had a couple of different "sickness" feelings from spirits. When I was a teenager, my friend and I had an evil spirit that hung around after we messed with a ouija board. We were both very pale, weak and sickly looking. I was probably the worst because that entity stuck around my house and created havoc at night for a long time. I hardly slept at night, if I got 2-4 hours of sleep I was lucky. I don't know how I functioned and did my school work. I remember being exhausted on weekends and sleeping until almost noontime just to make up on lost sleep, uggh except Sunday, when I had to be at the last Sunday church service, I dragged my body in and plunked at the rear of the church. Weird, but when I left church, I felt more drained of energy than ever.

Another kind of illness I have felt twice. The last time was the first time I visited the "Lizzie Borden House" in Fall River, MA. I felt a presence while we waited in the parlour for more people to join the tour. The next room we went in was the dining room. I just felt this bad energy overcome me and I just kept staring at the table there. Mind you, I went there knowing nothing about the details that happened other than Lizzie supposedly axed her father and stepmother in the house. I just felt aweful in that room, I just wanted out, and out of that house. I started to sweat and feel hot, my heart started to race, and I was imagining in my mind the route to get out to the front door, but my legs would not move. I just felt like if I took one step that I would faint, and how embarrassing in front of a group of people. The energy feeling that hit me went to my head, I did feel light headed, but just stayed strong. Right before we left the dining room, the tour guide said that the bodies of Andrew and Abbey Borden were laid out on the dining room table for an autopsy before taken away. I have never shot out of a room so fast in my life. I took me years to go back and visit, I never wanted to feel that aweful feeling I felt there. I did revisit last year, but nothing unusual happened, luckily.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#12 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My interest are Driving, racing, Trucks, Cars, Dirt Bikes, Atvs, Building Hot Rods, Ghost Hunting and Reading Car Mags, Mafia Movies and Playing Video Games

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:32 AM

This might not help your energy, but try taking a few pictures of the area when you you feel drained.

When you are drained the spirit should be at their peak, that will make them most subseptable to pictures and other evidence.

First find out what you are dealing with before you find a cure, as your cure may just piss this thing off and you can end up worse than you are.

Try communicating more with it, maybe even do some EVP research.

#13 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:24 PM

I've tried to photograph it, but my camera keep getting screwed up each time I try to take a picture inside the hallway where the presence stays.

I've had our apartment checked for mold as we had a slab leak 4 years ago in the spare room (which I rarely ever go just because it's so cluttered) and got an all clear for no mold. We have this done each year because we don't want to have that in the apartment, as we're both allergic to it.

My health is fine now, but every now and then the presence comes back and tries to gain another hold on me. I've smudged a couple times and that seems to help for a few days, plus it makes the apartment smell nice. :blush:

I'm doing ok - just busy outside the home with other events. :)

#14 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:18 AM

Sage smoke gets into the energy of a spirit and makes them weak. Dont ask me how it does that, I dont know. The spirit will leave as its not nice for a spirit but depends on the sort of spirit you are dealing with. If the spirit is strong willed it will p off the spirit bad and it will come back and you will cop it worse.

#15 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:54 PM

If the spirit is strong willed it will p off the spirit bad and it will come back and you will cop it worse.

huh?

[edit] do you mean that it will make the spirit more angry and prone to inflict more damage than it did before the smudging? [/edit]

Edited by kingo'mountain, 28 September 2007 - 01:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users