staged or real?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:57 PM

found this video on youtube tonight. I am not one to really know the staged ghosts to real ones. The "demon child" to me looks like it could be real, but I don't know if you can really get that much detail from a ghost or even a demon.

Another thing to is, the part where they said freaky stuff happend after "using something you shouldn't use", you hear loud breathing and what sounds like multiple voices speaking in tongues or whatever the language the demons speak (i think tongues is both God and the devil, please correct me if I am wrong).

Anyway, I think if it is a hoax, it is a pretty elaberate one. But please fill me in. And if anyone has any suggestions as to how to tell hoaxes from real findings, that would be great to! Thank u!

http://www.youtube.c...8...ted&search=

#2 plindboe

plindboe

Has a pseudoscience radar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:26 AM

Some of those were pretty creepy, I enjoyed them alot. The guy who made the demon child video starting at 4:06 certainly knows how to produce a good horror scene, the long buildup made it extremely creepy. The last one is another classic. The japanese certainly know how to make creepy horror. :wave:
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

#3 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:54 AM

Some of those were pretty creepy, I enjoyed them alot. The guy who made the demon child video starting at 4:06 certainly knows how to produce a good horror scene, the long buildup made it extremely creepy. The last one is another classic. The japanese certainly know how to make creepy horror. :wave:

so you don't think any of it is real?

#4 Banshee_Medium

Banshee_Medium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, 4 wheelin, motorcycles, and my TeenyDude.. (my son)

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:32 AM

Well I could watch YouTube everyday for hte rest of my life.

#5 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:54 AM

Well I could watch YouTube everyday for hte rest of my life.

Me to, I am addicted. lol. But now that I have seen that video, I cannot sleep lol

#6 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:17 AM

I can't say for sure if any of it is real or not... with youtube, I kind of doubt it. I do have a definite opinion on the "poltergeist" activity scene that was filmed in the '70's. In my opinion, that one is definitely faked. It has the feel of the old stop-frame cinematography used to film the original King Kong movie. Just my opinion.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 CourtneyDee

CourtneyDee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:My husband<br />My dogs (puggle and golden retreiver)<br />New cities<br />Sports<br />USMC<br />Paranormal<br />Xray<br />Beach<br />Summer<br />

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:02 PM

the one with the camera looking in the mirror was bothersome.

I do think its fake moslty because people spend life times trying to capture one thread of evidence, and this guy happened to catch over 9 minutes worth.. eh... doubt it.
"It didnt feel like the pain had weakend over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it " RIP Amanda Taylor"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret." Robert E Lee

#8 73Shovel

73Shovel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:There's nothing like being under the great southwest sky...an experience that proves we are not alone. Around 2am on an old v-twin, with a pocket full of sticks, puts you in touch. You have a band of brothers that are in it for the speed, travel and respect. Spirits are cool. <br /><br />~ Radio<br />~ Speed<br />~ FLH Shovel Head<br />~ Guitars<br />~ Cadillac's<br />~ Hillbilly Music<br />~ Spiritography<br />~ My Life<br />~ Friends &amp; Family<br />~ Art<br />~ Creative Energy<br />~ Life

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:38 PM

That stuff was so cheesy, it made me hungry for Ray's Pizza in NYC.

I love the disclaimers that say "unedited" and then seconds later the film is missing frames continuously from beginning to end. These people are amateur to say the least.

Funny how things work out...

#9 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:54 PM

That stuff was so cheesy, it made me hungry for Ray's Pizza in NYC.

I love the disclaimers that say "unedited" and then seconds later the film is missing frames continuously from beginning to end. These people are amateur to say the least.

:D

Yeah, there did seem to be a bit of editing done to those "unedited" sequences.

At least it was good for some entertainment.

I was a bit bothered by not that particular youtube entry, but someone else had placed an entry on called "Demon baby" of a horribley deformed newborn infant and it throughly disgusted me because the exploitation of an infant in this manner.

I have seen babies who look like that, we had one born last year in our hospital with the same condition. It is a rare genetic disorder called Harlequin Syndrome, a form or skin disorder known as Icthyosis. It is caused by lack of keratin in the skin and causes the skin to not form properly...it is usually paper thin and prone to splitting. These babies normally do not live more than a few days. It is horrible that someone could put this online like that...completely disgusting.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 khinkle

khinkle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

Some of those are obviously staged.. some of them, could be real

#11 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:26 AM

The guys wanting to sell his house so hes trying to give it an X factor, acting like its all haunted, the activities are easily explained, string, remotes to move things, people dressed up, something as simple as waving a tishue just above the camera and orbs fly about on screen, and the last clip... well.. if you believe that one to be real....

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 DeadWatch

DeadWatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

I agree that most of this was faked...the one that purportedly happened in the 70's...look next to the dresser...canes were not made that way in the 70's.
Todd BanksFounder/DirectorThe DeadWatch SocietyPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 plindboe

plindboe

Has a pseudoscience radar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:43 PM

so you don't think any of it is real?

I didn't see a single convincing video in there, sorry. You have to place unconditional trust in the presenter of these videos before you can even begin to believe they're real. For some reason some people don't hesitate placing this trust in random strangers presenting videos on the internet, I don't see what these presenters did to deserve such kind of trust.

Edited by plindboe, 08 September 2007 - 07:47 PM.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

#14 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

Definatly fake...I've watched too much ghost hunters and other programs about ghosts and things to believe this is real. I know that there are ways to put 'ghosts' in videos.
In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallows’ Night.

#15 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:14 AM

heh, it's entertaining even though it's obviously fake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users