Rosicrucian Order AMORC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Green Man

Green Man

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Witchcraft, Freemasonry, Rosicrucianism, occult in general, candle magick.<br /><br />

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

Any members?

Former members?
~~~~~ Hoppip is my mate ~~~~~

#2 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:39 AM

What is the Rosicrucian Order AMORC? I'm curious

#3 Green Man

Green Man

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Witchcraft, Freemasonry, Rosicrucianism, occult in general, candle magick.<br /><br />

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:17 AM

I guess not.

Harmony run a google and you will find their web site.

#4 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:22 AM

Is this a good place to start?

http://www.rosicrucian.org/home.html
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#5 Green Man

Green Man

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:05 PM

Is this a good place to start?

http://www.rosicrucian.org/home.html

Yes.... Good going !

:weeee:

#6 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:07 PM

I am slightly familiar with your group.... but, it's been a while..... feel free to indulge us.... very interesting history the group has.......
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#7 Fr_SSRS

Fr_SSRS

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:11 PM

I am a member. Is there something you would like to know about it?

#8 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:03 PM

.... no, not I, at this point.... but thanks for asking.... perhaps I'll take you up on your offer at another time....

#9 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:15 PM

FR_SSR,
I have a question.

I went onto the website that peepers posted. I read the 'about us' section and i found it very interesteing and refreshing to see that this group is about knowledge. I see that on a weekly basis you get different info to read and then try to apply the knowledge.
What type of info do you get on a weekly basis? Is it info that you can get from a library or just from this group? What type of rituals/ceremonies exercises do they offer? I know that the website lightly touches upon it but doesn't really give any info about what you will learn besides knowledge about yourself and life and the 'mystical'.

I'm just curious.
Thanks!

#10 Fr_SSRS

Fr_SSRS

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

FR_SSR,
I have a question.

I went onto the website that peepers posted. I read the 'about us' section and i found it very interesteing and refreshing to see that this group is about knowledge. I see that on a weekly basis you get different info to read and then try to apply the knowledge.
What type of info do you get on a weekly basis? Is it info that you can get from a library or just from this group? What type of rituals/ceremonies exercises do they offer? I know that the website lightly touches upon it but doesn't really give any info about what you will learn besides knowledge about yourself and life and the 'mystical'.

I'm just curious.
Thanks!

The information you get begins with information that you could probably find elsewhere, but from a different and more learned perspective. In a very short amount of time you are learning things exclusive to the Order, which can be learned nowhere else. Rituals and ceremonies are not begun until the temple degrees are obtained, which takes about a year and a half to get to from the outer grades. They are beautiful, but more concerned with initiatory proceedings than with practical magic.

Altogether the AMORC is really more of a psychic college with magical overtones. It will walk the student very effectively through the development of his psychic faculties, verse him in alchemical lore, and make him learned in occult philosophy. For an Order more focused on practical ritual magic, and higher magics of that sort such as the evocation of spirits, I would recommend either the Aurum Solis or the Servants of the Light.

#11 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users