21 replies to this topic

#16 CASEY WELLS

CASEY WELLS

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

what was all the commotion right after the the female voice? and was a tv on in the background, or were you or the client talking? other than that i loved it
Under the wide and open sky, dig the grave and let me lie;Gladly i've lived and gladly die, away from this world of strife;This be the epitaph for me- "Here he lies where he longed to be, lies in death by the nineteenth tee, where he lied all his life"

#17 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

what was all the commotion right after the the female voice? and was a tv on in the background, or were you or the client talking? other than that i loved it

If you are refering to my EVP on my website, the commotion is the girl getting out of bed after the lamp was thrown. There is a short period of silence where she called out for her mother (the client required that section be muted so her voice was not heard before releasing the EVP ) Thus the quiet period. Then you hear her open the door and the sounds as she ran down the hall. Her parents were also running up the stairs and at the point when they began to call to her, the audio ends. (This also had to be removed per client's wishes. ) That leaves just the EVP, the lamp crashing against the wall, the door opening and slamming shut, and the sounds of the girl running out of the room

The muffled sound you hear in the background is indeed the TV and some discussion between the investigators and the parents. This was taking place in the control area downstairs and on the opposite side of the house from where the girl was sleeping. The actual overnight monitoring session had not yet begun, thus we have audio but no video of the activity. We had not yet completed set up of the video at the time, and I had only had the audio recorders on for a short time prior to the activity testing levels, etc..

In short, it started before we had completed the entire set up or we would have had video as well. Original plans were to set up, then the parents were going to go to bed while we monitored for activity. But sometimes things don't exactly go according to plans as we all know.

#18 CASEY WELLS

CASEY WELLS

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:18 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my apologies. i thought the little girls voice was the evp positive along with the clatter.
Under the wide and open sky, dig the grave and let me lie;Gladly i've lived and gladly die, away from this world of strife;This be the epitaph for me- "Here he lies where he longed to be, lies in death by the nineteenth tee, where he lied all his life"

#19 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:20 AM

I should also point out that there is some degradation in this EVP that occurred when I posted it. Like most who post EVPs, I too lose something when it is compressed for the forums / online posting. The original has better definition and is on a high quality cassette tape in stereo. In order to make its load time reasonable I used a lower sample rate WAV file on the webpage, thus it is not suitable for serious analysis.

#20 tiedyekeith

tiedyekeith

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:07 AM

I use no software at all. My EVPs are made in analog format, and any filtering I need to do is done with hardware. I use a 19 band graphc equalized and 5 band parametric equalizer to provide slight tweaks if needed. Digital filtering works by creating artifacts and simulations which may alter the original. It has been shown to create false EVPs in this manner, especially when the quality is poor to begin with (class B or C). It may not cause as much of a problem with a class A EVP, but then againif it's class A why even bother "cleaning" it?

That's my kind of guy, old school cool.....I'm with you, brotha........

Digital sound editing software will never compare to analog hardware and tape....period.......

from a cost standpoint, you can't beat digital sound editors/studios........

Personally, Audacity seems the most straight forward to the novice, intuitive, whereas I just loaded the goldWave and found it far more confusing.....

In actuality, the best are going to cost bucks, not too much but, some.....I would go with DigiDesign ProTools, that's very universal in nature and intuitive ...... since most high end plug ins are designed to work within the protools format, or Logic or Acid Pro or Performer...those are all options musicians tend to use...protools being the leader of the pack......

just my two cents but, there's only so much you can do with sound waves, period. No matter what the software is calling itself or designed to accomplish, most are variations of EQ manipulation, or compression, too....ANALOG is THE way to go, period.....digital is second best.....

and as Old School Cool has pointed out, the old out board analog EQ gear works ideally.

Peace and Love in all their forms to you and yours,
Tiedye Keith

#21 UConnLaw25

UConnLaw25

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I am now DrCivis1980.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

Jason,

I use sound forge studio 7. I find some of the tools very useful. I had 5 bundled with Acid 3.0 but since Sony bought out the Foundry they no longer support it.

The easiest is Audacity. Free, simple, concise, what more could you want.

I have been listening to last friday's trek to Hell Hollow and Mauds over the last few nights. Yes I have been listening and watching all 3 hours of audio and video. Not nearly done.

For instance I listened to the Maud's Grave audio in 3 separate 20 minute bursts. Any longer and my mind kinda goes gelatinous. Just take notes of the exact minute and second that you left off with for the next session.

I'll let you know if I get anything substancial. Right now all I have is a bit of audio oddities, no class A unexplained voices, maybe a class C.

Pfled

As an aside, the only audio I have gotten from that area was on a simple digital recorder on a path by the pond on Hell Hollow (off to the right). My friend just had it plugged in to some speakers while he was reading when we caught a woman crying.

#22 Kent

Kent

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, computers, trains...

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

I've been trying Audacity.. It's ok. but I like the Creative Labs software that came with my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 better. At least for me it's easier to use...
KentLondon, Ontario

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users