• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:38 AM

It was a dark and stormy night back in October of 1999 when I first started tinkering with the Web pages that would soon become Ghostvillage.com. Back then, I couldn't even spell HTML, but I had a couple of paranormal articles that I had written for a newspaper I was working for, and an idea. The idea was simple: a place to put everything ghostly. An open forum of discussion, from the skeptical to the religious, on the supernatural. I'll take credit for launching the site, but it was the tens of thousands of Ghostvillagers who contributed their experiences, thoughts, and theories that made this place grow into what it is today.

Now that we're coming up on the eighth anniversary of Ghostvillage.com's launch, I'm proud to announce the release of my latest book, The Ghost Files: Paranormal Encounters, Discussion, and Research From the Vaults of Ghostvillage.com (from New Page Books). The new book is for fans of ghost stories, paranormal investigators, and for those who want to explore the many facets of the supernatural experience. Over the years, Iíve had the opportunity to exchange ideas with so many people on this paranormal topic that I wanted to write a book that would be my definitive work on not only the where and when of ghosts, but also delve into the hows and whys. Many Ghostvillagers contributed to this book, and just like on the Web site, their additions were invaluable.

You're dead. Now what? It's the big question and an important discussion we're all a part of, whether we want to acknowledge it or not. The more questions we ask, the more answers we work toward, the better we'll understand ourselves. To that end, I hope The Ghost Files will help take the supernatural discussion even further. The book offers dozens of personal and profound accounts of ghost encounters; feature articles that explore specific aspects of the subject such as: possession, ghost investigation, psychics, folklore, historic haunts, spirit communication, skepticism, and animal spirits; and much more.

I'd appreciate your support on this one, Ghostvillagers. Whether you pick it up in your local bookstore, online, or in our Ghost-Mart, you'll have a great book and help Ghostvillage.com grow even bigger. After all, I dedicated the book to you (seriously -- check out page 5).

http://www.jeffbelan...hostfiles.shtml

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Ghostvillage.com
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:57 PM

Bought 4 copies Jeff!

Thanks again!
Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#3 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:25 AM

WOW great idea. I love the artwork on the cover. I'll have to get a copy!!!

Good luck
Caesar

#4 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

Hi Jeff,
Just got my copy!!!
Am reading it as we speak...type...lol
WELL DONE!!!
~ROSE
Posted Image

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

I picked this book up last Friday. Every time I went to the book store, I was told it was sold out and more were on their way. I had just about given up and was going to order it online when I found it on a table of books with ghosts as a Halloween theme. I'm about 2/3 through it, Jeff, and I must say this is a very interesting book. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:30 PM

I got my copy for my birthday and i haven't put it down since!
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image
I very much enjoyed reading this book!!!
It's not only informative but also pretty fun...
Especially for the members of GhostVillage!
Thanks Jeff!

Posted Image ~Rose

#8 dalejrfan71

dalejrfan71

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Nascar, Movies, Music, Reading, Spending time with my wife.

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:15 AM

I bought my copy of The Ghost Files on Tuesday and I'm 1/2 way through the book. It is an excellent book Jeff, I even listen to the Ghost Chronicles & Spooky Southcoast on podcast. I have all the episodes for both on my Ipod.
If you wanna live life on your own termsYou gotta be willing to crash and burn

#9 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:03 AM

Great book! I read it about a week ago. I hope that Jeff will continue with writing. I absolutely adore his humor and style of writing! I am currently reading Communicating With the Dead. Its been a great read!
Posted Image

#10 Nightmare Before Victor

Nightmare Before Victor

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:ALL THAT IS STRANGE AND UNUSUAL

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

one of the greatest books on the paranormal and ghost research. Thanks and please keep writing! :)

#11 KyleK

KyleK

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:46 AM

Hey Jeff- I just finished the book today. Most enjoyable. Great job.

#12 Night

Night

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Many many things... Roleplaying, webcomics, reading, music and etc... The supernatural is very much a part of my interests. Ask me about most things in this line and i could answer it. I could also do the same with serial killers or abnormal psychology, it fascinates me..

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

I picked up this book in my library and read through it now. In fact, it was from the book that I found this site. Anyways... I would just like to say that your book is well written. It explores a number of ideas and uses very credible ideas. I certainly enjoyed it and wish I owned it so I could show my one skeptic of a cousin so he may at least consider the idea of ghosts existing.

#13 hill.jenny

hill.jenny

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

I found this link through the book "The Ghost Files"... Just registered myself and I'll be coming back more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users