A friend passed away today

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:58 PM

"There really isn't a guide on how to react to a person's death. It's up to the individual. You shouldn't feel obliged to react a certain way. Don't gauge your sense of loss by other people"

Very wise and true words, Meanderer. Riny, Mystic Hippy and I send our condolences and will continue to hold you in our thoughts and prayers.

#17 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:50 AM

Yeah, I feel better. I am sorry for your loss as well.

Well, the funeral is on Wednesday, 10/3/07. Although, wether I will be there has not yet been determined, but I am leaning closer to a no. The reason is because even though the last time I had been to the funeral home was over a decade ago, and I am not sure I want to go. I am going to attend the visiting tonight to determine if I truely want to go tomarrow.

This years robotics season is going to be much different than any before. I will do my best to help keep the team on track.

#18 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:19 PM

I went to the visitation at the funeral home. Last time I was in that building was for my fathers funeral nearly 11 years ago. I felt like a demon in a church as in a strong feeling of "get out of there or you will die" It seems 11 years was not a long enough absence from the building.

#19 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

I'm not telling you to go to the funeral, but I have found in my experience that going to the actual funeral brings a certain sense of closure. Of coure it is 100% your decision, and if you felt uncomfortable in the building tonight, then maybe you might just as well not go. Your friend will know you care about him regardless of whether or not you go to the funeral. Obvioulsy funerals are for the living.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#20 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:50 PM

I'm not telling you to go to the funeral, but I have found in my experience that going to the actual funeral brings a certain sense of closure. Of coure it is 100% your decision, and if you felt uncomfortable in the building tonight, then maybe you might just as well not go. Your friend will know you care about him regardless of whether or not you go to the funeral. Obvioulsy funerals are for the living.

My mom said more or less the same thing yesterday to me. I felt the 4 minutes that I spent there today was enough closure for me. The building had a very heavy air in it.

#21 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:27 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Riny.
It's a shame the funeral place feels so uncomfortable for you.
I was going to advise you to go, because everytime I have missed a funeral for someone I knew and cared about, I have regreted it, just as I have never regreted attending anyone's funeral. But if the place feels that oddly for you .. . I'm not sure what to tell you.
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, though. It's never easy to lose a friend that way.
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#22 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:56 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Riny.
It's a shame the funeral place feels so uncomfortable for you.
I was going to advise you to go, because everytime I have missed a funeral for someone I knew and cared about, I have regreted it, just as I have never regreted attending anyone's funeral. But if the place feels that oddly for you .. . I'm not sure what to tell you.
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, though. It's never easy to lose a friend that way.

Yeah, this year's robotics season will be different with one less mentor on the team. He was the one always making sure we were working, and tried not to let us slack off too much. I am glad to have met him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users