Loch Ness Monster Search

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ghostlover

ghostlover

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Civil War, Ghost hunting, EVP and pictures.

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:47 AM

I know this has nothing to do with ghosts,but I thought that since it did deal with the paranormal, some of you may be interested. So if ya want to take it off the board go for it. It just happened to be a bit interesting to myself. Enjoy it. I got it off of Yahoo.

Diving-suit marathon man makes for Loch Ness monster's lair
Mon Sep 29, 7:49 AM ET  

EDINBURGH (AFP) - A former leucemia victim who hit headlines by taking part in several above-ground marathon races clad in a heavy diving suit has taken his charity quest to the bottom of Loch Ness, with hopes for an encounter with the lake's most famous denizen.

"If I do meet Nessie, I'm not sure who will be more scared, the monster or myself," said 41-year-old Lloyd Scott on Sunday before sliding into the dark waters of the Scottish loch at the start of a charity event which will see him walk all the way around its edges underwater.

Scott, who in recent years has taken part in the marathons of London, New York and Edinburgh clad in his 80-kilogram (175-pound) deep-water diving suit -- exploits which set new standards for the longest times ever recorded in those races -- is embarking on his latest endurance feat to coincide with a marathon around Loch Ness.

Aiming to raise money for a charity that helps children suffering from leucemia -- a deadly form of cancer of which he himself was cured -- he is to make a series of dives each day during which he will trudge along the lake bottom, fed by air from helpers in a boat above. He hopes to cover some five kilometres (three miles) per day.

More than the darkness of the lake waters and the hard work of walking in his heavy gear, it was the possibility of encountering the legendary monster which was uppermost in Scott's mind on Sunday.

He even refused to rule out a collision with the giant beast, which has sustained a lively tourist industry around Loch Ness for years, even though no scientific proof of its actual existence has even been found.

"I've been told the big copper helmet could give quite a big headbutt to the monster, so it will be quite nice to make his acquaintance," he said, referring to the heavy headpiece of his diving suit.
In order to get to the fruit of the tree, you have to go out on a limb ~ "Out on a Limb", Shirley Maclaine ~ GL4L ~ http://gl4l.maclenet.com

#2 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 05:08 PM

How did this turn out? Anyone?
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#3 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 05:52 PM

12 days and no Nessie

http://story.news.ya...ater_marathon_1

here's the follow up story also from yahoo
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 19 October 2003 - 10:22 AM

"I've been told the big copper helmet could give quite a big headbutt to the monster, so it will be quite nice to make his acquaintance," he said, referring to the heavy headpiece of his diving suit.

Jurassic Football, eh? :P
Posted Image

#5 ghostlover

ghostlover

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Civil War, Ghost hunting, EVP and pictures.

Posted 19 October 2003 - 11:47 AM

LOL, Something like that. I only posted the story on Nessie, because I thought that nessie was of that paranormal stuff. hehe. But 12 days and nothing? I wonder how many people said, "I told you so!!" LOL
In order to get to the fruit of the tree, you have to go out on a limb ~ "Out on a Limb", Shirley Maclaine ~ GL4L ~ http://gl4l.maclenet.com

#6 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:10 PM

There are probably plenty saying I told you so and plenty more saying just because he/she/it wasn't seen doesn't mean it doesn't exist...you have to love the lake monsters though
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 20 October 2003 - 01:29 AM

There are probably plenty saying I told you so and plenty more saying just because he/she/it wasn't seen doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

Right Said

you have to love the lake monsters though

:-* :-* :-* :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users