• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Sh33na

Sh33na

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:48 PM

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here... and I need your guidence, and advice! Yesterday afternoon... I was in the washroom of our house.. where u can see my twin daughters bedroom from... I was brushing my teeth... and my twins were at school.. my 2 year old son was napping on the couch in the livingroom, as well as my 9 month old son was napping in his room... my girls have bunkbeds in their room, they have a See and Say toy that they always play with on the top bunk.. and from the bathroom.. I heard the toy going off.. singing the alphabet.. i figured that my 2 year old must have woken up and was in there playing with it.. and that I had better go get him.. because I didn't want him to fall off of the top bunk... I walked towards the room.. and the hair on my arms stood up... I then looked up to the top bunk.. and could still hear the toy going off.. and there was a shadow of what looked like a little kid sitting on the top bunk... it then appeared to me that it jumped and disapeared... as this happened.. the toy fell off of the bunk onto the floor... freaked out in a panic.. I called my mother to tell her.. and she told me to go into the room and ask it to leave nicely and then say the lords prayer... so with every bit of courage I could muster up I went into my daughters room and did what she told me to. In the middle of the lords prayer.. the toy started going off again by itself. The rest of the day was pretty quiet after that. At around 3:00 3:30 in the am.. I woke up to what I thought sounded like a voice whispering mommy... thinking that it was my children.. I got up.. and they were all sleeping... at about 5:00 am this morning.. I woke up again.. to what sounded like banging on the wall (the girls room and the master bedroom are side by side). I got up to check again... and the kids were still all asleep.
This morning was my husbands day to stay home with the kids and mine to go to work (we own a business) And our two year old son was missbehaving.. so my husband put him the girls room for a time out.. seeing as he wont sit in a chair.. and he and his baby brother share a room, and the baby was in their room napping, (he's a very active little monkey.. and has been acting way out of sorts since we moved here in August.. not listening very well.. and being very agressive towards his sisters and myself). after two minutes my husband started to hear Kiegan getting very upset... so he went to open the door.. and it wouldn't open! He pulled and pryed at it for about 5 minutes.. b4 he decided to go get a hammer and break it down... I will post pictures for u.. to show you what it took for him to get the door open... when he finally got kiegan out.. he seemed to be pretty shooken up (this could be just because he was locked in a room for over 10 minutes, but my husband said he looked like there was something else bugging him). I'm really confused and don't know how to handle this situation... especially seeing as this spirit seems to be attracted to my children... any ideas or suggestions???? Thank you all so much in advance..
Sh33na of Kingston ON, Canada.

Posted Image

Posted Image

p.s. some of the marks on the door are not from my husband and unexplained.

#2 Sh33na

Sh33na

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

I also forgot to mention that when we first moved in here.. my daughters claimed to see eyes looking at them at night from the window and from the closet.... I passed it off as their imagination getting away with them untill now.

#3 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

Wow. I have to think about this one. Do your children have (especially the 2 yr old) imaginary friends? Have you experienced anything like this yourself in the past? Any new renovations to the house? Do you know the history of your house?

#4 Sh33na

Sh33na

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:52 PM

The twins used to have an imaginary friend in and old house we used to live in in Picton ON, Canada who they refered to as Ese. They used to ask him to pick them up by saying and reaching up to the air "Upy", they were the age of two at that time. My two year old son dosn't seem to talk to anyone unseen. Yes right b4 we moved in the house had a complete renovation done... all the rooms were painted new colors... the original hard wood was ripped out of the kitchen bathroom and hallways.. new hardwood was put in the hallway.. the kitchen and tile was put in the bathroom.. as well as the tub.. sink and toilet were replaced in the bathroom... and the kitchen was completely renovated and the layout was changed. These houses are old war time houses... thats all I really know... and the previous owner of the house was an old women who lived here for 30 - 40 something years.. and passed away... so that dosn't explain the child. There is some activity going on right now as I am typing this.. and my husband is at work this evening.. so I am VERY scared at the moment! LOL... There has been what sounds like knocking on the walls.. and moaning or crying.. comming from that room... and all of my children are in bed... I don't have any of them in that room right now... the boys are in their room..and the girls are lieing here beside me in my room. And yes I have had experiences like this before since I was a child... but I've never seen a full out aparition or shadow person b4.

#5 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:05 PM

I'm moving this to the Personal Encounters board, where it will get more attention.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#6 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

I am sorry you are so scared. Never like to see someone in fear. Just don't panic. Spirits feed off of fear. Until we can get you some help, you should try something soothing to say to curb your fear and protect yourself. Say, "May the white light of the holy spirit surround my family" and imagine a bright white protecting light around each of you and then your home. This has always made me feel better when I was scared and calmed me down.

Renovations can sometimes release activity in a home that has been dormant of spirits. Spirits who are earthbound like to go back to the place they are familiar with or died in and they don't like changes. This is what some believe to be a trigger for activity. The child shadow could have lived there or visisted there and died there. You never know. Land can be haunted as well before a house is even built there.

You may want to try to cleanse the house of spirits yourself or call an investigative paranormal team to come in. They do not charge. If you want to cleanse your house, there are different ways to do it. Some use sage that they light on the end that slowly burns making a little smoke. This is called smudging. You take it and tell the spirit to leave and go to the light while smudging every room in the house. Well, I don't want to get ahead of myself here.

Have you discussed this with your husband? and what does he think?

#7 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:the supernatural, astronomy, making art, biology

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:58 PM

Like cmraposa said(and from personal experience), get used to being around this ghost or ghosts. I was always flipping out about this poor ghost that has been watching me since I was about four, but when I tried being more friendly, my fears started to melt away. He is a harmless, gentle ghost who likes to tickle me and knock on walls next to me(or the counter). But if ur scared, most likely the experiences will become more frequent and intense. Try to understand them. They were people once, after all!:D
"Are you the gatekeeper?"-GB

#8 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

Welcome to the village! I will give you some helpful advice. I live with spirits and have donbe so with my own children for over 24 years. I am also a psychic medium and understsand what you are dealing with.
Do not show fear, first and formost. Spirits are just like we are with emotions and feelings as they did in life. They can draw their energy from you and your fears.
Take charge, this is your house. This appears to be a small child spirit and like a child, is very playful and curious. You will need to address him as you would a small child.
I know your children are small and not able to understand this, the children are more open and will see them much easier than you will. They will talk to them no matter what you may do to discourage it. Explain to them that they need to let you know what they are doing and what they may be saying to them. You can keep this communication open, its harmless.
To help protect them and keep a positive energy in the house, put rock salt in all the corners of the house, burn candles (safely of course) and you can burn sage to smudge the house. This will help keep things in a calmer manner. Talk to the spirit/s, tell them this is your house, they can stay if they are good and not bother the children much. You can tell them they can move on to the otherside and be with their family etc. they do not have to stay here. But if they want to they have to follow your rules of the house, because you live there now.
I am more than happy to help you get thru this and have a normal life without fear of living with them. Look into the history of the house and see if you can find any of the history of may have taken place there or the land.
Take some pictures of the rooms that this has occurred in and I will see if I can pick up a little more for you.
Don't be afraid of them. I know its hard to accept and you want to protect your children of course, but you only need to take charge.
Keep in touch an dlet me know how things are going.
Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#9 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:05 PM

Sounds like a child who wants your attention. I had a friend with one of those. Some ground rules were made and they managed to all live happily together. There is most likely more than one paranormal group in your area. This group can help you find the one that is right for you.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#10 Sh33na

Sh33na

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:20 PM

I am sorry you are so scared. Never like to see someone in fear. Just don't panic. Spirits feed off of fear. Until we can get you some help, you should try something soothing to say to curb your fear and protect yourself. Say, "May the white light of the holy spirit surround my family" and imagine a bright white protecting light around each of you and then your home. This has always made me feel better when I was scared and calmed me down.

Renovations can sometimes release activity in a home that has been dormant of spirits. Spirits who are earthbound like to go back to the place they are familiar with or died in and they don't like changes. This is what some believe to be a trigger for activity. The child shadow could have lived there or visisted there and died there. You never know. Land can be haunted as well before a house is even built there.

You may want to try to cleanse the house of spirits yourself or call an investigative paranormal team to come in. They do not charge. If you want to cleanse your house, there are different ways to do it. Some use sage that they light on the end that slowly burns making a little smoke. This is called smudging. You take it and tell the spirit to leave and go to the light while smudging every room in the house. Well, I don't want to get ahead of myself here.

Have you discussed this with your husband? and what does he think?

Thank you so much for your advice... i said the little prayer that you gave me... and I do feel a little bit calmer... I do believe now that this child is trapped and is looking for a mother figure.. while I was standing doing the dishes.. I felt a small presence creep up behind me and tug on my pants like my children do.. and again all of my kids were in bed sleeping. I was also researching myself and read alot about how renovations can provoke spirits.. so thank you for validating that for me... I would however like to look into finding a paranormal team to come into my home.. I looked in the phone book this evening and didn't find anything... any suggestions? I spoke with my husband about this.. and the epidsode that happened with Kiegan (our two year old) freaked him out alot... but he's trying to make sense of this and thinking about logical explinations... he also has the attitude that he's not going to let anything chase him out of his home. You are all so nice here.. and I thank you soo very much from the bottom of my heart! :D

#11 Sh33na

Sh33na

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

Like cmraposa said(and from personal experience), get used to being around this ghost or ghosts. I was always flipping out about this poor ghost that has been watching me since I was about four, but when I tried being more friendly, my fears started to melt away. He is a harmless, gentle ghost who likes to tickle me and knock on walls next to me(or the counter). But if ur scared, most likely the experiences will become more frequent and intense. Try to understand them. They were people once, after all!:D

Thank you so very much for your advice! I do apreciate it so much. After I calmed down tonight.. the activity isn't as strong as what it was... so that did help! Any other advice for living with a spirit???

#12 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

Look on the internet starting with the name of your town. You can change the wording to get different results. I found this http://www.hauntedha....com/index.html but they are choosing carefully at this time. I think most take hauntings in a home with children more seriously. They might also be able to send you in the right direction with another group. Once you have searched your area, try Toronto, Niagara falls and Buffalo. None of those all that far.
To me being a child makes it less frightening. Up until recently children were taught to respect adults. On EVPs you can hear them begin to talk but when an adult starts talking they wait for them to stop before speaking. They tend to follow direction fairly well. I know when Meagan (my friends little girl) would occasionally lock them in a walk in closet, they would yell at her to let them out and she did every time.
I am getting a feeling that this child wants you to know he or she is there. Now that youre feeling a little more comfortable and in control, you may be able to talk to them and explain that you know theyre there, that it you are the adult, it is your house now and there are rules to follow. frightening the children is not allowed.

#13 Sh33na

Sh33na

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

Welcome to the village! I will give you some helpful advice. I live with spirits and have donbe so with my own children for over 24 years. I am also a psychic medium and understsand what you are dealing with.
Do not show fear, first and formost. Spirits are just like we are with emotions and feelings as they did in life. They can draw their energy from you and your fears.
Take charge, this is your house. This appears to be a small child spirit and like a child, is very playful and curious. You will need to address him as you would a small child.
I know your children are small and not able to understand this, the children are more open and will see them much easier than you will. They will talk to them no matter what you may do to discourage it. Explain to them that they need to let you know what they are doing and what they may be saying to them. You can keep this communication open, its harmless.
To help protect them and keep a positive energy in the house, put rock salt in all the corners of the house, burn candles (safely of course) and you can burn sage to smudge the house. This will help keep things in a calmer manner. Talk to the spirit/s, tell them this is your house, they can stay if they are good and not bother the children much. You can tell them they can move on to the otherside and be with their family etc. they do not have to stay here. But if they want to they have to follow your rules of the house, because you live there now.
I am more than happy to help you get thru this and have a normal life without fear of living with them. Look into the history of the house and see if you can find any of the history of may have taken place there or the land.
Take some pictures of the rooms that this has occurred in and I will see if I can pick up a little more for you.
Don't be afraid of them. I know its hard to accept and you want to protect your children of course, but you only need to take charge.
Keep in touch an dlet me know how things are going.
Les

Hey Les! I thank you so much! Wow a medium! I find that very interesting... I can't wait to learn more about your experiences! My husband is thinking right now the same way that you do in taking charge! He dosn't want something to drive us out of our house... because I was very close to leaving tonight.. but after all of everyone here good advice.. i'm starting to feel much much better! I did take some pictures for you.. maybe you'll be able to see something in them... would u like pictures of my family as well??? Maybe you'll be able to sense something in them as well... I've had many paranormal experiences.. but nothing this big... I will share them with you quickly...

when I was about 13 I was playing with a ouigi board... it started moving on its own.. and said that I was Clairvoyant... I then put the board in the shelf on my closet.. and called my friend.. and told her that I didn't believe in them.. and never wanted to play with them again... I then felt something hit me in the head... I looked down and it was the pointer that I had put away in the box... later on that month.. my dog died in an accident... that night... I felt him jump on my bed and lick my face.. but it obviously wasn't there. Also after that.. it seemed that in my room.. electronics would act up... my t.v. would turn on and off by itself.. I would be listening to music.. and the volume would go up and down by itself.. my alarm clock would shut off and I would wake up late.. etc...

When I moved out with my husband.. (boyfriend at the time) we moved into an apartment in an old house in Belleville On, canada... the first night that we lived there we started having activity... foot steps up and down the halls.. pounding on the ceiling above us.. faucets turning on by themselves... and we would constantly get locked in the bathroom.. the door would slam shut on its own... and we wouldn't be able to open it.. but we would feel something holding it shut on the other side...

The other incedent didn't happen to me.. but to my twins... we moved into a house after having the girls in Picton, ON. The girls were two.. and we would always see them talking to the air.. and reaching up and saying "Upy" they would gigle for no reason.. like they were being tickled.. and when we asked them who they were talking to they would sayd "Ese". That was our last experience before this one... If you want more pictures let me know!!! Thank you so much!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Sh33na

Sh33na

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:52 PM

Look on the internet starting with the name of your town. You can change the wording to get different results. I found this http://www.hauntedha....com/index.html but they are choosing carefully at this time. I think most take hauntings in a home with children more seriously. They might also be able to send you in the right direction with another group. Once you have searched your area, try Toronto, Niagara falls and Buffalo. None of those all that far.
To me being a child makes it less frightening. Up until recently children were taught to respect adults. On EVPs you can hear them begin to talk but when an adult starts talking they wait for them to stop before speaking. They tend to follow direction fairly well. I know when Meagan (my friends little girl) would occasionally lock them in a walk in closet, they would yell at her to let them out and she did every time.
I am getting a feeling that this child wants you to know he or she is there. Now that youre feeling a little more comfortable and in control, you may be able to talk to them and explain that you know theyre there, that it you are the adult, it is your house now and there are rules to follow. frightening the children is not allowed.

thank u so much! I'm going to try haunted hamilton tomorrow! I'm pretty positive that this a child... and have a feeling they are lost and may be looking for their mother or think that maybe I am their mother?? Is that to far fetched??? Just with the whispering of "mommy" and feeling the tug on my pants.... I dunno...

How do I record evp??

#15 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:05 PM

EVPs are taped with pretty much any recorder, even on movie cameras with sound. I have a little digital recorder that I havent used for evps yet. Lots use analog tape recorders. My best experience comes from watching TAPs not personal experience but the one time I did try to record evps, I explained that I could hear them if they talked into the red light. I asked questions like what is your name, then waited about 30 seconds to give them the chance to answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users