Teens get big scare while ghost hunting

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 04 August 2003 - 04:36 AM

Teens get big scare while ghost hunting in abandoned hospital

By Andy Cerota
ABC13 Eyewitness News
(8/01/03 - HOUSTON) — They were searching for an adventure. Instead, they got the scare of their lives. The teenagers became curious about the old Jefferson Davis Hospital after logging onto a website that claimed it was haunted. Naturally, they wanted to see for themselves. But what they encountered was more frightening than seeing a ghost. A group of college kids decided to go on a ghost hunt. Instead of a run-in with the supernatural, they had a run-in with some criminals.

At three stories high, in the dark of night, perched on a hill, the old abandoned Jefferson Davis Hospital is the perfect setting for a spooky movie.

"We've had friends who've come up here on Halloween night and said they've seen all sorts of crazy stuff," explained Ken Mahle. "We came to check it out."

Haunted by their desire to bust some ghosts, six teenagers got busted themselves -- robbed at gunpoint by a couple of thugs as they were leaving the abandoned hospital. It happened shortly after 1:30am Friday.

Kenny Tyson said, "I was the last one, everybody was in front of me, and all of the sudden I hear what sounded like a cap gun at first. I saw the bullet ricochet in front of me. I thought I got shot."

It was that shot, not a ghost, that convinced the teens they'd better cooperate.

"I threw them my wallet, my keys. They got my friends’ cell phones, their wallets, pretty much everything," said Tyson.

"(The suspects) then ran through the old Jefferson Davis Hospital, and from what we can determine, ran straight through the hospital, out the back and ran back into the neighborhood," HPD’s Sgt. E.M. Rose told Eyewitness News.

When police arrived, they surrounded the old hospital and brought in the K-9's, thinking the suspects were still inside. But they were nowhere to be found. No suspects, no ghosts -- just a group of teens left with the haunting memories of what happened to them.

"It just reminds you of how dangerous it can be when you're just trying to have some fun," said Mahle.
(Copyright © 2003, KTRK-TV)
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#2 Bangin

Bangin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 07:55 AM

Wow.  Ghosthunting can be very dangerous, especially when venturing into abandoned buildings.  I've been into a few abandoned buildings and each of them had spray painted walls or noticable vandalism.  We must stay on our toes and always be aware of our surroundings.  It's probably not a bad idea to keep a can of mase handy.  Thanks as always, ohhorror.   ;)
First voice: "Where is he...around here?"Second voice: "He's dead."First voice: "Ah, he could be anywhere then."

#3 rockyroo

rockyroo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:07 AM

That is really scary!  Hope that I never run into any thugs like that!  

#4 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 06:13 AM

That's a lesson to be learnt, always have your wits about you, not just for paranormal beings but real ones too!  :o
I've read about this place and even joined a Yahoo group about it once out of curiousity. They just organised visits to it though and being in the UK I found that a bit difficult! Don't think I'd fancy it now anyway...... I heard it was to be pulled down, or has it already?
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

#5 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:34 AM

Wow...that's some scary stuff!  :o

There's a friend of mine that lives about 45 minutes away who loves to ghost hunt. He went to an abandoned church with a group of friends, and met a crazy homeless man weilding a gun. Thankfully, my friend calmed the old man down and apologized for disturbing him. Then they hauled butt outta there!

One problem with abandoned houses in my area is that a lot of meth labs are produced here. I'm not scared of any ghost coming after me...just a drugged out dealer mad as hell that he has a witness. Now THAT is just plain scary! Explosions are also common with meth labs...so we are very very careful when it comes to going to old houses...better to be safe than sorry!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#6 darkspirithaunting

darkspirithaunting

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 02:09 AM

I have to agree, there is alot more to fear from the real world then the world of the supernatural. How many people have been robbed by ghosts? or murdered?

#7 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 10:03 AM

It's always best to go during the daylight hours to get the lay of the land. This allows you to see any evidence of squatters or possible illegal usage, such as drug dealers who may not want "normal"people looking at their operation. Use as much caution and protection reguarding the outside world as you do the paranormal.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#8 Pink_Pear

Pink_Pear

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 11:30 AM

Also be sure to carry a stungun.

#9 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 06:20 PM

The ONLY advice I have about weapons is make sure you know how to use them and they aren't taken from you.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users