#76 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:43 PM

that is lack of belief Daewan. If you dont have the guts to trust, nothing works.
Posted Image

#77 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:05 AM

I guess that's true...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#78 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 12:54 PM

Ana, I think the term is basically to put GOD before yourself. Other then that the rest is up to you. Even though I thought I read something about your children coming before all, not including GOD.

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#79 honeybeary

honeybeary

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Reading, walking, hiking, photography

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:59 AM

Well, I think that some religions go too far as whjat to allow or not allow, but I also think that unless it is an absolute emergency that a persons religion beliefs should be respected.
What doesn't kill us makes us strong.

#80 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:04 PM

very well said HoneyBeary! We should really be aware of the line that should be drawn between Religion / Belief / Emergency / Fanaticism
Posted Image

#81 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:36 AM

I feel that certain religions shouldn’t have rules when it comes to medicating a person in the hospital. We all just want the best for our family and to see them laying in a hospital bed in pain and needing medical attention religion should be pushed aside.

I never read in the bible "Thou shall not use medicine to make themselves feel better". Its absurd!

Hunny

#82 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:40 AM

Okay...Here is my thoughts on this.....

I also agree that it can be an extreem case on both side's...
Some will do anything to save a loved one..Even when there is no hope!

And some will turn away from doctors and medicine when its really needed and they end up very sick or dead because of it!

So making sure for yourself that you do get it in writting of what you would want in cases like these for your own sake...

But I have to say some people really need to think of why we have medicine and doctors!....Do you really think that "GOD" wants you to turn from your love ones and put him FIRST?

I dont think GOD is saying that you shouldnt take care of your family...Or not to take care of you..Who do you think gave the docotrs the abbility to help others?...Who do you think gave them the "SMARTS" to make medicine to help others?.....We give to much credit to mankind!...As though they are the ones doing all the helping/and not helping....

The bible says alot sometimes that dont make really good sense!..Why? Because you are reading it from our point of view!......The bible is filled w/scriptures that needs explaination of its meaning...Thats why there are so many concepts on it!.......Do you really think "GOD" is telling parents to put their childrens well being before him?...Yes and No!...Yes..YOU should always give the credit to GOD in what ever you do....No YOU should always use the brains he gave you to make a choice on your and your childrens health!

And to agree w/Moon.....GOD is everything! :D
"You only get 1 shot!"

#83 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:07 AM

EXACTLY what I have been saying!

Put your wishes in writing. Even if you are 28 and in great health! Other wise it is left in the hands of grieving family who may or may not make the decision you would make.
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#84 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:41 AM

I agree whole heartedly with what is being said. I assume when people talk about what it says in the bible, most of us are referring to the bible used by most Christians. To be honest, I don't know if there is much of a difference between the King James bible and the J.W. bible or not.

Correct me if I am wrong, but most people who are religious follow the teachings of that religion, and are taught that to question the teachings is wrong. So the J.W.s are taught from the beginning that the bible says that blood transfusions are against God's will. How are they to know any different? They are raised to believe that it is a sin, and then all of a sudden they are forced to make that decision about a loved one. Do they go against the will of their God and allow the transfusion, thus condemning themselves and their loved ones? If you adhere strictly to a religion, that is a pretty difficult spot to be put in. There are people out there who believe that you follow the bible to the letter, you don't just adjust it to fit your lifestyle. The bible says thou shalt not kill, but who wouldn't kill somebody in order to save their loved ones if it came down to that? So is it ok to do that?

From our perspective, looking in, it's almost like a cult mentality (no offense intended). We all know it is wrong to join a cult and give away all of our possessions and freedoms, yet people do it. I wonder if there is a J.W. site where they call down people like us who would do whatever it took to save our loved ones.
Posted Image

#85 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:52 AM

Good point!

I don't know if they are put in a position if they were to choose medical attention there beliefs and everything they stand for will disown them. What if there religion believes that if certain rules are not followed then they will be banished from the wherever they study at. I don't know it makes you wonder.

Hunny

#86 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 02 September 2004 - 02:30 PM

I agree....
And to that comandment...
"Thou shall Not Kill"
There is killing all through the bible from men of GOD...
Sometimes I wonder if it means more than a physical kill...
Could it be a mental kill..You can kill someone w/your words...
Or is it a spirtual kill....You can tell lies to someone and make them belive as you...(such as a cult)....You kill thier spirit....

Just some thoughts.......

But I can honestly say that Im gratefull that I can make choices that I know that will benifit my children if they need special care and not feel like I went agianst everything that I belived in!......And that Im not surrounded by others to pressure me to think that I would be wrong if I got help from the medical world!
"You only get 1 shot!"

#87 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:26 PM

When I was in elementary school I went to Catholic school, and the one nun did consider gossip to injure people's feelings or reputations as the same as killing, she most definetly believed it went beyond physcial death
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#88 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 12:49 PM

What did the nun do?

#89 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:35 AM

An old discussion, but I guess worth a bump.

I am a practicing Pranic Healer, an energy based healing system, but what our Guru always mentions is that Pranic Healing is a healing methodology only to compliment mainstream medicine.

I do believe, lot of things need medical attention, but prayers do help to promote a faster and safer healing.
Posted Image

#90 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

An old discussion, but I guess worth a bump.

I am a practicing Pranic Healer, an energy based healing system, but what our Guru always mentions is that Pranic Healing is a healing methodology only to compliment mainstream medicine.

I do believe, lot of things need medical attention, but prayers do help to promote a faster and safer healing.

Sorry for my ignorance Moonie but does pranic healing involve any sort of medication at all? Or do you lay your hands over the part of the body that needs healing and focus in your energy. Just curious.

Whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users