mirror at the end of the bed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 lousta

lousta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, history, movies (film freak right here), music (can't live without my ipod), spending time with family and friends, reading, going out, cinema, surfing the web, food, sleeping, running... etc etc

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:50 AM

I wasn't sure where to post this, so i thought i'd post here

Has anyone else ever heard of the urban legend/myth that if you sleep with a mirror at the end of your bed, bad things happen. An evil spirit is said to come out and attack you, OR, your spirit will eave your body, and if you wake up before it returns to yor body, you will die!

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

One thing for sure though....i never sleep with a mirror at the end of my bed coz it creeps me out

Life is a journeyIt can take you anywhere you choose to goAs long as you’re learningYou’ll find all you’ll ever need to know...

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:26 AM

Not really, but according to eastern mysticism (especially Feng Shui) it said that while we sleep, the negative energies get rejected from our body since the body get rejuvenated while sleeping, and when a mirror faces the bed, all the negative energies thus escaping the body gets reflected back. :Spaz:
Posted Image

#3 noff

noff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, ghosts, but I am also very much into writing, I read a lot, enjoy really fast cars, animals and animal health, archaeology, philosophy, and the great outdoors.

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:11 AM

I've heard the same thing that SattvicMoon mentioned about it being a Feng Shui thing in which negative energies come back to you as you sleep with a mirror at the front of the bed. My aunt knows nothing about Feng Shui, and quite frankly, neither do I, but she has always clung to this one and I am just in the habit of keeping mirrors out of my bedroom because of it.
My house may be the only house in England that isn't haunted...Posted Image

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:11 AM

You can keep mirrors in bedroom, what Feng Shui reccomends is not to face the mirrors onto the cot.
Posted Image

#5 john8750

john8750

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Electronics

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:39 AM

Mirrors just plain scare me. Must be something to it.
Also, windows at night.
John SmithI know I'm not a good speller. I have a low IQ.Keep the fun in it>

#6 eatnama

eatnama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Ghost novels, 19th century gothic novels; books in general, photography

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:54 AM

My mom used to have a dressing table with big mirrors opposite her bed. I don't think there was ever any trouble with it but I did once have a really freaky dream when I slept in her bed.
I didn't like the mirror after that but mom had no problems :)

#7 john8750

john8750

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

My mom had a lot of mirrors in her bedroom.
She had no problem with them or other scary stuff, like clowns.
She was a terminal case nurse. Saw many people die. She said death is usaully natural and calm. Scares the hell out of me.
She passed away two years ago. I still have her house, left the bedroom untouched, she might want to take a nap. ??? The house is unocupied. I take a weekend there every month.
I dont sleep in her bedroom.

#8 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:06 PM

Many mirror myths may have come out of the 60's and 70's horror flicks.... While the vampires weren't seeing seeing their reflections in the mirrors in movies, other movies depicted mirrors showing what wasn't there or something more diabolical happening to a character's reflected image..... I remember in one "B" budgeted movie something evil came out of the mirror to taunt it's victim, can't remember what the name of the movie was, though.....

Also, mirrors and glass objects are used in scrying....... even those who are adept in the art have had some very bad experiences using mirrors.....

peace...

Edited by peepers, 10 December 2007 - 04:09 PM.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#9 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

Also, windows at night.

Oooh, window's at night bother me too, they always have.
Especially if I am on the ground level becasue you just don't know what might be looking in and whether or not you might see it. :shiver:
I had never heard that about having a mirror facing the bed before. Looks like it might be time to take the mirror off my dresser. :)
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#10 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

Many mirror myths may have come out of the 60's and 70's horror flicks.... While the vampires weren't seeing seeing their reflections in the mirrors in movies, other movies depicted mirrors showing what wasn't there or something more diabolical happening to a character's reflected image..... I remember in one "B" budgeted movie something evil came out of the mirror to taunt it's victim, can't remember what the name of the movie was, though.....

I think I own this movie . . .it was very bad. Was it the one with a piece of the mirror sticking to the female lead's forhead and possesing her?
And aren't mirrors that have "wittnessed" a death or murder suposed to be either cursed, and/or unlucky?

Edited by Bluemooncat, 11 December 2007 - 12:39 AM.

My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#11 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Sports, paranormal phenomenon, extraterrestrials, drawing, reading, writing, movies, video games, bodyboarding, surfing the web, snowboarding, horseback riding, animal welfare.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:02 AM

I wasn't sure where to post this, so i thought i'd post here

Has anyone else ever heard of the urban legend/myth that if you sleep with a mirror at the end of your bed, bad things happen. An evil spirit is said to come out and attack you, OR, your spirit will eave your body, and if you wake up before it returns to yor body, you will die!

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

One thing for sure though....i never sleep with a mirror at the end of my bed coz it creeps me out

That's pretty scary, never heard of it before but now that I think about it - I believe it. I had to take the door off my room to fix it and just put a curtain up instead until I put it back on. My bathroom mirror is directly across from where my bed is positioned and I have had many sleep paralysis types of encounters with evil presences. Just this last night I was going through an astral projection/OBE stage or something, as people told me, and I felt all tingly and I felt someone rubbing my body and breast. He said "Oh, baby" in a scary voice and I awoke in shock. I have been up since 3 o'clock this morning and it's 6:00 am now. I am very scared to go back to sleep. I guess it's time to shut my door at night from now on!

Edited by Country_Gal, 02 January 2008 - 09:02 AM.

AmberPosted ImagePosted Image

#12 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:00 AM

my friend axlfoley (Villager also) did have a big standup mirror at the foot of her bed and I remember her telling me that it's not good to have it in that spot. Now she's got the mirror at the head of the bed. I don't know what to think!

#13 john8750

john8750

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:05 PM

I wont sleep with a mirror anywhere close to me. Mostly not one I can see.
I felt this way all my life. Its just a scary feeling. I dont really know why.

#14 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:18 PM

Also, windows at night.

Windows at night really scare me. I always feel like I'm going to look out and some creepy man will be looking back at me lol. Once I was at a friend's cabin when I was about 11 and I was sleeping in the family room and there was a slider door. I woke up and looked at the door and saw 2 yellow eyes looking back at me. We had a night light though because there were little kids in the room so it might have been the reflection of that. Or a cougar. Who knows but it was creepy.

#15 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

my friend axlfoley (Villager also) did have a big standup mirror at the foot of her bed and I remember her telling me that it's not good to have it in that spot. Now she's got the mirror at the head of the bed. I don't know what to think!

So now the standup is at the head of my bed but I turn the mirror 'round so that it faces the wall. I turn it back around only when I need to use it. I'm not as creeped anymore.

Whatever

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users