mirror at the end of the bed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:44 PM

My daughter instinctively, since she was really little, wouldn't let me hang a mirror in her room. Then every night before bed, (when I finally got her one so she could see how she looked before school) she would turn it around to face the wall. I don't know why, but she was always afraid. The door to my bedroom is on an angle, my mirror is on the back of the door, and I always sleep with the door open so I can't see it. I just hate to wake up in the middle of the night and see a reflection. I don't know if it's anything paranormal or not, maybe it's just startling to see a reflection when you're all groggy in the middle of the night and not sure what you're really seeing out of the corner of your eye.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#17 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

hahhaha, I'm not laughing at you but at myslef, when I'm sleepy or groggy I don't get scared of anything, I just wanna go back to sleep. About 2 years ago, the male entity from our back room came into the house. My husband was working overnight and my cat, cali was asleep near my feet. I woke up durring the middle of the night and looked around to see what woke me up (Im a rather light sleeper) and upon looking at my closet I noticed a shadow person (the male entity from the back room) standing in my closet door just staring at me, watching me sleep. I thought that I was imaginaging him. So I turned around and flipped on the lamp. I expected him to be gone (due to me just imagening him) but when I turned back over he was still there, even in the light. So I sat up and just started back at him. I finally told him, "I'm sleepy, I'm going back to sleep, you can stand there and stare all you wand but you are gonna get very bored" and I turned over and went back to sleep. By morning when I woke up again he was gone. lol
Posted Image

#18 Virgo/Libra Cusp

Virgo/Libra Cusp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:The unknown and mis-understood

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:11 PM

And you were able to sleep? Wow.. I wonder how long he was standing there before he...went away.
As kids there was some game we used to play. I think it was called Bloody Mary. And we'd go in the bathroom, close the door, turn out the light and turn around and around in front of the mirror while chanting something and when we opened our eyes we were supposed to see Bloody Mary behind us in the mirror lol.. we'd do the chant, take a quick glance in the mirror and run out screaming...
sorry, that just made me think of that.
For the longest time as a kid I hated going in the bathroom and looking in the mirror because I was afraid I'd see something behind me lol..
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints in our hearts...and we are never, ever the same. - Author Unknown

#19 ali88baba

ali88baba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy cooking, baking, playing The Sims 2 on PC, crochet, and of course, ghost stories!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:58 PM

I have always had a creepy feeling looking into a mirror in the dark. Which really sucks for me cause my living room has several mirrored walls-floor to ceiling. Needless to say I usually turn the hall light on if I have to go in there in the dark. I've never actually seen anything in a mirror, it's just something that creeps me out, apparently I'm not the only one, lol!

Ali

#20 john8750

john8750

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Electronics

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:07 PM

I have never seen anything scary. Its just thinking for some reason, there is a reflection of something. Really a wierd thought.
I would like to hear from someone who thinks this is crazy.
Best regards----------
John SmithI know I'm not a good speller. I have a low IQ.Keep the fun in it>

#21 hoursweeks

hoursweeks

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:23 AM

I knew I shouldn't have opened up this post when I saw the title... but I got curious!
I am lying down in a bed opposite my mirrored closet right this moment, and am now terrified. I had read that this was not good feng shui, but my room is unfortunately not capable of being set up in a way of positive feng shui. However, some sort of bed position change will take place tomorrow morning. I would do it now, but I am too afraid to move!
Spread the love.

#22 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

I can't stand to be in the same room as a mirror with the lights off... My parents have a mirror that is angled so that if you are laying in the middle of the bed you can see out into the hall and bathroom... Whenever I sleep with my mom (when dad's out of town and I'm lonely...) I'm always edged way out on the bed.... I don't want to look into the mirror and see someone in the hallway. Incidently onetime I went to sleep with mom is because I sensed someone (or something) staring at me from the stairs (which are visible in the mirror)... And it wasn't Stella she was in my armpit snoring... Made me wake up and run the couple of feet to mommy... *shudder*
Love life.

#23 pentangle princess

pentangle princess

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

Oh no! I have a mirror at the end of my bed and last night was the first night the mirror has been there. Last night my little brother woke me up and said "the ring" was touching half of his body and he could see her hair. You know samara from ringu or sadako thats who he refers to as the ring. Since "the ring" is not real He was probably seeing the back of a spirits head but my little brother is very sensitive to spirits and sees most of the things i pick up on. I am moving that mirror when i get upstairs becuase its bad Feng Shui as i read here. Thanks for making this topic.

#24 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:53 AM

I have herd of the Feng Shui rules regarding mirrors.

I wouldn't want one at the end of my bed, for the same reason I don't want a full length mirror in my bathroom. (who the heck wants to see all that, when you step out of the shower.)brrrr

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#25 curiousme63

curiousme63

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:27 AM

And you were able to sleep? Wow.. I wonder how long he was standing there before he...went away.
As kids there was some game we used to play. I think it was called Bloody Mary. And we'd go in the bathroom, close the door, turn out the light and turn around and around in front of the mirror while chanting something and when we opened our eyes we were supposed to see Bloody Mary behind us in the mirror lol.. we'd do the chant, take a quick glance in the mirror and run out screaming...
sorry, that just made me think of that.
For the longest time as a kid I hated going in the bathroom and looking in the mirror because I was afraid I'd see something behind me lol..

Iremember that game with the mirror too. It was Bloody Mary and you would say her name 3 or 4 times and you were supposed to be able to see her in the mirror. Of course being young girls we did the same as you scream and run. Thanks You brought a smile to my face remembering it! Pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users